Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does this draft open the doors for FA Suh or Liuget to be signed by Colts?

JPFolks

I don't see where Suh would be a locker room issue.  He really won't command THAT much money, and its obvious he want's to go to a contender.  I think he's aged pretty well.  He's probably not the type who would take youngsters under his wing, but I don't see him as a malcontent at all at this point.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don't see where Suh would be a locker room issue.  He really won't command THAT much money, and its obvious he want's to go to a contender.  I think he's aged pretty well.  He's probably not the type who would take youngsters under his wing, but I don't see him as a malcontent at all at this point.

older guys who might once have been an issue, can change their stripes later in their careers when they are trying to cash in on one of their last contracts. while they're still is demand for him, his leverage is much smaller. and, we don't need him to be a leader (we have younger and longer tenured Colts for that), we just need him produce.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DerekDiggler said:

No I just don’t think it will be Suh.    It they’ll bring someone in at  NT 

I am fine with that.  We need to upgrade our current staff.  That is why I asked the question.  I am neither pro nor con Suh beyond the obvious fact that he would be better than our current weakest link.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

I think there is near zero chance that Ballard brings in Suh. I don’t think Ballard believes our locker room is ready for a player like Suh. I think down the road he might take a chance on a player with some character concerns, but I don’t believe we are there yet. 

As far as bringing in someone else (without any character concerns) then I think there is a possibility. That said, Ballard said himself that he is happy with the competition we have across the defensive line. So much that he traded away Ridgeway to get more interior offensive line competition.

I think we will add to the offensive and defensive line in just about every draft. 

We are not far from being one of the best teams in the NFL. I don’t think Ballard looks at the short term. He is playing the long game, because he wants the Colts window to be open for a long time. 

Who do we line up in a long game against power backs and average to better than average O-Lines all game?  Who do we put up late in the game 4th and goal from the 1 with 3 TE's a full back and power back and running QB trying to win late? Do we even have enough quality big bodies to line up? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DerekDiggler said:

Ok I get what you are saying.  But I believe the UT position is set far as completion. AND talent   Have said that for weeks.   It is the NT position that needs the completion.  Suh could definitely fill that need.   But I'm 97.3 % sure it wont happen 

Yes, that is why I asked the question.  I am just laughing at all the triggered people because I asked a question that included the top 2 DT's on the market currently and Suh seems to have them skittering around like bugs in a panic just for asking.  It's funny at first, but has crossed into a mania like desperate need to virtue signal that Suh is so evil he'd destroy our team if we picked him up on a team friendly one year deal.  No one has (that I have seen anyway) even commented about Liuget.  Someone did say Gerald McCoy might be available, that might be another interesting name to mull over.  I don't really care WHO as long as it is an upgrade over our weakest link.  You know.. COMPETITION?  Thanks at least for the reasonable response.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think the culture was established last year.

I agree however, there will always be new names and faces it needs to be maintained every year. And if Suh comes in too early there could be a small chance something could be thrown off balance. So, lets make sure our rookies and new free agents understand how we do things with all the right influences in place first. 

On 4/28/2019 at 7:41 AM, richard pallo said:

Woods is gone for now too.  I would think they need someone.

Did the run D just collapse when Woods left? Answer is no. Ballard just said hes fine with the line and "ya gotta let these young players grow and develop". My bet is Stewart starts. I have no issue with that because he held down the fort when Woods left and the run D didnt change. With that being said im certain Ballard will bring in somebody to give him stiff competition. I dont think it will be someone to start over him like Suh. I have no problems with Suh and i dont think hed destroy the locker room at all. Personally i think hes a good dude.

We've got 3 3 Techs between Autry, Lewis, and Jihad Ward.  You may not see us bring anyone in to replace Woods because you can move Margus Hunt over to Al Woods spot.  If they do that then Hunt will probably start and Stewart will remain the backup.  Whatever that means since everyone rotates.   We shall see!

26 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Danny Shelton, Muhammad Wilkerson, or Bennie Logan at a DT spot IMO.

If memory serves Danny Shelton was one of the guys the we're comparing to Lawrence. Not much pass rush but would be huge I'm stopping the run