Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyquan Lewis ruled OUT

Devildog

2 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

Am I the only one who prefers Turay over Lewis if I had to pick one? It seems like Turay got in the coach’s doghouse or something with his lack of snaps but I thought he looked good. I’d rather have him against Patty Mayonnaise this weekend for his pass rush ability. 

There is a lot to like about the potential of Turay. Lewis looked pretty good in his stretch this season. IMO Lewis is probably better all around right now. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, deadman said:

There is a lot to like about the potential of Turay. Lewis looked pretty good in his stretch this season. IMO Lewis is probably better all around right now. 

Lewis looked to be better all around and Turay looked to be the better situational pass rusher.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The Peytonator said:

Am I the only one who prefers Turay over Lewis if I had to pick one? It seems like Turay got in the coach’s doghouse or something with his lack of snaps but I thought he looked good. I’d rather have him against Patty Mayonnaise this weekend for his pass rush ability. 

You aren't the only one. Turay is a far superior pass rusher at DE...much better athleticism (can actually bend around the corner) and technique. 

Lewis is not going to be a DE much longer...probably even as soon as next season (depending on what moves they make). 

But while Turay has some pass rushing upside, there seem to be legit questions about his strength...and his inability to shed blocks against the running game makes him somewhat of a liability against teams that are RB-heavy (lwhich was nearly every team the Colts in the 2nd half outside of HOU). So during that time they used Lewis at DE in the base defense...because at the very least he could eat up blockers and allow others to make plays. And then sometimes he would kick inside on an obvious passing downs and Turay/Muhammad would play DE.

But in the case of KC, I agree that Turay would be the better play. They will likely be throwing a lot...so just let Turay go after him. As good as the KC OTs are...Turay has the speed to pressure Mahomes (even if he can't home on the sack). Colts need any disruption they can get.

• Like 1