Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need Fantasy Football advice for 2018? Ask here!

22 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@Narcosys

My current roster is:

QBs: Matthew Stafford, Dak Prescott

RBs: David Johnson, James White, Philip Lindsay, Kenyan Drake

WRs: Davante Adams, Tyler Boyd, Calvin Ridley, Kenny Golladay, Doug Baldwin

TE: Travis Kelce

K: Lutz

DEF: Stream (Bills - no Darnold playing)

Look good?

Looks real good. Dak and stafford are a toss up to me

2 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Looks real good. Dak and stafford are a toss up to me

Yeah, hoping for a Dak rebound in this game. I need him to rush with his legs for valuable points, which he did the previous 2 games before the bye week.

I am working on a trade that will send Drake and Baldwin for Mitch Trubisky and Robby Anderson (throwaway player in trade). What do you think?

11 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, hoping for a Dak rebound in this game. I need him to rush with his legs for valuable points, which he did the previous 2 games before the bye week.

I am working on a trade that will send Drake and Baldwin for Mitch Trubisky and Robby Anderson (throwaway player in trade). What do you think?

That's not terrible, but there goes your depth. No more byes?

4 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Since darnold is in a boot, I won't be getting herndon.

Vernon Davis or jack Doyle this week (if I can get him)?

@chad72 @Jared Cisneros

I'd go with Vernon Davis. I still don't think Reed will be 100% even if he does play, the Redskins have lots of injuries on offense, so he'll get more production, and the Jags LBers defend TE's pretty well. I think Doyle will likely have a dud day while Vernon Davis should get 10 fantasy points. Take the safe option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am 7-2 and tied for 1st with 1 other person in my 12 team Yahoo league. There are 2 people that are 6-3 as well. I squeaked one out last week 109-106 because Luck was on Bye. I had Alex Smith and he only gave me 16 points but I managed barely. M. Gordon and Hopkins along with T. Coleman have killed it for me this year. 

Congrats, is there a question in there? Lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Wife's team is in shambles; Pick 2 WR and a flex

John Ross vs Saints

Golden Tate vs Dallas

D. Amendola @ GB

J. Cook vs Chargers

G. Olsen @ Pit

I like Golden Tate and Greg Olsen. Not sure about the others; maybe someone can help with the third choice. 

On 11/7/2018 at 7:51 AM, Narcosys said:

I must have edited the previous post while you were replying.  Any thoughts on which TE to stream,  C. Herndon vs Buffalo or V. Davis @ TB?

I’d go with Davis. Darnold looks like he’s gonna miss Sunday which makes Herndon a more risky choice IMO. He could potentially have the better day, but McCown May come in and never even look his way. 

Thats a tough spot to be in.  

Looking to trade Landry and breida for OJ howard, think it's enough?

Rest of roster

WR: Evans, boyd, kupp, J. Brown, D. bryant

RB: Mixon, Cook, Mack, Bell

Or I could shoot for ertz and swap out landry for one of my top 3. With the news of Meredith going on IR and the saints near perfect WR matchups, bryant could be amazing.

7 hours ago, Narcosys said:

That's not terrible, but there goes your depth. No more byes?

That is correct - no more byes. Oh, I forgot to mention - I picked up Dalvin Cook and Jack Doyle (dropped Stafford) off waivers, the beauty of a 10 team league, everyone has insane depth that there is always someone good on waivers. So I think I should be OK especially since the flex can play WR/RB/TE. :) 

The other GM accepted the trade.

So, my roster now looks like this (starting line up in bold):

QB: Prescott, Trubisky (will see how Prescott rebounds and start him vs Atlanta next week as opposed to Trubisky who will be home vs Vikings)

WRs: Davante Adams, Tyler Boyd, Calvin Ridley, Marquez Valdes Scantling (dropped Golladay and picked up the better #2 instead, IMO, yeah I am bailing on the Lions)

RBs: David Johnson, James White, Philip Lindsay, Dalvin Cook

TEs: Kelce, Doyle (Kelce bye week match up is at home vs Dolphins for Doyle)

K: Lutz

DEF: Streaming (Bills this week)

Once I get Robby Anderson as part of Trubisky trade, I will be thinking of streaming Ds 2 weeks ahead of time so that I keep things ready for playoff time. :) 

3 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Wife's team is in shambles; Pick 2 WR and a flex

John Ross vs Saints

Golden Tate vs Dallas

D. Amendola @ GB

J. Cook vs Chargers

G. Olsen @ Pit

Just like the Cowboys featured Amari Cooper, the Eagles will feature Tate, you can bet on it. That is the line up I would go with. John Ross is still not consistent and the word is Josh Malone and John Ross might play the outside with Tyler Boyd still inside. I am thinking the only reliable ones could be Boyd and Mixon on the Bengals for this game plus Uzomah, if you have no other TE option.

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'd go with Vernon Davis. I still don't think Reed will be 100% even if he does play, the Redskins have lots of injuries on offense, so he'll get more production, and the Jags LBers defend TE's pretty well. I think Doyle will likely have a dud day while Vernon Davis should get 10 fantasy points. Take the safe option.

I agree.

50 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Looking to trade Landry and breida for OJ howard, think it's enough?

Rest of roster

WR: Evans, boyd, kupp, J. Brown, D. bryant

RB: Mixon, Cook, Mack, Bell

Or I could shoot for ertz and swap out landry for one of my top 3. With the news of Meredith going on IR and the saints near perfect WR matchups, bryant could be amazing.

It is more than enough. I would just do Breida, if I were you. The thing with Fitzpatrick is - as soon as you see a streak of 3 games, wait till the 4th game before wheels fall off, and that would be around FF playoff time.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It is more than enough. I would just do Breida, if I were you. The thing with Fitzpatrick is - as soon as you see a streak of 3 games, wait till the 4th game before wheels fall off, and that would be around FF playoff time.

Its either him or Cook imo. Can't get any of the others.  Maybe evans dugout kelce

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

With my top 3 WRs being evans, boyd, and kupp. I can afford top trade Landry or J. Brown. I'm trying any TE I can for now, so looking at B. Watson of the saints. However, people in this league don't even want to trade for more than fair deals.

Some people are flat out trade averse. They'd rather let someone rot on their bench than help someone else but then, why should they help someone else win too when it is all about them winning? :dunno:

Unless they NEED someone badly enough, they won't trade with you.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Some people are flat out trade averse. They'd rather let someone rot on their bench than help someone else but then, why should they help someone else win too when it is all about them winning? :dunno:

Unless they NEED someone badly enough, they won't trade with you.

The trades I offer help them too, so idk.

If I pick up V. Davis I gave to drop someone.

My options are Breida, Bell, or Bryant. 

My other RBs are Mixon, Mack and Cook. 

I think I should go ahead and drop Be as all signs are pointing to him not signing since he'll still get the 3rd year tag. But he is isn't Pittsburgh right now, so there's hope. Or I can try to trade him. 

Dang, bell is trolling everyone. "Time to pass the sticks"

Could mean he realizes its time to move on, or that he's coming back to take over. I'm going to have to drop breida, the potential for bell and bryant is too large. Ill pick breida back up if bell doesn't report.

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Dang, bell is trolling everyone. "Time to pass the sticks"

Could mean he realizes its time to move on, or that he's coming back to take over. I'm going to have to drop breida, the potential for bell and bryant is too large. Ill pick breida back up if bell doesn't report.

Nvm, with Mack hurt and questionable I have to keep breida, which means I drop J. Brown or D. Bryant. 

Probably Brown.

19 hours ago, Narcosys said:

If I pick up V. Davis I gave to drop someone.

My options are Breida, Bell, or Bryant. 

My other RBs are Mixon, Mack and Cook. 

I think I should go ahead and drop Be as all signs are pointing to him not signing since he'll still get the 3rd year tag. But he is isn't Pittsburgh right now, so there's hope. Or I can try to trade him. 

Yeah, you can drop LeVeon Bell and someone else can waste the roster spot on him. Even if he comes back, he will be in a heavy timeshare. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, you can drop LeVeon Bell and someone else can waste the roster spot on him. Even if he comes back, he will be in a heavy timeshare. 

I’d reign those ponies in until Conner is out of concussion protocol. If he’s out I don’t see Jaylen Samuels getting much more than 20% of the snaps. 

Bell has a unique opportunity if Connor is going to miss a week, and I think Bell will try to capitalize on it. 

48 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Anyone gonna take a risk and start John Ross this weekend? Green out, that Saints defense can’t stop much through the air... I’ve got a league I’m favored in by almost 30 and I’m thinking about taking the chance. Definitely not a bad gamble pickup while Green is out. 

If you can take the risk, then go for it. Keep in mind that Andy Dalton averages barely over 1 TD per game in the 11 games he has had to play without A.J.Green. 

I have a league where Marquez Valdes Scantling was dropped. It is a 14 team league and it is slim pickings typically but more so on the RB front. I have Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, George Kittle (only 1 flex WR/RB/TE), O.J.Howard, David Moore of Seahawks and Adam Humphries that I just picked up. Do I need MVS? Thoughts??

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

If you can take the risk, then go for it. Keep in mind that Andy Dalton averages barely over 1 TD per game in the 11 games he has had to play without A.J.Green. 

I have a league where Marquez Valdes Scantling was dropped. It is a 14 team league and it is slim pickings typically but more so on the RB front. I have Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, George Kittle (only 1 flex WR/RB/TE), O.J.Howard, David Moore of Seahawks and Adam Humphries that I just picked up. Do I need MVS? Thoughts??

I like Valdes-Scantling; he's done well for me in fantasy lineups. Would you have to drop someone else in order to pick him up? If possible, I would get him. 

29 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I like Valdes-Scantling; he's done well for me in fantasy lineups. Would you have to drop someone else in order to pick him up? If possible, I would get him. 

I will have to.

My other folks in my line up are Kamara, Jordan Howard, T.J. Yeldon and Derrick Henry, very low RB depth on my end, cannot afford to drop any in this PPR league and I feel Yeldon will hold his PPR value like before. I swear, Yeldon has to be so underrated, he has done nothing but given me a high floor and I think he will still be involved even if Fournette is 100%. 

Which of the above pass catchers do I drop to get him? It is between O.J. Howard, Humphries and David Moore, IMO. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I will have to.

My other folks in my line up are Kamara, Jordan Howard, T.J. Yeldon and Derrick Henry, very low RB depth on my end, cannot afford to drop any in this PPR league and I feel Yeldon will hold his PPR value like before. I swear, Yeldon has to be so underrated, he has done nothing but given me a high floor and I think he will still be involved even if Fournette is 100%. 

Which of the above pass catchers do I drop to get him? It is between O.J. Howard, Humphries and David Moore, IMO. 

I still think I’d drop Henry, simply for the fact that he won’t help the other teams in your league the way the other guys you listed will. 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 4:20 PM, John Waylon said:

I still think I’d drop Henry, simply for the fact that he won’t help the other teams in your league the way the other guys you listed will. 

I am glad I did not drop Henry and pick up MVS though someone else picked him up. My league gives only 0.5 PPR, and the commish caps yard based points, which does not make sense. He gives 0.08 per yard for rushing instead of the standard 0.1, and 0.06 per yard for receiving, just because he can. Yards are more hard earned than TDs. But the consequence of the above points system is Henry scores a TD, which an RB has to rush for 75 yards or WR has to receive 100 yards to get the same 6 points. He also caps the passing TD points to 3 points but left the WR/RB TDs at 6 points. No consistency there.

So, bottom line, I am keeping Henry. 

24 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I am glad I did not drop Henry and pick up MVS though someone else picked him up. My league gives only 0.5 PPR, and the commish caps yard based points, which does not make sense. He gives 0.08 per yard for rushing instead of the standard 0.1, and 0.06 per yard for receiving, just because he can. Yards are more hard earned than TDs. But the consequence of the above points system is Henry scores a TD, which an RB has to rush for 75 yards or WR has to receive 100 yards to get the same 6 points. He also caps the passing TD points to 3 points but left the WR/RB TDs at 6 points. No consistency there.

So, bottom line, I am keeping Henry. 

I’d tell him to stick his stupid points system where the WRs don’t score points. 

Henry checked in with his best game of the year today, but it’s been the exception, and not the rule. He scored as many TD’s today as he has all season. You can’t reliably start him. His carries per game have dropped, and he’s inefficient even when he’s in there. With all the byes out of the way guys like Henry are roster fat. If you (or anyone else for that matter,) are starting him you’re season is probably too far gone to be saved. 

Absolutely your league is sorely tilted at RBs, but even still, Henry with 4 TDs (two of which today) and only 1 game with over 60 yards from scrimmage is a real gamble to start in any given week. 

There’s just too much risk of him %ting the bed each week to justify starting. 

That is a crazy point system. I'll stick to daily fantasy where I play different lineups each week according to the match up. I almost won in a tournament, only needed 8 more points.  One thing that hurt me was my defense: I had the Jets, who gave me minus three points. :( Not doing very well with defenses lately. 

3 hours ago, teganslaw said:

That is a crazy point system. I'll stick to daily fantasy where I play different lineups each week according to the match up. I almost won in a tournament, only needed 8 more points.  One thing that hurt me was my defense: I had the Jets, who gave me minus three points. :( Not doing very well with defenses lately. 

I picked up the Bills' D as soon as I saw Matt Barkley was playing and not Nathan Peterman, plus Sam Darnold was not playing, it was a 10 team league with lots of options. I am in a 10 team, 12 team and 14 team league right now. Both Bills and Jets have their bye weeks in week 11, so they were not going to chance anything with the injuries to their rookie QBs, good week to play Bills, gave me valuable points in my 10 team league.

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

I thought that Peterman was going to play; didn't know about Barkley until it was too late  to make a change. If I had known ahead, I would have gotten another defense. Usually I catch these things ahead of time, but not this time. 

Get the Fantasy Life app, it was started by Matthew Berry of ESPN. @Narcosys recommended it to me. It is spot on with notifications regarding injuries, pre-game, in-game, and line up decisions (who will start, who is ruled out etc.) by compiling it from several sources (Schefter, Rappoport etc.) and providing it to you before any other site does. You can also exchange Start/Sit questions with other FF users beyond the ones on this forum. 

It has helped me make waiver moves, like that for Carlos Hyde traded thus promoting Nick Chubb to starter etc. during the middle of a week, several minutes before the news hits mainstream websites. 

• Like 2