Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign RB Tion Green

TKnight24

34 minutes ago, nyyankeechris said:

Just gander on over to see his highlights and runs....this kid is good, like going to be real good if given a chance.  Lions website and Lions fans all over YouTube absolutely going nuts that they lost this guy.....

Looks very impressive

Patricia really winning the fans over

This reporter thought Green was in position to become a "Breakout Star" in 2018:

https://sidelionreport.com/2017/12/25/detroit-lions-2018-breakout-star-tion-green/

After getting a late start to his rookie season, Detroit Lions running back Tion Green could become a breakout star for the Motor City in 2018.

...and here he is noted as a possible "franchise" special teams player:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/05/02/who-is-tion-green/101199844/

10 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I'll give this to the kid he has a great heart. He is a good locker room guy too but it'll be hard for him to make this team

If Green has a good preseason, he could end up Turbin's replacement for the first four games?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Younger version of Turbin and Michael.

College tape looks good and last year's rookie highlights with the Lions look good too. 

Could displace both Turbin (esp. With his Suspension) and Michael as our "Big" back.....?

If he shows out it could happen...

I could get on board with Michael making the cut but his greasy fingers

give me pause.

26 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Camp body and nothing else.

His tape doesn't appear to be any

worse than anyone else on the team. 

If Hines makes the team, it won't be 

for the RB position. It will be for special 

teams or possibly slot. Hines isn't standing

out much thus far.

27 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

His tape doesn't appear to be any

worse than anyone else on the team. 

If Hines makes the team, it won't be 

for the RB position. It will be for special 

teams or possibly slot. Hines isn't standing

out much thus far.

Not to mention Turbin will be benched for 4 Weeks

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Everyone is a camp body

I disagree with that.  Everyone has to earn a position on the team, sure.  But not all players are teh same.  Luck isnt' a camp body.  TY isn't a camp body.  Guys making more than league minimum are going to get a longer leash than guys picks up off the street during training camp.

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I disagree with that.  Everyone has to earn a position on the team, sure.  But not all players are teh same.  Luck isnt' a camp body.  TY isn't a camp body.  Guys making more than league minimum are going to get a longer leash than guys picks up off the street during training camp.

He wasn’t a street FA but a casualty of Patrica’s “Patriotism” of the Lions

Many Lion fans are not happy

I am ear a few that wanted him to start over Abdullah

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He wasn’t a street FA but a casualty of Patrica’s “Patriotism” of the Lions

Many Lion fans are not happy

I am ear a few that wanted him to start over Abdullah

Well, fans aren't happy, but they don't run the team, you know?  The bottom line is, they're paying guys far more than Tion, guys with a track record.  Tion wasn't a casualty of "Patriotisim," he was a casualty of the fact that teams can only carry 53 players and they have 4 guys who were probably more capable, paid more, and paid more because they were more capable, with a history of at least some good performance.  Then you have a rookie RB who showed very well.  4 average to above average RBs, and you just can't keep a 5th.  Sure you can keep him till it's time to cut down to 53, but what good is that?  If anything, they did him a favor for the sake of him not leaving salty.  He now has a chance to catch on somewhere else.

As it pertains to the colts, sure he'll get a chance here.  But who will he beat out of Mack, Turbin, Christine, Wilkins and Hines?   We're not cutting the guys on rookie deals.  That leaves Christine and Turbin and I don't see him beating those guys out.  I just don't.  They've been successful in spots around the league - they have value.  They're expendable, sure.  But no less expendable than Tion.   

Bottom line is, Tion would have to prove without a doubt he's better than at least one of those guys to warrant taking whatever dead money may result (if any).  Don't misunderstand me, is that possible?  Yes.  It's always possible.  Is it probable?  No.  Many of UDFAs who have little success in their rookie campaign have failed to stick on the roster years down the road.  The odds are against him because he's in the shoes of many who have failed before him.  That, to me, makes him a camp body until he proves otherwise.

Well, fans aren't happy, but they don't run the team, you know?  The bottom line is, they're paying guys far more than Tion, guys with a track record.  Tion wasn't a casualty of "Patriotisim," he was a casualty of the fact that teams can only carry 53 players and they have 4 guys who were probably more capable, paid more, and paid more because they were more capable, with a history of at least some good performance.  Then you have a rookie RB who showed very well.  4 average to above average RBs, and you just can't keep a 5th.  Sure you can keep him till it's time to cut down to 53, but what good is that?  If anything, they did him a favor for the sake of him not leaving salty.  He now has a chance to catch on somewhere else.

As it pertains to the colts, sure he'll get a chance here.  But who will he beat out of Mack, Turbin, Christine, Wilkins and Hines?   We're not cutting the guys on rookie deals.  That leaves Christine and Turbin and I don't see him beating those guys out.  I just don't.  They've been successful in spots around the league - they have value.  They're expendable, sure.  But no less expendable than Tion.   

Bottom line is, Tion would have to prove without a doubt he's better than at least one of those guys to warrant taking whatever dead money may result (if any).  Don't misunderstand me, is that possible?  Yes.  It's always possible.  Is it probable?  No.  Many of UDFAs who have little success in their rookie campaign have failed to stick on the roster years down the road.  The odds are against him because he's in the shoes of many who have failed before him.  That, to me, makes him a camp body until he proves otherwise.

He is not a UDFA

Guys who have no chance to make the roster are camp bodies not someone who has a shot

also since I got nowhere near a NFL camp as aplayer I will never critique anyone who has the skills to make it there

15 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He is not a UDFA

Guys who have no chance to make the roster are camp bodies not someone who has a shot

also since I got nowhere near a NFL camp as aplayer I will never critique anyone who has the skills to make it there

He was a UDFA in 2017.

The odds are simply against him is all I'm saying.

Not with the Colts RB situation

Mack-Hurt

Turbin- 4 Weeks of “relaxing” + injury

Wilkins-Rookie

Hines-Rookie Hybrid back

Michael-Scat Back coming off injury

Oliver- New to system and hurt

33 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Not with the Colts RB situation

Mack-Hurt

Turbin- 4 Weeks of “relaxing” + injury

Wilkins-Rookie

Hines-Rookie Hybrid back

Michael-Scat Back coming off injury

Oliver- New to system and hurt

It's a gentleman's bet then.

I can almost straight GUARANTEE YOU that Tion Green is not just some "camp body" or "camp fodder".  The things that some people say on here are hilarious.  Especially since they obviously NEVER seen him play or know the tremendous upside this young man has.

Again, I say....please go look at the tape.....and look in the NFL tape.....the production and springboard to potential Lions starter is no joke.  This was a very very good signing by Ballard.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nyyankeechris said:

I can almost straight GUARANTEE YOU that Tion Green is not just some "camp body" or "camp fodder".  The things that some people say on here are hilarious.  Especially since they obviously NEVER seen him play or know the tremendous upside this young man has.

Again, I say....please go look at the tape.....and look in the NFL tape.....the production and springboard to potential Lions starter is no joke.  This was a very very good signing by Ballard.

I did

59 minutes ago, nyyankeechris said:

The kid appears to have some talent.  Let’s see what he can do here. Nyheim Hines better step it up.  

5 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

So I'm guessing you wont be purchasing any Tion jerseys anytime soon. Lol

Christine Michael has already been cut by the Seahawks (twice), Cowboys, Redskins and Packers. I don't think he'll be that difficult to cut again if Tion shows them something.  Here's a summary of his career before he got hurt and missed all of last season: https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/6/1/15612426/2017-nfl-free-agency-christine-michael-signs-colts-packers-seahawks

• Thanks 1