Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Culture of Closeness

Smonroe

Just now, cbear said:

If we lose it will ruin my day but won't change my feelings about this team or its future.  Great and fun season.  Hoping it continues. 

Same here, I will be very disappointed but I won't rip the team on here with Trolling Posts. If we lose, there will be some that will do that. In reality when we were 1-5, not 1 person thought we would be 9-6 and in a position to make the Playoffs. I picked us to go 9-7 before the season and I am always positive but even I thought when we were 1-5 that the season was pretty much over. They have already met my expectations and my expectations were higher than most with the 9 win prediction.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we lose Sunday, I will not think anything less of this team. I know many in here will pile on us if we lose but most of the people that do didn't even have us winning 9 games. Of course I will be disappointed if we lose but they already have done much better than almost everyone thought. We will have a winning season no matter the outcome on Sunday. Also, the last 2 months have been super exciting, every game has been like a Playoff game because of starting 1-5. Luck is healthy + playing like an MVP and our Defense has become respectable. That alone is huge, the future is real bright for our team.

I agree the season will still be a success, but  I fully expect the Colts to win this game and will be disappointed with anything less. 

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we lose Sunday, I will not think anything less of this team. I know many in here will pile on us if we lose but most of the people that do didn't even have us winning 9 games. Of course I will be disappointed if we lose but they already have done much better than almost everyone thought. We will have a winning season no matter the outcome on Sunday. Also, the last 2 months have been super exciting, every game has been like a Playoff game because of starting 1-5. Luck is healthy + playing like an MVP and our Defense has become respectable. That alone is huge, the future is real bright for our team.

I think we are all happy that the team is where they are.   I won't have an issue with some piling on if there is a justifiable reason.   Poor play calling, lack of intensity ect....    If they play like they did in Jax, I'd have no issue with it.

I really want them to get into the playoffs this year.    Just so that their hunger is for postseason success next season (not just to get there).  Many times you see teams needing to take a step each year.   I'd like to take the playoff step this season.    However, win or lose, this team has been a tremendous success.    Kudos to the Colts.  

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think we are all happy that the team is where they are.   I won't have an issue with some piling on if there is a justifiable reason.   Poor play calling, lack of intensity ect....    If they play like they did in Jax, I'd have no issue with it.

I really want them to get into the playoffs this year.    Just so that their hunger is for postseason success next season (not just to get there).  Many times you see teams needing to take a step each year.   I'd like to take the playoff step this season.    However, win or lose, this team has been a tremendous success.    Kudos to the Colts.  

I agree with this. Yeah if we lay an egg we deserve to be criticized so I can't dispute that. I was critical of our Offense after the Jags game myself.

Like mentioned, it would be great for these guys to get a taste of the playoffs. Kind of like the early 00's teams playing the Titans. They'll be a hungry bunch next year if they get in and/or win a little in January.

Plus, we're not used to no playoff seasons around here.. Lol. It's like dog years our playoffs draught. Feels like 20 years even though it's been about a handful of years 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Myles said:

Add to that, that I don't believe the AFC has a true top team.   KC has no defense.  SD is a bit overrated in my opinion.   The Pats are down.  Houston isn't too scary.   The Ravens are darn good, but I'm not sure their style can make it through the playoffs.   If the Colts make the playoffs, they have as good a chance as any team of getting to the superbowl.   Only thing against them is that they would need to win all their games on the road (most likely).  

You just nailed it. That’s why I think some folks would be upset if we lost on Sunday. It’s been a while since the AFC was this wide open. I think we can match up well with anyone. We get in and I believe we do some damage 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree with this. Yeah if we lay an egg we deserve to be criticized so I can't dispute that. I was critical of our Offense after the Jags myself.

Luck was bad in the Jags game. Did you blast him?

Actually they will deserve No criticism for game planning, they will play hard because i have yet to see any quit from any player.
 Our talented staff, to the best of their ability, have our young, experience lacking guys, our TEAM prepared every week . Reich and his staff have proven themselves to any Knowledgeable couch fan. Some teams have knowledge and good players and matchups on any given Sunday. 
 Couchies here don't really even know how good most of the Titans are and yet Blather we are better.
 We will see how that works out on their field, with their fans NOT quieting for our Hated Team.

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Holders latest Stampede Blue podcast talks about how close this team is.  He’s been covering the NFL for 14 years, he’s in the locker room, and he said he’s never seen anything like it.  

He said Luck and Walker are best buds, Sheard has taken Lewis under his wing and the D and O players all get along. 

No matter the outcome Sunday, or the rest of the season, Ballard and Reich have done an incredible job building a winning culture that we can all be proud of.  

Walker the LB or Walker the 3rd string QB?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Luck was bad in the Jags game. Did you blast him?

Actually they will deserve No criticism for game planning, they will play hard because i have yet to see any quit from any player.
 Our talented staff, to the best of their ability, have our young, experience lacking guys, our TEAM prepared every week . Reich and his staff have proven themselves to any Knowledgeable couch fan. Some teams have knowledge and good players and matchups on any given Sunday. 
 Couchies here don't really even know how good most of the Titans are and yet Blather we are better.
 We will see how that works out on their field, with their fans NOT quieting for our Hated Team.

I actually was critical of Luck after that game on here. No excuse for getting shutout. Most people were blasting Reich but I was ok with going for it on a couple of those we did. Luck and the Offense just didn't execute on 3rd or 4th downs all game. I also have already posted that I think the game at Titans is a 55/45% game = close. I think it will be close with us winning something like 24-20. It will not be easy. They are at home and have a respectable Defense + Henry is a Great back.

41 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Walker the LB or Walker the 3rd string QB?

Antony Walker.  Holder was pointing out how the O and D guys get along so well.  He said Luck and Walker are inseparable.  

You should really listen to that part of his podcast.  It was impressive the way he talked about the team being the embodiment of “a team”.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Add to that, that I don't believe the AFC has a true top team.   KC has no defense.  SD is a bit overrated in my opinion.   The Pats are down.  Houston isn't too scary.   The Ravens are darn good, but I'm not sure their style can make it through the playoffs.   If the Colts make the playoffs, they have as good a chance as any team of getting to the superbowl.   Only thing against them is that they would need to win all their games on the road (most likely).  

That's definitely true. The early season juggernauts are definitely flawed.

Im just trying not to get my hopes up to much, but you're absolutely right. We've had plenty of SB champs where NOBODY even mentioned them as a possibility pre-season or even as they entered the playoffs.

• Like 3

I am VERY nervous about this game.  I dont know what to expect.  I think most of this is excitement more than nervous energy but i know i will be a chocolate mess all day Sunday.

This team, the situations of Luck, new coaches, the OL and D, etc, all add up to one VERY special story if we can somehow , some way win this game.  I feel that, if we do, something VERY special could happen this year.

Either way, things have gone wonderfully for the development of this team.  Either way, we're gonna come out next year full-tilt kickin butts and taking names.  This team learned ALOT this year.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Myles said:

For some reason, I love it when I see an underdog team win all their playoff games on the road and ultimately winning the SB. It sucked losing to the Ravens back in 2012, but I was low-key rooting for them after that. It would be amazing if WE could be the next team to pull that off. 

The most exciting part about making it to playoffs: WE ACTUALLY HAVE A COACHING STAFF Y'ALL. Anything is possible now.

I just get this feeling we'll be the team to take down the #1 seed in the playoffs.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

For some reason, I love it when I see an underdog team win all their playoff games on the road and ultimately winning the SB. It sucked losing to the Ravens back in 2012, but I was low-key rooting for them after that. It would be amazing if WE could be the next team to pull that off. 

The most exciting part about making it to playoffs: WE ACTUALLY HAVE A COACHING STAFF Y'ALL. Anything is possible now.

I just get this feeling we'll be the team to take down the #1 seed in the playoffs.

I'm pining to be the team that takes down the Patriots in the playoffs.

• Like 4

Definitely have noticed the team chemistry. Very important trait on any team and in the locker room. When everyone gets along and is on the same page, it makes things that much smoother. This goes along with great "character", a trait that Ballard has gone after since he has been GM. Look at our draft picks, captains of their respective college teams with great character. Hope it continues.

• Like 2

I am definitely optimistic that we can take down any team if we play our best, but most of our games have been against not very good teams.  Division games are always dicey and dont always fall to the better team.  Stomping the cowboys was encouraging. 

Basically what I am trying to say is I think we will either come out fighting hard against the best of the AFC or kinda lay an egg.  Optimistic for the former but wouldnt bes urprised if the latter happened, especially on the road.

Go Jaguars!!!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Myles said:

All games would be on the road, not “‘most likely” right? Since they’re the 6th seed

Just now, achcolts said:

All games would be on the road, not “‘most likely” right? Since they’re the 6th seed

If the Colts win and the Texans lose, I think the Colts win the division.    Doesn't the division winner host a wildcard team?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, IinD said:

That's definitely true. The early season juggernauts are definitely flawed.

Im just trying not to get my hopes up to much, but you're absolutely right. We've had plenty of SB champs where NOBODY even mentioned them as a possibility pre-season or even as they entered the playoffs.

Yeah like the Pats first super bowl in 2001. 

• Like 1

This is the biggest game of Reichs Head Coaching career.   In fact the biggest game of most of the players careers.   I hope to see them come out ready to go.  Making the playoffs makes the next step a better one.   

However, a loss is not the end of the world.   It was still an exciting and impressive season.   A loss would give us a schedule of a 3rd in the division team.   It would also move us up in the draft.

image.png.5a9c673426ff99f192180d8bfd230ed0.png  

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

This is the biggest game of Reichs Head Coaching career.   In fact the biggest game of most of the players careers.   I hope to them them come out ready to go.  Making the playoffs makes the next step a better one.   

However, a loss is not the end of the world.   It was still an exciting and impressive season.   A loss would give us a schedule of a 3rd in the division team.   It would also move us up in the draft.

image.png.5a9c673426ff99f192180d8bfd230ed0.png  

Yeah that is a good way of looking at it. It has been a fun and exciting season, and good because the worse we can finish is 9-7. We proved alot of people wrong already is the way I look at it. It will be disappointing if we lose tomorrow but this has been a fun season for me anyway.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah that is a good way of looking at it. It has been a fun and exciting season, and good because the worse we can finish is 9-7. We proved alot of people wrong already is the way I look at it. It will be disappointing if we lose tomorrow but this has been a fun season for me anyway.

Yep.  Remember, we were the worst team in the league before the season started according to ESPN and backed up by Kravitz.  

I have to admit I was very skeptical of the D back then.  Especially after Ballard let our arguably best D lineman and CB walk.  So I can share some of that crow with them.  

• Like 1

Was watching the Pacers game last night.  There next to the scorers table was Ebron, Brissett and Mack.  Great that they were supporting the Pacers but also getting a little non-football relaxation time together before heading to Tennessee.  And by the way - GO PACERS!  what a great time to be a sports fan in Indy.  :yahoo: 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Yep.  Remember, we were the worst team in the league before the season started according to ESPN and backed up by Kravitz.  

I have to admit I was very skeptical of the D back then.  Especially after Ballard let our arguably best D lineman and CB walk.  So I can share some of that crow with them.  

I went out on a limb and Posted in here that we would go 9-7 before the season  and Luck would have a good season. So they have already exceeded my expectations. It will be disappointing if we lose tomorrow though since we are in the position we are in now. I never once believed we were the worst team in the league or that Luck was washed up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JustAColtsFan said:

Was watching the Pacers game last night.  There next to the scorers table was Ebron, Brissett and Mack.  Great that they were supporting the Pacers but also getting a little non-football relaxation time together before heading to Tennessee.  And by the way - GO PACERS!  what a great time to be a sports fan in Indy.  :yahoo: 

Great point.    Both the Colts and the Pacers are in a similar spot.   Put up or shut up.   Both have the talent to become nationally relevant.   Both have the opportunity staring them in the face.   Both could go far in the playoffs and both could choke it all away.   Colts just need to make the playoffs and maybe win a game and the Pacers need to make a deep run.  

As for the OP, The chemistry has been quite good.  The players only meeting after the week 6 loss proves that.  They hold each other accountable, and when they do well, they have fun with each other. 

It is so much nicer to see this team celebrating together in the end zone after a big play, than Luck on his knees, pounding the ground in frustration.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I went out on a limb and Posted in here that we would go 9-7 before the season  and Luck would have a good season. So they have already exceeded my expectations. It will be disappointing if we lose tomorrow though since we are in the position we are in now. I never once believed we were the worst team in the league or that Luck was washed up.

I don't think many of us did.

image.png.58f3dbf0ccafb4f6fff75fdef52aaab3.png

• Like 1