Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Culture of Closeness

Smonroe

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

Great point.    Both the Colts and the Pacers are in a similar spot.   Put up or shut up.   Both have the talent to become nationally relevant.   Both have the opportunity staring them in the face.   Both could go far in the playoffs and both could choke it all away.   Colts just need to make the playoffs and maybe win a game and the Pacers need to make a deep run.  

The Colts are like the Pacers were last year. Shocked everyone with a good record but they lost in the Playoffs. The Pacers are a serious threat this year and the Colts will be next year. The Colts may even shock us a little more now and go deep this year if they get in?

On 12/28/2018 at 11:54 AM, Smonroe said:

Holders latest Stampede Blue podcast talks about how close this team is.  He’s been covering the NFL for 14 years, he’s in the locker room, and he said he’s never seen anything like it.  

He said Luck and Walker are best buds, Sheard has taken Lewis under his wing and the D and O players all get along. 

No matter the outcome Sunday, or the rest of the season, Ballard and Reich have done an incredible job building a winning culture that we can all be proud of.  

Just listened to it.   Not to detract and I don’t think it matters but it was Brissett and walker that are besties not luck.  Still a great listen and thank you for directing me to it. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Just listened to it.   Not to detract and I don’t think it matters but it was Brissett and walker that are besties not luck.  Still a great listen and thank you for directing me to it. 

Oops, my bad. Usually Holder doesn’t fanboy out on the team, he’s pretty fair.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Yep.  Remember, we were the worst team in the league before the season started according to ESPN and backed up by Kravitz.  

I have to admit I was very skeptical of the D back then.  Especially after Ballard let our arguably best D lineman and CB walk.  So I can share some of that crow with them.  

I don’t think it was ESPN....   most of their analysts had us around 7-9.

The guy, whose name escapes me, but who pegged us at 2-14 (or was it 4-12?) was with Sports Illustrated.     That was a laughably horrible prediction!

• Like 1

I remember when some of  us would bring up the Colts culture, and how big of a role it played in the fact that the Colts were failing to win games (and get criticized for talking about it).

Now it seems I can't read the forum without the lockeroom colture being talked about being a factor in our success...

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:06 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we lose Sunday, I will not think anything less of this team. I know many in here will pile on us if we lose but most of the people that do didn't even have us winning 9 games. Of course I will be disappointed if we lose but they already have done much better than almost everyone thought. We will have a winning season no matter the outcome on Sunday. Also, the last 2 months have been super exciting, every game has been like a Playoff game because of starting 1-5. Luck is healthy + playing like an MVP and our Defense has become respectable. That alone is huge, the future is real bright for our team.

I only hope that individual players don't "try too hard" (Luck has a tendency to press too hard)  and play within the tempo and rhythm of the team. That is the mark of mutual confidence in and between team members - and that will win the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t think it was ESPN....   most of their analysts had us around 7-9.

The guy, whose name escapes me, but who pegged us at 2-14 (or was it 4-12?) was with Sports Illustrated.     That was a laughably horrible prediction!

https://www.wthr.com/article/kravitz-espn-says-the-colts-are-the-worst-team-in-football-and-theyre-not-far-from-being

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was Nate Davis with USA Today, he picked us 2-14.

Yeah, they both should be eating crow...or something that the crow drops...

Another great line in that arrogant Kravitz article - he says the ‘lowly Browns’ picked the wrong QB in the draft.  

“So Look, I hate going negative on you a full three months before the Colts show up to training camp in Grand Park, but unless this is the greatest draft class in history, the Colts will be hard-pressed to sniff anything close to .500 next year.”

https://www.wthr.com/article/kravitz-espn-says-the-colts-are-the-worst-team-in-football-and-theyre-not-far-from-being

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Turns out we're both right.

I thought it was Seth Davis.    Turns out it was Nate Davis, not of Sports Illustrated,  but with USA Today.     He predicted 2-14.    And it did so the first week of the regular season.    Early September.

Here's the link,  done by conference.    The AFC South is toward the bottom.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/07/19/2018-nfl-record-projections-patriots-falter-super-bowl-atlanta-falcons/794037002/

I remember there was great outrage over a prediction of 2-14....   and rightly so.