Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England (-1) at Jacksonville (9-16-18)

oldunclemark

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Still not worried.  Worse case scenario Brady completes the miraculous come back and the Colts are tied for first in the division.  But its not happening for Brady today.

Considering the Jags are still passing with this little time left, there's plenty of time for two Brady TDs + an onside kick.

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

AFC South rise up.  We aren't the laughing stock division any more.  Colts are coming too and we could soon have 4 solid teams top to bottom.

I predicted Jacks would win the Division. Bortles can play well enough in games and their D is Great. I picked us to finish 2nd. I am right on cue with Houston being 0-2.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I predicted Jacks would win the Division. Bortles can play well enough in games and their D is Great. I picked us to finish 2nd. I am right on cue with Houston being 0-2.

I'd be good with that for this season.  I picked Jax to win the Super Bowl this year over the Rams.

1 minute ago, Shadow_Creek said:

i believe in our pass rush and i believe we can beat jax twice this year. NE had 0 pass rush today no sacks on Bortles. your never gonna win that way

I think we have a shot at getting one game if that...most likely at home.  Jax is the real deal.  I don't see us sweeping them this year.

4 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

if anything kansas city is the real deal gotta love that tempo offense

They are looking good but can't really be trusted in the post season.  We will see though.  Jax has at least shown they can stand toe to toe with the Pittsburghs and New Englands of the AFC.  When has KC shown anything in the playoffs? 

6 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Unlike most Colts fans I don't hate Hoodie but watching him dash by the Jags HC with a 1/2 second handshake after the loss today gives question to what type of sportsman he is. Colts win, Pats lose = productive day.

I missed that. Not surprised.

I've observed during the Brady/Belichick tenure that the Patriots treat the first four games of the regular season kinda like the preseason. They don't scheme as much as later in the season. They seem slow and out of shape. After game 5 you get a much better read on what kind of team they will be. They are 7-1 in game 5's the last 8 seasons.

9 minutes ago, Flying Elvis said:

I've observed during the Brady/Belichick tenure that the Patriots treat the first four games of the regular season kinda like the preseason. They don't scheme as much as later in the season. They seem slow and out of shape. After game 5 you get a much better read on what kind of team they will be. They are 7-1 in game 5's the last 8 seasons.

Ya I’ve noticed that too. Beating the patriots early in the season is nothing compared to beating them mid-late season. It seems like they always blow a game or two early on and everyone thinks the dynasty is over

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Flying Elvis said:

Although, this appears to be a different team.  Time will tell, I guess.

I think your division won't be an easy sure thing win this year. Once again time will tell.  :dunno:

11 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Although, this appears to be a different team.  Time will tell, I guess.

I think your division won't be an easy sure thing win this year. Once again time will tell.  :dunno:

Hi Gramz! How are you doing? :hat:

It is true this is a different team and maybe this will finally be the end of an era.

However... I've heard that many times before! :D

I'm looking forward to October 4. We haven't played you guys in a while. :hug:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flying Elvis said:

Hi Gramz! How are you doing? :hat:

It is true this is a different team and maybe this will finally be the end of an era.

However... I've heard that many times before! :D

I'm looking forward to October 4. We haven't played you guys in a while. :hug:

Doing well, thanks. Hope the same goes for you.  It has been awhile since our teams have met.  I hope the forum survives it. haha

Some of this was undoubtedly the typical "early season Pats" thing, but give the Jags some credit, too. They made some big-time plays, on both sides of the ball. That's a good, scrappy, tough team. The trick for them now is consistency... can they sustain this high level of play...? 

50 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Some of this was undoubtedly the typical "early season Pats" thing, but give the Jags some credit, too. They made some big-time plays, on both sides of the ball. That's a good, scrappy, tough team. The trick for them now is consistency... can they sustain this high level of play...? 

I wouldn't worry about the loss. Like you said the Pats usually lay a couple of eggs early then they reel off about 8 or 9 wins in a row. I still have them going 12-4. As a Colts fan I have been on here alot saying how much I dislike the Pats but for anyone to count them out and say the dynasty is over is silly IMO. It just sucks that the Jags are so good now, Colts may have to settle for a Wildcard if they do end up getting into the Playoffs. I have the Colts going 9-7 which I picked before the season but I am not sure 9-7 gets them in??

• Thanks 1