Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need Fantasy Football advice for 2018? Ask here!

32 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Oh heck, I submitted...let's see what happens

Should be fine on your end. Like you said, he most likely will reject it.

People are just "risk averse" by nature. They feel that as soon as a player leaves their squad, he will magically do much better on someone else's squad. Like a good negotiation, a good trade is where neither side is completely happy. 

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Oh heck, I submitted...let's see what happens

Quick question for you or anyone???

My opponent has Randall Cobb. I have Davante Adams and George Kittle going tonight. I am up by 0.2 pts with 0.4 ppr

I got word that Cobb and Allison might be inactive thus making Marquez Valdes-Scantling starting opposite Davante Adams. Packers are doing so due to their upcoming bye week for getting more rest.

Would I be cut-throat for picking up Marquez Valdes-Scantling before my opponent thus leaving him with few options for tonight? However, I will have to drop George Kittle for doing so. Will it be worth it?

31 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Quick question for you or anyone???

My opponent has Randall Cobb. I have Davante Adams and George Kittle going tonight. I am up by 0.2 pts with 0.4 ppr

I got word that Cobb and Allison might be inactive thus making Marquez Valdes-Scantling starting opposite Davante Adams. Packers are doing so due to their upcoming bye week for getting more rest.

Would I be cut-throat for picking up Marquez Valdes-Scantling before my opponent thus leaving him with few options for tonight? However, I will have to drop George Kittle for doing so. Will it be worth it?

Nothings cut throat

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Should be fine on your end. Like you said, he most likely will reject it.

People are just "risk averse" by nature. They feel that as soon as a player leaves their squad, he will magically do much better on someone else's squad. Like a good negotiation, a good trade is where neither side is completely happy. 

Ya, he came back with green, breida, and bell for gordon.

@teganslaw @Luck 4 president

3 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Ya my only options are green breida bell, or

T. Boyd, golladay, breida, bell

But word has it, bell isn't showing up this week either, according to steelers source.

Green, Breida, and Bell is a tempting trade. You improve at WR and possibly strike gold with Bell. Breida is a solid RB2 based off his workload alone. Worst case scenario Bell comes back week 10 and splits carries with Connor and gets 12-15 touches a week. I don’t see the Steelers benching him while paying almost $1 million per week

1 hour ago, Luck 4 president said:

Green, Breida, and Bell is a tempting trade. You improve at WR and possibly strike gold with Bell. Breida is a solid RB2 based off his workload alone. Worst case scenario Bell comes back week 10 and splits carries with Connor and gets 12-15 touches a week. I don’t see the Steelers benching him while paying almost $1 million per week

I like the trade too.

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

I like the trade too.

Ya, I'm thinking of doing it (still agonizing over it) but Steelers just announced still no contact with Bell, so who knows whats up, so probably miss weeks 8 & 9 now instead of just 8. He couldn't give up Green and Galloday, but said could give up Boyd, Galloday, Breida, and Bell for Gordon.

I would drop C. Davis, B. Powell, and N. Hines to make room.

Roster now:

RB: Gordon, Mixon, Cook, Powell, Hines

WR: Diggs, Kupp, Landry, J. Brown, C. Davis

Roster after Trade 1:

RB: Mixon, Cook, Breida, Powell, Bell

WR: Green, Diggs, Kupp, Landry, Brown

Roster after Trade 2:

RB: Mixon, Cook, Breida, Bell

WR: Diggs, Kupp, Galloday, Boyd, Landry, Brown

Which looks better?

8 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I would go with roster 2. Boyd has been getting a lot of snaps since Eifert is out. I like Golloday, also. It seems to me that Green has too many health problems. 

That puts my starting lineup at Mixon, Cook(/Breida), until Bell (If ever) comes back and Boyd, Galloday, Diggs. 

Over my current line up of  Gordon, Mixon and Diggs, Brown and Landry(/Cook).

29 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

That puts my starting lineup at Mixon, Cook(/Breida), until Bell (If ever) comes back and Boyd, Galloday, Diggs. 

Over my current line up of  Gordon, Mixon and Diggs, Brown and Landry(/Cook).

At first instance, I was leaning towards Roster 2 as well. But then, with Roster 2, there is no margin or room for error with your RBs. You have to hope Cook is healthy and stays healthy, especially if Bell continues to be a no-show. 

After looking at the rosters, I like Roster 1 much better in terms of balance, schedule and depth. WRs always emerge, so you will be fine on the WR front even with the Kupp injury. 

35 minutes ago, chad72 said:

At first instance, I was leaning towards Roster 2 as well. But then, with Roster 2, there is no margin or room for error with your RBs. You have to hope Cook is healthy and stays healthy, especially if Bell continues to be a no-show. 

After looking at the rosters, I like Roster 1 much better in terms of balance, schedule and depth. WRs always emerge, so you will be fine on the WR front even with the Kupp injury. 

Powell/hines at this point is no better than nothing at all. With the abundance of receivers, I might could find trade partners. Only real likely targets would be D. Johnson, K. Hunt, P. Lindsay, & M. Ingram. With the only real chance being Lindsay.

Nothing on waivers but Mack.

16 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Powell/hines at this point is no better than nothing at all. With the abundance of receivers, I might could find trade partners. Only real likely targets would be D. Johnson, K. Hunt, P. Lindsay, & M. Ingram. With the only real chance being Lindsay.

Nothing on waivers but Mack.

Got it. Yes, go with Roster 2 and turn around and ship one or 2 WRs for an RB.

I need to drop 1 player, who do I drop in this 10-team standard league at work?

RBs: David Johnson, Carlos Hyde, James White, Philip Lindsay, Royce Freeman

WRs: Davante Adams, Tyler Boyd, Kenny Golladay, Calvin Ridley, Doug Baldwin, Marquise Goodwin

I am leaning towards the bolded. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

WRs: Davante Adams, Tyler Boyd, Kenny Golladay, Calvin Ridley, Doug Baldwin, Marquise Goodwin

To date, I'd have to agree with you.

It's tempting to drop a WR, only because they're a little easier to replace, but all things being equal......Freeman.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Freeman

Just now, chad72 said:

Do it. Get 'er done. :) 

Lol, I know at this point you're all just, "do something already" 

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Pick 3

M. Evans vs Cle (9th best defensive rank)

T. Boyd @KC (13th best)

J. Landry @TB (2nd best)

J. Brown vs NO (best matchup)

My first gut tells me to sit Landry mainly because Mayfield is banged up and that whole WR corps is banged up for the Browns that it might be easy to double team and take Landry out. Plus, Mike Smith is not DC of Bucs any more, and since you have options, you can feel out the new defense of the Bucs in the meanwhile. 

• Thanks 1

Landry has disappointed in the past couple games. However, I thought about starting him against TB, who hasn't done well against receivers. I forgot that TB has a new DC, so things might change in that sense. Evans and Boyd are definite "must starts" , so it's better to go with J Brown this week. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2018 at 9:12 AM, chad72 said:

In the above standard league, I need to start 5 from my RBs/WRs, I am leaning towards the following:

WRs: Davante Adams (bye), Tyler Boyd, Kenny Golladay, Calvin Ridley, Doug Baldwin (bye), Marquise Goodwin

Thoughts??

Quick question. Any advice would be very much appreciated. 

I've got a big game this week. I've done all the research I can, and I'm still torn.

Should I start Brady @ Chi? Or, Dalton @ KC? 

All of the numbers are a dead heat. Brady has got everything in order. But... the Bears D.

Dalton hasn't been lights out. But, KC has allowed a ton of points to bad Qbs.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

26 minutes ago, jseg18 said:

RB1 GURLEY.

I need help with my Rb2, and Flex.

Lindsay, Mack, or Crowell at Rb2. Im starting a WR john Brown in flex. Im tempted to start Marlon. Any advice would be great thanks.

Lindsay or Mack, but Lindsay has the way better matchup.

20 minutes ago, LucknessMonster12 said:

Quick question. Any advice would be very much appreciated. 

I've got a big game this week. I've done all the research I can, and I'm still torn.

Should I start Brady @ Chi? Or, Dalton @ KC? 

All of the numbers are a dead heat. Brady has got everything in order. But... the Bears D.

Dalton hasn't been lights out. But, KC has allowed a ton of points to bad Qbs.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Did you see what the bears let happen to them last week?

But both are good. You can't go wrong.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Did you see what the bears let happen to them last week?

But both are good. You can't go wrong.

Bears' run D is much better than KC's run D, as a sum of all games. Without Mack at 100%, Brady throws for more passing TDs than Dalton throws, I feel. Outside Fuller, Bears' secondary is very much beatable. Plus, I pointed this out before, teams coming off the bye week, you would think they would be better rested defensively and do better but it has been the opposite. Panthers let the "juggernaut" Giants put up 31 points, Redskins let the Saints put up 48 points, Bucs let the Falcons put up 34 points (they were bad as long as they had Mike Smith), and the Bears gave up 31 points. Then the Redskins and Panthers sorted things out defensively in a Redskins 23-17 win the next game.

So I expect the Bears to limit Brady a bit at home but the Patriots to limit Trubisky as well. But since Mack is not 100% and the fact that Joe Mixon will help exploit the KC run D that is far more swiss cheese than the Bears' run D, I'd go with Brady.  Dalton will throw for more yards and Brady will throw more passing TDs, that is what I expect.

Similarly, I expect the Lions' and Saints' D to give up plenty of points coming off their bye week. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

In the above standard league, I need to start 5 from my RBs/WRs, I am leaning towards the following:

RBs: David Johnson, Carlos Hyde, James White, Philip Lindsay, Kenyan Drake

WRs: Davante Adams (bye), Tyler Boyd, Kenny Golladay, Calvin Ridley, Doug Baldwin (bye)

Thoughts??

Any thoughts??? Only apprehension is playing 2 RBs on Thursday night.

Btw, since I was going to drop Royce Freeman, I traded him and Goodwin for Kenyan Drake and Dede Westbrook (who I will drop anyways since I am deep at wide out). Do I play Hyde over Lindsay?

11 hours ago, chad72 said:

Any thoughts??? Only apprehension is playing 2 RBs on Thursday night.

Btw, since I was going to drop Royce Freeman, I traded him and Goodwin for Kenyan Drake and Dede Westbrook (who I will drop anyways since I am deep at wide out). Do I play Hyde over Lindsay?

Johnson hurt, but Lindsay wasn't terrible. 

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Johnson hurt, but Lindsay wasn't terrible. 

Yeah, you wanted to gouge your eyes out watching the Cardinals' offense, was like watching the Rams offense under Jeff Fisher. Can you believe the same Goff and same Gurley have gone nuts under Sean McVay? Unreal what good coaching can do on any side of the ball. Thankfully, Lindsay kept me in my matchup.

Looking to get Julio Jones in a .5 ppr.

I initially offered A. Luck (his best is Stafford), J. Brown and jarvis landry.

Which initially sounds bad, until you see that his only receiver over 60pts is julio (he has 5 receivers).

He doesn't know how to trade, he countered with luck, mixon and J. Brown for Julio and lynch. (He also tried to get Gordon for oj howard...yea).

Looking to final offer with Luck, boyd, Landry.

He gets an 8pt gain in qb, 5pt loss between julio and boyd (though biyd has more 20pt games, and a 5pt gain with landry over any of his other WRs.

I've got big ben and can stream flacco so I'm not worried (plus I'm guaranteed to lose this week so no skin off my back).

But just making sure that's a pretty fair trade him. I could replace Landry with breida, but that only leaves me with mixon and mack this week with cook and bell on the bench.

5 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Looking to get Julio Jones in a .5 ppr.

I initially offered A. Luck (his best is Stafford), J. Brown and jarvis landry.

Which initially sounds bad, until you see that his only receiver over 60pts is julio (he has 5 receivers).

He doesn't know how to trade, he countered with luck, mixon and J. Brown for Julio and lynch. (He also tried to get Gordon for oj howard...yea).

Looking to final offer with Luck, boyd, Landry.

He gets an 8pt gain in qb, 5pt loss between julio and boyd (though biyd has more 20pt games, and a 5pt gain with landry over any of his other WRs.

I've got big ben and can stream flacco so I'm not worried (plus I'm guaranteed to lose this week so no skin off my back).

But just making sure that's a pretty fair trade him. I could replace Landry with breida, but that only leaves me with mixon and mack this week with cook and bell on the bench.

Looks good to me. It seems like he might want an RB, that is what my gut feeling says. 

So Luck, Boyd and Landry for Julio and Lynch, did I hear that right?

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Looks good to me. It seems like he might want an RB, that is what my gut feeling says. 

So Luck, Boyd and Landry for Julio and Lynch, did I hear that right?

I don't even want lynch. But it's luck, Boyd, and then landry/breida (either or)