Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need Fantasy Football advice for 2018? Ask here!

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Alright, I finally dropped Derrick Henry in this 0.5 PPR league for Ty Montgomery in a 14 team league, whose curve I think is up with his upcoming schedule and the way he is starting to be involved with the Ravens' offense plus their schedule. I do have Kamara, Yeldon and Jordan Howard as my other 3 RBs out of which I am playing Kamara and Yeldon.

Somebody just dropped Chris Thompson of Redskins, should I pick him up instead?? There is a risk he may not be healthy but when healthy, he can be dynamic, especially for a 0.5 PPR league. 

In another 10 team league, my WRs are Davante Adams, Tyler Boyd, Calvin Ridley and Adam Humphries. Pick 2. I am leaning towards the bolded.

@Narcosys @Jared Cisneros

In a PPR league, I would definitely drop Ty Montgomery for Chris Thompson. Gus Edwards has taken over the role of RB in BALT, and Lamar Jackson also runs it a lot to where there's not much left for anyone. Montgomery is essentially useless for them. 

I would definitely start Davante Adams Vs Ari, and I would start Boyd IF Green is out. Otherwise, start Humphries Vs Carolina, as they have a bad pass defense and Humphries is red hot right now. Ridley is a horrible option Vs BALT.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I'd still go Evans because Winston looks for him still, purely based on target share.

Defense, I would have to think the Rams because the way the Lions' roster is right now, they cannot play from behind though they will try, and they will, in this game. Raiders, they don't have the personnel, so they will be glad to just keep punting than turn it over with resignation, IMO. It could be like 31-10 vs Raiders while it could be 38-20 vs Lions with a defensive TD, IMO. 

Concerned about boyd with dreskel. Should I replace boyd or flex Humphries? He's got a connection with Winston and burnt Carolina last time.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Alright, I finally dropped Derrick Henry in this 0.5 PPR league for Ty Montgomery in a 14 team league, whose curve I think is up with his upcoming schedule and the way he is starting to be involved with the Ravens' offense plus their schedule. I do have Kamara, Yeldon and Jordan Howard as my other 3 RBs out of which I am playing Kamara and Yeldon. Somebody just dropped Chris Thompson of Redskins, should I pick him up instead?? There is a risk he may not be healthy but when healthy, he can be dynamic, especially for a 0.5 PPR league. 

In another 10 team league, my WRs are Davante Adams, Tyler Boyd, Calvin Ridley and Adam Humphries. Pick 2. I am leaning towards the bolded.

Thoughts??

I've got boyd too, as you saw, and green has announced he is definitely playing. So that means Boyd should get some better looks and idk if they want driskel to push the downfield much. Don't like the ridley matchup so its boyd or Humphries. Humphries could be explosive or drop a dud. He killed the panthers last time but it was garbage time and Fitzpatrick. 

I'm almost willing to play humpries this game over boyd or breida. Its close.

26 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I've got boyd too, as you saw, and green has announced he is definitely playing. So that means Boyd should get some better looks and idk if they want driskel to push the downfield much. Don't like the ridley matchup so its boyd or Humphries. Humphries could be explosive or drop a dud. He killed the panthers last time but it was garbage time and Fitzpatrick. 

I'm almost willing to play humpries this game over boyd or breida. Its close.

^^^This

Boyd thrives underneath more than Green. They were bent on Antonio Brown not beating them, hence JuJu went off against the Broncos. Also, Boyd's TD last week came when Driskel was playing, after Dalton went out with an injury. I am thus leaning towards Boyd.

Seahawks have a fantastic run game, hence Panthers played man coverage vs all Seahawks WRs Lockette, Baldwin and Moore. However, they won't respect the Bucs' run game nearly as much and will bracket Evans with a safety, and rotate the safety between him and DJax, I feel. So Humphries will get plenty of looks in the middle where he thrives. The TDs, not sure he will get 2 TDs again, so I think it is a push between Boyd and Humphries, to be honest.

But in the league where I am playing Davante Adams and Boyd, I have David Johnson, Lindsay and Josh Adams as RBs, so I won't have a need to play 3 WRs, especially with Dalvin Cook and James White on the bench in that 10 team league. So, I think the difference between Boyd and Humphries will be minimal enough that I can play Boyd.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chad72 said:

^^^This

Boyd thrives underneath more than Green. They were bent on Antonio Brown not beating them, hence JuJu went off against the Broncos. Also, Boyd's TD last week came when Driskel was playing, after Dalton went out with an injury. I am thus leaning towards Boyd.

Seahawks have a fantastic run game, hence Panthers played man coverage vs all Seahawks WRs Lockette, Baldwin and Moore. However, they won't respect the Bucs' run game nearly as much and will bracket Evans with a safety, and rotate the safety between him and DJax, I feel. So Humphries will get plenty of looks in the middle where he thrives. The TDs, not sure he will get 2 TDs again, so I think it is a push between Boyd and Humphries, to be honest.

But in the league where I am playing Davante Adams and Boyd, I have David Johnson, Lindsay and Josh Adams as RBs, so I won't have a need to play 3 WRs, especially with Dalvin Cook and James White on the bench in that 10 team league. So, I think the difference between Boyd and Humphries will be minimal enough that I can play Boyd.

Ya after green announced, I'm playing boyd but do I use Humphries for my flex over breida and take the risk for the higher ceiling?

• Like 1

Just now, Narcosys said:

Ya after green announced, I'm playing boyd but do I use Humphries for my flex over breida and take the risk for the higher ceiling?

Yeah, this is a make or break game for Nick Mullen who is on the road. If he plays average, that shoots all 49ers' FF values, including George Kittle that I have, IMO. In a 14 team 0.5 PPR league, it is projecting Kittle to have more points than Humphries but I am playing Humphries still since I am torn on Mullen's abilities on the road in Seattle.

If they go back to Beathard, Kittle becomes an excellent option again.

6 hours ago, Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers said:

I am in a position to limp into the playoffs, what is the better move for my flex position in a non-ppr, Tevin Coleman or Peyton Barber?  My struggle is that Coleman seems to put up a consistent 8 per week whereas Barber has had a few splash weeks.

I think I have to go with Coleman this week.  If not purely because of his consistent production, but also because I think their game will be closer than the Bucs/Panthers game which is going to leave Barber as an afterthought in that game.

5 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Honestly have two TE's starting this week.

I have Brate and Kittle as my TE/Flex respectively. However, is Jalen Richard a better flex option over those two, and if so who should be my TE?

Kittle hands down because of his target share. Brate has to fight for targets again amongst Mike Evans, DJax, Humphries and Godwin to get his share. If Brate does not get a TD, his yards will be in the 20-40 range. Kittle, however, will have 50-70 yards typically and has a greater floor and ceiling than Brate.

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

Kittle hands down because of his target share. Brate has to fight for targets again amongst Mike Evans, DJax, Humphries and Godwin to get his share. If Brate does not get a TD, his yards will be in the 20-40 range. Kittle, however, will have 50-70 yards typically and has a greater floor and ceiling than Brate.

So you're saying Richard over brate as flex.

16 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Looking ahead at wk 15, which D might get more points

Chi vs GB

KC vs Lac

Mia @Min

Buf vs Det

LAR vs Phi

I like Chicago defense.  It's difficult to determine who will get the most points, though, as the playoff picture will be more complete and some teams might rest their starters. 

Also, can't always go by the "experts" as the Cowboys defense was listed as "sit" instead of "start" in fantasy against NO. Then look what happened. 

On 11/28/2018 at 11:04 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

In a PPR league, I would definitely drop Ty Montgomery for Chris Thompson. Gus Edwards has taken over the role of RB in BALT, and Lamar Jackson also runs it a lot to where there's not much left for anyone. Montgomery is essentially useless for them. 

I would definitely start Davante Adams Vs Ari, and I would start Boyd IF Green is out. Otherwise, start Humphries Vs Carolina, as they have a bad pass defense and Humphries is red hot right now. Ridley is a horrible option Vs BALT.

I dropped Ty Montgomery and picked up Chris Thompson. I hope I did right because Ty was picked up by someone else right away. I also dropped Derrick Henry and picked up Justin Jackson of the Chargers. I think the upside is worth taking a flier on. I am in the playoffs and have Kamara, Howard, Chris Thompson, Yeldon and Justin Jackson now. Wish me luck!!!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Looking ahead at wk 15, which D might get more points

Chi vs GB

KC vs Lac

Mia @Min

Buf vs Det

LAR vs Phi

The bolded two would be my choices.

The Bills play real well at home defensively and it will be cold outside for a dome team to be playing on the road with scores being low.

However, the safe floor is with the Bears because Rodgers takes a lot of sacks, even if he does not give up too many INTs. 5 sacks and 1 pick with limiting Rodgers to 17 points will give you enough points, if you ask me. Add 1 RB fumble recovery and you will have a good day.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Holy crap thank you, I didn't even think of that. He was available and I got him immediately (FAAB)

You are at minimum getting RB2, bordering RB1 with the way the Chiefs use their RBs, if you have Ware and Hunt does get suspended. I am a bit shocked the NFL didn't do their due diligence. Apparently, the dude who took a cell phone video, they went after him to destroy his phone but this was eventually leaked. All I can say is Wow!!! I did not see this coming.

7 hours ago, chad72 said:

You are at minimum getting RB2, bordering RB1 with the way the Chiefs use their RBs, if you have Ware and Hunt does get suspended. I am a bit shocked the NFL didn't do their due diligence. Apparently, the dude who took a cell phone video, they went after him to destroy his phone but this was eventually leaked. All I can say is Wow!!! I did not see this coming.

Ware is an immediate must start, but over who? Mixon vs Den, Cook @NE, or Breida @Sea?

20 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Ware is an immediate must start, but over who? Mixon vs Den, Cook @NE, or Breida @Sea?

I'd sit Mixon or Cook down. The reason being that NE gives more to RBs between the tackles and the Vikings' strength is not running between the tackles and when they do it well, it is generally Latavius Murray.  Broncos - outside the 2 bad games vs the Jets and Rams where they gave up 200 plus yards on the ground, have been top 5 in the rest of the 9 games in terms of run D and they will shut Mixon down, I am certain, read this:

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/11/30/18119134/horse-tracks-the-denver-broncos-will-bottle-up-joe-mixon-just-like-they-have-so-many-other-rbs

If I had to choose, I'd choose to sit Cook mainly because Mixon has fewer poaches around the goal line because he is used more between the tackles than Cook is.

2 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

DJ Moore vs Tampa, Sutton vs Cinci, or A.J. Green (minus Andy Dalton) vs Denver?

D.J.Moore

• Like 2

7 hours ago, chad72 said:

I'd sit Mixon or Cook down. The reason being that NE gives more to RBs between the tackles and the Vikings' strength is not running between the tackles and when they do it well, it is generally Latavius Murray.  Broncos - outside the 2 bad games vs the Jets and Rams where they gave up 200 plus yards on the ground, have been top 5 in the rest of the 9 games in terms of run D and they will shut Mixon down, I am certain, read this:

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/11/30/18119134/horse-tracks-the-denver-broncos-will-bottle-up-joe-mixon-just-like-they-have-so-many-other-rbs

If I had to choose, I'd choose to sit Cook mainly because Mixon has fewer poaches around the goal line because he is used more between the tackles than Cook is.

D.J.Moore

In terms of fantasy PA, NE is the stingiest when it comes to RBs. Benching cook.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Narcosys said:

With greg olsen out, ian thomas is an interesting option. Would thomas @Cle be a better option than Brate vs NO? 

It is a risk but if you feel you can attack the TE friendly match up the Browns bring to the table, I'd go with it.

Here is my line up of skill position players in a 14 team 0.5 PPR league (pick 5):

RBs: Alvin Kamara, Spencer Ware, Justin Jackson, Jordan Howard

WRs: Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Adam Humphries

TE: Kittle

1 FLEX postion, no mandatory TE, FLEX can be RB/WR/TE

I will swap Justin Jackson out for Spencer Ware if Melvin Gordon plays miraculously. Thoughts???

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It is a risk but if you feel you can attack the TE friendly match up the Browns bring to the table, I'd go with it.

Here is my line up of skill position players in a 14 team 0.5 PPR league (pick 5):

RBs: Alvin Kamara, Spencer Ware, Justin Jackson, Jordan Howard

WRs: Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Adam Humphries

TE: Kittle

1 FLEX postion, no mandatory TE, FLEX can be RB/WR/TE

I will swap Justin Jackson out for Spencer Ware if Melvin Gordon plays miraculously. Thoughts???

Probably a smart start there with Jackson.

NO is, Fantasy PA concerned, the best defense against TE's. Do you think Brate will still get TD's, or is Thomas more likely to get the TD?

I'll just give the full rundown of my team for this week.

QB: Luck @HOU

RB: Mixon @LAC, Cook @Sea, Ware vs Bal (FLEX),  M. Breida vs Den, J. Jackson vs Cin***

WR: M. Evans vs NO, A. Humphries vs NO, T. Boyd @LAC, M. Williams vs Cin, D. Pettis vs Den***

TE: C. Brate vs NO

D/ST: Bills vs NYJ, Rams @Chi, Chiefs vs Bal

***I'm dropping Mack to pick up either D. Pettis vs Den, or C. Sutton @SF.  I am also dropping Miami D to pick up J. Jackson vs Bengals (who I dropped to get Ware lol).

Assuming I get Pettis and Jackson, what would you say about the lineup?  Start Jackson in Flex, or Pettis? I know it seems dumb to play two WR from the same team, but Boyd might get shut down again like he did against NO when Green was out, so he seems more risky than playing Evans and Humphries.

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Probably a smart start there with Jackson.

NO is, Fantasy PA concerned, the best defense against TE's. Do you think Brate will still get TD's, or is Thomas more likely to get the TD?

Ian Thomas vs Browns is more likely, IMO.

NO on the road vs a decent offensive unit (Cowboys, to the contrary, are just middle of the road w.r.t passing offense to me): 

vs Vikings - both Thielen and Diggs got double digit points

vs Falcons - both Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley got double digit points

vs Bucs - Evans and Godwin I expect to get double digit points for certain possibly each with a TD

The trend seems to be outside wide outs - that is why I am bit concerned playing Humphries over Kittle, and the fact that Mullens looks inside to Pettis and Kittle more than outside and Broncos just lost Chris Harris for the season.  What do you think? Humphries or Kittle?

41 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

@chad72

Check out jaylen samuels if conner can't go.

No chance with being 12th out of 14 in waiver priority. I have to get it right with something I can definitely hit on. Both the Conner owner and other owners have higher priority than me, that is what sucks.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

What do you think? Humphries or Kittle?

Humphries over kittle? You mean pettis?

So just run pettis over humphries? Humphries is where winston looks for TDs, 5 in the past 5 games, but he is TD dependent. 

Hoping to get samuels and jackson and could play both over mixon and cook, and then flex one of them, pettis, or Boyd. 

Guess I'll know more tomorrow morning when they process. See you then lol

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

I'll just give the full rundown of my team for this week.

QB: Luck @HOU

RB: Mixon @LAC, Cook @Sea, Ware vs Bal (FLEX),  M. Breida vs Den, J. Jackson vs Cin***

WR: M. Evans vs NO, A. Humphries vs NO, T. Boyd @LAC, M. Williams vs Cin, D. Pettis vs Den***

TE: C. Brate vs NO

D/ST: Bills vs NYJ, Rams @Chi, Chiefs vs Bal

***I'm dropping Mack to pick up either D. Pettis vs Den, or C. Sutton @SF.  I am also dropping Miami D to pick up J. Jackson vs Bengals (who I dropped to get Ware lol).

Assuming I get Pettis and Jackson, what would you say about the lineup?  Start Jackson in Flex, or Pettis? I know it seems dumb to play two WR from the same team, but Boyd might get shut down again like he did against NO when Green was out, so he seems more risky than playing Evans and Humphries.

I'd play Pettis vs Denver since Chris Harris is lost for the season. Everyone else is average. Roby is average, IMO. It puts me in a pickle because I picked the Broncos' D for the playoffs, now that Chris Harris is gone, I am afraid their secondary's mojo is gone and they will start giving up more points.

If he is available, get Jeff Wilson Jr. of 49ers, a starting RB is definitely worth flexing, IMO, since I heard Breida is not playing.

1 minute ago, Narcosys said:

Humphries over kittle? You mean pettis?

So just run pettis over humphries? Humphries is where winston looks for TDs, 5 in the past 5 games, but he is TD dependent. 

Hoping to get samuels and jackson and could play both over mixon and cook, and then flex one of them, pettis, or Boyd. 

Guess I'll know more tomorrow morning when they process. See you then lol

No Humphries over Kittle is what I meant!!!

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I'd play Pettis vs Denver since Chris Harris is lost for the season. Everyone else is average. Roby is average, IMO. It puts me in a pickle because I picked the Broncos' D for the playoffs, now that Chris Harris is gone, I am afraid their secondary's mojo is gone and they will start giving up more points.

If he is available, get Jeff Wilson Jr. of 49ers, a starting RB is definitely worth flexing, IMO, since I heard Breida is not playing.

No Humphries over Kittle is what I meant!!!

I don't have kittle in this league

Didn't swing pettis or Samuel, so as it stands

QB: Luck @Hou

RB: Mixon @LAC (Flex), Cook @Sea, J. Jackson vs Cin,  M. Breida vs Den, S. Ware vs Bal, M. Mack @Hou

WR: M. Evans vs NO, A. Humphries vs NO, T. Boyd @LAC, M. Williams vs Cin, C. Sutton @SF 

TE: C. Brate vs NO (Available: M. Andrews @Bal, D. Arnold @TB)

D/ST: Bills vs NYJ, Rams @Chi, Chiefs vs Bal

6 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Didn't swing pettis or Samuel, so as it stands

QB: Luck @Hou

RB: Mixon @LAC (Flex), Cook @Sea, J. Jackson vs Cin,  M. Breida vs Den, S. Ware vs Bal, M. Mack @Hou

WR: M. Evans vs NO, A. Humphries vs NO, T. Boyd @LAC, M. Williams vs Cin, C. Sutton @SF 

TE: C. Brate vs NO (Available: M. Andrews @Bal, D. Arnold @TB)

D/ST: Bills vs NYJ, Rams @Chi, Chiefs vs Bal

@Chad72

E. Sanders is injured and probably out. Is Sutton now a play over anyone?