Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have signed Rookie LB Darius Leonard

TKnight24

18 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Easy to say now with hindsight. 

the vast majority of people on here (myself included) said the same thing in  the various "Leonard still unsigned" threads that have popped up since the draft.  

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

If I was the player and I agreed to a contract weeks ago I would have signed it immediately.   Too many crazy things can go wrong in a few weeks.  I can't think of any good reason to intentionally wait.  I would bank that guaranteed money asap.  JMO. 

And yet, it probably happens all the time. 

16 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's pretty ironic considering it used to be my day job. Also, it's a forum, I'll overreact anyway I want within reason. It should of never come down to the last minute. This isn't Leveon Bell or Aaron Donald, it's Darius Leonard. A 2nd round pick on a rookie contract. There's also history of Ballard not being able to seal the deal in FA, so my worries are/were warranted, especially when I created the thread asking if they were going to sign their contracts. People ran their mouths saying I was overreacting, and it came down to mere hours about a month later. These same people would of been scared to bet money on it 24 hours before the deadline, and I was consistent the whole way through that it wasn't a lock. Of course, people will now act like it's no big deal even though they would be bashing Ballard if the deal didn't get done.

Signing a contract is a two way street my friend. So as for Ballard sealing the deal? I’m ok with him

not doing whatever the player wants. But that’s just my viewpoint. 

19 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Easy to say now with hindsight. Had he not signed, you would of started bashing Ballard like many others on this forum. Best not to run your mouth wig. You had no idea just like me, and I'm the wrong person to try and bully, so don't even attempt it.

Has a second round pick ever held out?

20 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Has a second round pick ever held out?

Bob Sanders didn't sign till the preseason was almost over. But Bob Sanders doesn't hold out... it took that long for Polian to find a pen that wouldn't break under Sanders' superhuman strength.  (Sorry, I miss all those Bob Sanders jokes..)

• Like 1