Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Potential Storylines 2019

Mr. Too Proud

A look around the NFL and some good story lines for 2019. I know we are locked in on Free Agency and the draft but here is a quick escape from the norm. How many of these can come true, what are the ripple effects of these moves? Do any of these scare you or changes our chance at winning a Superbowl?

1. Antonio Brown to the Packers for (New Orleans) 1st round pick

A-Rod gets his best weapons yet. Adams and Brown skills will make them the best WR tandom in the NFL. A new coach and playbook will make Green Bay a force again in the NFC north. This move surpass what the Bears and the Vikings did last season.

2. A Brotherly Trade (Derek Carr to the Redskins)

We seen the Harbaoughs pull this off with Boldin moving from the ravens to the 49ers for a 6th round pick. The Grudens will not be out done.

Raiders give up

Derek Carr

1st round pick this year (Cowboys)

For

Josh Norman

1st round pick

2nd round pick this and next year

3. Sean Payton to the Cowboys

Sean Payton contract is up, The Saints don't have many draft picks and went all in this year. Drew Brees is a year older and there is no No. 2 WR in sight. Payton cash in and get a 10 year contract similar to Gruden with a young team thats in a good to decent cap situation.

4. The Patriots Reload

The Patriots signs both Demaryius Thomas and Tavon Austin to cheap contracts.

5. Ryan Tannehill plays a full season

The dolphins have been vocal as far as trying to draft a QB next year. I haven't seen a lame duck year for a QB like this. Alex Smith had Mahomes and Flacco had Jackson waiting on the roster already. Tannehill plays a full season and ruins the Dolphins chances of getting a top 5 pick.

6.Tampa Bay wins the NFC south

Atlanta loses a few offensive weapons, and have new coordinators, Cam Newton surgery and if you didn't read above I think Sean Payton goes to Dallas.

7. Teddy Bridgewater becomes the Eagles backup

8. Nick Foles, Joe Flacco and Andy Dalton will play musical chairs at QB

Teams like Carolina Panthers (1 year healing time for Cam after surgery, similar to Luck) the Giants, 49ers, Bengals and Titans all have decisions looming at QB. (Notice I didn't say the Jags)

9. The Raiders will tank again and sit the QB they draft for the first 10 games of the year.

10. The Houston Texans will hire Josh McDaniels or Mike McCarthy in 2020

11. Pittsburgh Steelers clean house next year, Mike Tomlin is replaced by Jim Harabough and they replace Big Ben with Tua Tagovailoa in the 2020 draft

12. Levon Bell to the Chiefs

Not much need to be said about this. They still have a QB on a rookie contract and a out on Sammy Watkins and Eric Berry after next year when it comes time to reup on Mahomes.

• Like 1

Good thread in a week with no football. Lots of good possibilities.

On 1/23/2019 at 11:13 AM, Mr. Too Proud said:

Antonio Brown to the Packers for (New Orleans) 1st round pick

A-Rod gets his best weapons yet. Adams and Brown skills will make them the best WR tandom in the NFL. A new coach and playbook will make Green Bay a force again in the NFC north. This move surpass what the Bears and the Vikings did last season.

20181211_065753.thumb.jpg.1c46ec943e9123304424595284996652.jpg

That would be terrible for the NFC North. The way Rodgers can buy time for receivers to get open would make their offense unstoppable. Just trade him to the Jags, Titans or Jets. :P

On 1/23/2019 at 11:13 AM, Mr. Too Proud said:

7. Teddy Bridgewater becomes the Eagles backup

Gosh no. Why would he go there?

Come to think of it, it may help him. Wentz seems to get hurt a lot, which would give Teddy a chance to play. I hope he signs somewhere that will give him a chance to start.

I doubt this happens. The Eagles will want a QB without an injury history like Teddy's, given that Wentz himself is coming back from two season-ending injuries. 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 7:37 AM, NFLfan said:

Good thread in a week with no football. Lots of good possibilities.

20181211_065753.thumb.jpg.1c46ec943e9123304424595284996652.jpg

That would be terrible for the NFC North. The way Rodgers can buy time for receivers to get open would make their offense unstoppable. Just trade him to the Jags, Titans or Jets. :P

Gosh no. Why would he go there?

Come to think of it, it may help him. Wentz seems to get hurt a lot, which would give Teddy a chance to play. I hope he signs somewhere that will give him a chance to start.

I doubt this happens. The Eagles will want a QB without an injury history like Teddy's, given that Wentz himself is coming back from two season-ending injuries. 

Thanks 4 taking a look at it and participating

• Like 1

Patriots show up to their 4th straight Super Bowl, tying the record set by the Buffalo Bills and will play an NFC team.

Patriots will get the #1 seed and play their Divisional game against the 8-8 team that somehow won on Wild Card Weekend and get a free pass to the AFCCG.

Nothing else matters.

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Didn't the cowboys already say they were extending Garrett? Jerry Jones is too stupid to move on from a trash coach like Garrett 

Jerry Jones don't want any head coach he can't tell what to do.

Any head coach that might be successful may take Jerry's ego away.