Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mississippi State Edge Defender Montez Sweat runs an unofficial 4.42

1 minute ago, CoachLite said:

Does this change your opinion of Sweat enough to move up from 26 to get him? If so, how far up would you move? 15 - 18? Higher?

He'll go top ten. A good time pinned him top 15.  This run put him out of feasibility. 

9 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

Does this change your opinion of Sweat enough to move up from 26 to get him? If so, how far up would you move? 15 - 18? Higher?

Sweat reminds me a little of Davenport last year... If he falls to the teens then I think some team is going to move up and get him. 

He might have just punched his ticket in the top 10 though. 

12 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

If college players were shoving him around in the run game, then he will have a lot of work to do to be NFL ready.

I think he is actually better against the run than he is a pass rusher. 

Just now, throwing BBZ said:

Then that would be a concern then.

I think he got a lot of coverage sacks in college. He can rush, no doubt. But when I watch his tape, he is very impressive against the run. 

I don't usually call an edge rusher a full package (can rush and play run), and I am not quite there with Sweat yet, but he is getting close...

18 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I think he got a lot of coverage sacks in college. He can rush, no doubt. But when I watch his tape, he is very impressive against the run. 

I don't usually call an edge rusher a full package (can rush and play run), and I am not quite there with Sweat yet, but he is getting close...

With that kind of speed, I could also see him being used to cover a TE or RB once in a while too. 

1 minute ago, HarryTheCat said:

With that kind of speed, I could also see him being used to cover a TE or RB once in a while too. 

There is no doubt in my mind that Vic Fangio, during his tenure as Colts defensive coordinator, would have dropped into coverage. 

Sweat wont be a Colt. He's obviously going in the top half of the 1st round. 

So....enough on that. 

On the other hand, Brian Burns had a pretty impressive 40 , along with a very decent 3 cone time. He weighed in at 250 lbs., which should answer the concerns about whether or not he'd slow down when carrying extra weight.  He just might be in play at #26.

Any takers?

1 hour ago, Hoose said:

Sweat wont be a Colt. He's obviously going in the top half of the 1st round. 

So....enough on that. 

On the other hand, Brian Burns had a pretty impressive 40 , along with a very decent 3 cone time. He weighed in at 250 lbs., which should answer the concerns about whether or not he'd slow down when carrying extra weight.  He just might be in play at #26.

Any takers?

His weight shocked me.  He is a better football player than Sweat so yes i would suspect CB will be very interested if our staff thinks his weight program was a good one. He is a heck of an athlete.

4 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

His weight shocked me.  He is a better football player than Sweat so yes i would suspect CB will be very interested if our staff thinks his weight program was a good one. He is a heck of an athlete.

He's quietly lurking as a top edge rusher without the hype of Bosa, Sweat and others. It doesn't  mean he won't be taken before #26, but he's in the running for the Colts' pick, and I'm increasingly thinking he's their guy if he's there.