Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign RB Tion Green

TKnight24

22 hours ago, nyyankeechris said:

I can almost straight GUARANTEE YOU that Tion Green is not just some "camp body" or "camp fodder".  The things that some people say on here are hilarious.  Especially since they obviously NEVER seen him play or know the tremendous upside this young man has.

Again, I say....please go look at the tape.....and look in the NFL tape.....the production and springboard to potential Lions starter is no joke.  This was a very very good signing by Ballard.

Are you suggesting 32 NFL teams never watched him play either?  I think the way some people think we have found an immediate contributor when we've signed a ditched UDFA a year after he had every chance to prove himself is hilarious.  He was undrafted and what's more, he was not even signed until the first and second wave of UDFA signings were over.  In other words, he was a bottom of the barrel UDFA.  Forget what you think you know about film and player evaluation.  32 teams looked at this guy and said, "Meh, if we have room after everyone else, we'll think about it." 

That's what is hilarious about this Colts signing.  Even I looked at it and thought, eh, you never know.  But people point out that this guy is probbaly going to end up being a nobody, and we got film champs like you calling the rest of us uninformed, neverminding the actual NFL professionals who do this in the process.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2018 at 4:52 PM, ProblChld32 said:

Camp body ? Any info on this guy?

On 8/14/2018 at 6:55 PM, jameszeigler834 said:

Ya I remember Mckay who got another chance in Dallas this year probably his last chance to catch on with a team.

Fringe Players that don't quite make a squad in 2018 have a fantastic opportunity.  the AAF.

https://aaf.com/

There are real NFL ex GM's and coaches on those 8 teams.  A reasonable guess is that 2/3 of the rosters of those teams early next year will be todays guys who didn't quite make it past the cut down day this year.  No longer do 'fringe players' have to accept a practice squad deal and run the NFL teams 'scout' team.  They can get real practice, NFL caliber coaching, and real game reps in and possibly develop into an NFL caliber player, getting another chance.

I'm going to follow the Orlando team, proximity reasons.  I plan to attend a game or two. 

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2018/04/07/steve-spurrier-will-coach-new-orlando-pro-football-team

On 8/15/2018 at 9:52 AM, 1959Colts said:

This reporter thought Green was in position to become a "Breakout Star" in 2018:

https://sidelionreport.com/2017/12/25/detroit-lions-2018-breakout-star-tion-green/

After getting a late start to his rookie season, Detroit Lions running back Tion Green could become a breakout star for the Motor City in 2018.

...and here he is noted as a possible "franchise" special teams player:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/05/02/who-is-tion-green/101199844/

We will see.  With the injury situation and reported Special Teams skills (if true), then there is potential to make the 53 man roster.  My observation this year is how many teams will lose a potential player they wanted to stash on their practice squad to the AAF?  I'm betting more than a few.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Lol, you're right.  NFL scouts and GMs know less than the fans.

They obviously know more than the fans but they are still often wrong. Why is that so hard to understand? 

@AdamSchefter

Hope for underdogs: There are more undrafted free agents on NFL rosters today (481) than 1st- and 2nd-round picks combined (480), per Elias.

10:38 AM - Sep 5, 2016

There was a time when the draft was longer than 7 rounds-

A little spotlight on some special dudes of the late round / UDFA guys:

My late round all star list-

Larry Brown, Redskins round 8 1969

Ken Houston, Oilers, round 9 1969

Joe Klecko, Jets round 6 1977

Dwight Clark, 49ers round 10 1981

Richard Dent, Bears, round 8 1983

Clyde Simmons, Eagles round 9 1986

Shannon Sharpe, Broncos, round 7 1990

Troy Brown, Patriots round 8 1993

Terrell Davis, Broncos round 6 1995

Donald Driver, Packers round 7 1999

Tom Brady, Patriots, Round 6 2000

Jay Ratliff, Cowboys round 7 2005

Marques Colston, Saints round 7 2006

(Antoine Bethea round 6 honorable mention)

Now for my UDFA all star list-

Warren Moon 1984
Adam Vinatieri 1996
Jeff Saturday 1998
Kurt Warner 1998
James Harrison 2002
Wes Welker 2004
Jason Peters 2004
Chris Harris 2011

Late round QB honors-

Rich Gannon 1987
Brad Johnson 1992
Matt Hasselbeck 1998

Joe Jacoby 1981
Antonio Gates 2003
Tony Romo 2004
John Randle 1990

Feel free to add yours!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

There was a time when the draft was longer than 7 rounds-

A little spotlight on some special dudes of the late round / UDFA guys:

My late round all star list-

Larry Brown, Redskins round 8 1969

Ken Houston, Oilers, round 9 1969

Joe Klecko, Jets round 6 1977

Dwight Clark, 49ers round 10 1981

Richard Dent, Bears, round 8 1983

Clyde Simmons, Eagles round 9 1986

Shannon Sharpe, Broncos, round 7 1990

Troy Brown, Patriots round 8 1993

Terrell Davis, Broncos round 6 1995

Donald Driver, Packers round 7 1999

Tom Brady, Patriots, Round 6 2000

Jay Ratliff, Cowboys round 7 2005

Marques Colston, Saints round 7 2006

(Antoine Bethea round 6 honorable mention)

Now for my UDFA all star list-

Warren Moon 1984
Adam Vinatieri 1996
Jeff Saturday 1998
Kurt Warner 1998
James Harrison 2002
Wes Welker 2004
Jason Peters 2004
Chris Harris 2011

Late round QB honors-

Rich Gannon 1987
Brad Johnson 1992
Matt Hasselbeck 1998

Joe Jacoby 1981
Antonio Gates 2003
Tony Romo 2004
John Randle 1990

Feel free to add yours!!

Your first list is missing Johnny Unitas, 9th round.

John Randle should be on the All Star list of UDFA.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2018 at 3:41 PM, BeanDiasucci said:

They obviously know more than the fans but they are still often wrong. Why is that so hard to understand? 

@AdamSchefter

Hope for underdogs: There are more undrafted free agents on NFL rosters today (481) than 1st- and 2nd-round picks combined (480), per Elias.

10:38 AM - Sep 5, 2016

Its not hard to understand. Its the pompous attitude some have about it. It feels like I shouldn't have to say that just because we the fan watch film, doesnt mean we will be any more right than the professionals. But people like @nyyankeechris act like they know better than everyone and anyone with a different opinion is inferior. Its laughable.

Btw @nyyankeechris - eat your crow.

• Like 1