Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Bengals Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Perhaps I should’ve been more clear.     When I say there was no negative reaction back then, I’m not talking about the fan base.  I’m talking about the media that covers the NFL — people in the know.     Rare is the time I care about what fans think.   I just don’t.   Fans are not informed enough.  But media-wise, I don’t recall any media reaction expressing shock or surprise that Chicago took Trubisky over the other two.     NOTE:  please see my post to 2006CBE about my view of Trubisky.  I was not a big fan of his, but I also wasn’t a hater.   So I’m not defending him. 
    • To be clear….   I was NOT a Trubisky fan.  He only started one season for North Carolina.  I think he only started 13 games (like AR).   His one year was very good, but still he had so little experience.      But I don’t remember any outrage over Chicago taking Trubisky over Watson or Mahomes.    Maybe there was and I’m misremembering.     FWIW:  There are video’s on YouTube about how much KC LOVED Mahomes.  But they didn’t want to trade up to 2.  So they hoped he’d fall to 10, which he did, and KC traded two 1’s and a 3 to move up and take him.     KC thought Mahomes was not only the best QB in that class, they thought he was one of the best QB prospects they’d ever seen.  Their view was Texas Tech had a terrible defense and so Mahomes played every game knowing he had to score a minimum OF 35 points to win, and in some cases 45-50 points.  KC thought he was brilliant.   Props to them, they got it right.     Now, I should look for videos about the Bears drafting Trubisky.  Try to gage reaction back in 2017 and see what the reaction was in real time.  Interesting stuff on YouTube. 
    • I didn't either. Thanks for having my back and Watson was very good with Houston. He won the Division a few times and was in the MVP running 1 year.
    • There were many who did not believe he would succeed. I know that many of the fans that post on the Vikings site that I follow did not think he would do well. Most thought Watson may be best. One guy was very high on Mahomes. He thought Mahomes would be the best. I don't recall any fan who thought Trubisky would be the best of the three.
    • 1987 = Monday Night Dickerson Miracle 1995 = Still Not Over It 2006 = Once In A Lifetime 2009 = Onside Kick Was Predictable 2012 = Chuck Strong Wrong Coach Retained 2014 = Superman Goal Line Touchdown 2020 = Ninety-Six Percent Playoff Chance 2023 (last season) = Better Than Predicted
  • Members