Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

IR to return

Valpo2004

14 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I think Farley and Haeg are the two that were designated as possible returns.

incorrect.  That designation went away a couple years ago.  They can bring 2 players back at anytime from IR after week 8. They do not designate IR to return players any more.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/8/31/17797904/explaining-pup-nfi-ir-other-injury-nfl-roster-designations-cuts-53-man-roster

• Like 1

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

incorrect.  That designation went away a couple years ago.  They can bring 2 players back at anytime from IR after week 8. They do not designate IR to return players any more.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/8/31/17797904/explaining-pup-nfi-ir-other-injury-nfl-roster-designations-cuts-53-man-roster

Honestly why limit it at all if you ask me.

If you got a player who's going to be out more then 4 weeks, it's a significant drain on your team to keep them on the active roster while they recover.

If you ask me IR should allow unlimited returns but only specify that the player has to spend say at least 6 weeks on IR before they can return.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

Honestly why limit it at all if you ask me.

If you got a player who's going to be out more then 4 weeks, it's a significant drain on your team to keep them on the active roster while they recover.

If you ask me IR should allow unlimited returns but only specify that the player has to spend say at least 6 weeks on IR before they can return.  

dont know. just what the rules are.  My guess would be as a way to keep teams from using IR as a hidden roster/way to increase the number of players they can have under contract since IR has no limitations to the number of players on it?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

dont know. just what the rules are.  My guess would be as a way to keep teams from using IR as a hidden roster/way to increase the number of players they can have under contract since IR has no limitations to the number of players on it?

That's exactly the reason

• Like 1

5 hours ago, csmopar said:

Lewis can return after week 8. You have to be on IR for at least 8 weeks. Go on week 2 cant come back till after week 10. Just wanted to clarify that

It will be good to get an early read on him.  Because if Ballard hit on Lewis that would mean the early read is that Ballard hit on all 4 of his 2nd round picks and his first round pick.  

That's a much better result then we where getting out of Grigson.

• Like 1