Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Was on a cruise ship last 2 Sundays, saw scores what did I miss?

Southside Hoosier Fan

I came here and looks like the O-line is hot topic, what happened and who is starting where? In return I will give me a small tidbit. A guy I know well, who is an Indy guy, who has held many positions in his life, and knows basically everyone, in the sports field told me The Colts had Gil Brandt look at their roster and give feedback. Apparently 2-3 years ago he said they were 32nd in talent. Last year they were 27th. This year he thinks they jumped up with the draftees, and thinks they are 2-3 QUALITY players away from being a solid playoff team.

7 minutes ago, Myles said:

Luck has not been sacked the past 2 games.

They rushed for over 100 yards in the past 2 games.

You'd never think it could be the Colts doing that.

WR's still dropping passes. 

Were there any drops in the Bills game?  I don't recall any

1 minute ago, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

They definitely looked good yesterday. The run blocking/run game started looking good last week in the 2nd half of the Jets game...but I wasn’t sure if it was the Jets not playing the run since they had a decent lead or if it was actual improvement.

All in all, AC being back has been a huge boost. Glowinski has filled in well at RG and Smith is doing well at RT.

A lot of people are starting to say the line is fixed, and they have looked good the last 2 games, but I’m not ready to crown them yet. I’d like to see them put several games like this together in a row. 

5 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

A lot of people are starting to say the line is fixed, and they have looked good the last 2 games, but I’m not ready to crown them yet. I’d like to see them put several games like this together in a row. 

I guess that would depend on the definition of "fixed".  

Are they now competent and improved over previous years? - Yes, no doubt.

Are they one of the best in the league? -  No, but they are getting there.

9 minutes ago, Myles said:

They have looked better the last 2 games. They didn’t look as good the first 3 games. I know there was injuries. The competition the past 2 weeks wasn’t as good as the competition the first 3 weeks. Before last week people wanted to draft 2 new tackles in the upcoming draft. After yesterday the line is fixed.

I am excited about the future of the o-line. I’d just like to see some consistency now. String a couple more good games together, keep the same lineup, etc.

10 hours ago, Myles said:

Luck has not been sacked the past 2 games.

They rushed for over 100 yards in the past 2 games.

You'd never think it could be the Colts doing that.

WR's still dropping passes. 

If i remember correctly...no Colt player was credited with a dropped pass in the Bills game.  the missed catches were considered 'contested.'

• Like 2

Stat wise, our O-line is top 10 right now.

We are tied for 5th in Sacks allowed with 10

And as a TEAM, our RB's are averaging 4.5 YPC.

thats considering as a team the rb's  last week averaged 5.6 ypc, and yesterday 7.3ypc.  

And this was against 2 top notch run defenses in the NFL.  Consistency and have A.C. back is proving to be  key to our Line fully functioning.  I honestly think we haven't seen our o-lines ceiling.  We're going to be playing MUCH, MUCH worse defenses coming up...starting with Oak.

For those of you that want to say it's all the scheme.  Lucks averages 2.62 seconds from the snap to releasing the football.  Which is better than his previous years..but still only 13th fastest in the NFL. For reference, Derek Carr is 5th best at 2.57 seconds...but has been sacked 17 times.  Time to give the o-line their credit.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2018 at 2:49 AM, Lawrence Owen said:

thats considering as a team the rb's  last week averaged 5.6 ypc, and yesterday 7.3ypc.  

And this was against 2 top notch run defenses in the NFL.  Consistency and have A.C. back is proving to be  key to our Line fully functioning.  I honestly think we haven't seen our o-lines ceiling.  We're going to be playing MUCH, MUCH worse defenses coming up...starting with Oak.

For those of you that want to say it's all the scheme.  Lucks averages 2.62 seconds from the snap to releasing the football.  Which is better than his previous years..but still only 13th fastest in the NFL. For reference, Derek Carr is 5th best at 2.57 seconds...but has been sacked 17 times.  Time to give the o-line their credit.

I almost don't know how to react.   It's been so long since our running game and O-line were an asset.  

On 10/23/2018 at 2:49 AM, Lawrence Owen said:

The OL has been great...but I think some context is necessary for the run game. True the NYJ are a very good run defense...but almost all of that rushing production came in the 2nd half down multiple scores and their defense backed off. 

And this past Sunday against BUF greatly skewed the rushing stats with the current sample size of only 7 games. Some regression is to be expected. 

But I like to think the run game is somewhere between where they were early in the season and last week. What I am most interested in, though, is them getting started early and having success. The BUF game was a great example of that.

Without Mack and AC we throw 60 times a game. With Mack and AC we are a real football team. 220 rushing yards as a team against the Bills, also TY came back and all of a sudden we can catch.My point is we are getting healthy and IMO we are a pretty good team if we are healthy, the Bills found that out.

. Luck doing Luck things

. Leonard putting up numbers and making a great duo with Walker

. Oline balling out. Braden IS the Colts RT. Glowinski is looking like a legit RG.

. Turay is turning it on more and more each week

. Play calling is good on both sides.

. Mack attack is back. Hines showing chops.

. Drops, uggggghhhhh

. Ebron is a great target.

. We miss TY when he can’t go

. Mike Mitchell got signed, got awesome, got DPOW

. Vinny (maybe) and Jihad Ward are the only major new casualties on the injury report.

. Kicker tryouts on the way.

Overall, you missed a shootout loss to the Jets when we were missing half our starters (or it seemed like it), and a whooping of a listless Bills that just wanted to go home and watch TV until Josh Allen is healthy again. 

On 10/22/2018 at 2:52 PM, Myles said:

They’re already top 5 in both run blocking & pass protection per Football Outsiders.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Without Mack and AC we throw 60 times a game. With Mack and AC we are a real football team. 220 rushing yards as a team against the Bills, also TY came back and all of a sudden we can catch.My point is we are getting healthy and IMO we are a pretty good team if we are healthy, the Bills found that out.

I seem to recall just a little while back there were many pleas to move AC to Right Tackle or cut him straight away...

Hmmmmm.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I seem to recall just a little while back there were many pleas to move AC to Right Tackle or cut him straight away...

Hmmmmm.....

haha yea i have seen those posts all over the forum as well. Hopefully that is put to bed now.

• Thanks 1

On 10/25/2018 at 6:20 AM, ColtsBlueFL said:

Hmmmmm.....

What's worse is people were saying injury prone.  Some people just have no sense of long term memory, and use knee-jerk reactions.

On 10/24/2018 at 11:25 AM, TheMarine said:

Well since you were on a cruise...

What did I miss? Great ship buffett? Open bars? Sand and great ports? Great lookin people?

A ship full of old geezers, stormy seas, power outages and food poisoning....

....welcome aboard the USS Diarrhea!! :omg: