Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Might be time to give Sabonis a minute or two of rest..

...before he sets a record for missed Free throws...

How many players will we use in the playoffs.....8?

We may have to go 9 or 10, depending on the matchups. We have a deep team so I am not sure. A lot of teams only use 8 or 9 in the Playoffs.

126-111.......great win..we were down 18......

Sabonis had 17 points, 13 rebounds an four assists

Collison 10 points...12 assists

Matthews 24...Bogdonavic...20

No Vic..No Myles......we are 39-20....and still the No, 3 seed

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

Matthews the newcomer, WOW!  Guy has poise his post game interview was awesome also.  He has some leadership qualities.  

We are lucky to have him.....We gave up nothing and got a veteran starter for the rest of the year

• Like 2

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

126-111.......great win..we were down 18......

Sabonis had 17 points, 13 rebounds an four assists

Collison 10 points...12 assists

Matthews 24...Bogdonavic...20

No Vic..No Myles......we are 39-20....and still the No, 3 seed

We are lucky to have him.....We gave up nothing and got a veteran starter for the rest of the year

Yep, we gave up cap room, that's it!

7 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'd be lying if I didnt get mad everytime I hear about PG like seriously dude where the hell was this play when you were here.

I feel the same way.  I think he's hit 4 game winning shots this year, but he was like 0/12 in Indy.  It is what it is, I suppose.

Huge props to the Pacers for continuing to fight and play tough every game after Oladipo went down with the injury.  Lots of people expected them to just roll over, but they're continuing to fight and play hard.  I still don't expect a deep playoff run, but their effort must be commended.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I feel the same way.  I think he's hit 4 game winning shots this year, but he was like 0/12 in Indy.  It is what it is, I suppose.

Huge props to the Pacers for continuing to fight and play tough every game after Oladipo went down with the injury.  Lots of people expected them to just roll over, but they're continuing to fight and play hard.  I still don't expect a deep playoff run, but their effort must be commended.

I dont expect much of q playoff run either but I knew they wouldnt roll over and die we never do we always fight 

16 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

119-112 final....23 turnovers....they rallied but we held on

7 players in double figures,,,,we wont lose many games where McDermott hits four 3s

No Myles but O'Quinn gets 8 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists

Season-best 20 games over .500.

Its hard to believe.

40-20 now on the season, Mathews had 14 points. We play as a team. We have won games without Vic and Turner both this season, amazing really. Could we be like last years Boston?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

40-20 now on the season, Mathews had 14 points. We play as a team. We have won games without Vic and Turner both this season, amazing really. Could we be like last years Boston?

Our next 5 are Detroit, Dallas, Minnesota, Orlando and the Bulls....

The Dallas game is away but Luca is not playing right now (I dont know what happened to him over the break)

Is 45-20 possible before we play Milwaukee and Philadelphia?

Has any team with no all-stars (actually playing in the game) won 50 games?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Our next 5 are Detroit, Dallas, Minnesota, Orlando and the Bulls....

The Dallas game is away but Luca is not playing right now (I dont know what happened to him over the break)

Is 45-20 possible before we play Milwaukee and Philadelphia?

Has any team with no all-stars (actually playing in the game) won 50 games?

Getting that 3rd seed would be huge, that changes a lot and will allow us to face a weak opponent in Round 1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Getting that 3rd seed would be huge, that changes a lot and will allow us to face a weak opponent in Round 1.

Absolutely. I know its obvious but facing the Nets also means (as things stand now) the Celtics face Philadelphia in the opening round.

For us to win the East...it would help if we could avoid one of the national media's 'only' four possible contenders (Boston, Toronto, Milwaukee or Philadelphia).:bossy:

• Like 1

Just now, oldunclemark said:

No doubt.

The Sabonis-Turner tag team works because they do different things well.

We cant ask Sabonis (or O'Quinn) to shoot 3s and block shots

We have Big's that can hang with any team in the league in Turner, Sabonis, and Young. Bogey is one of the best 3 point shooters in the league and although not an all-star, he is solid good at the SF spot. Filling the void for Vic in the playoffs is the huge question. Signing Wes Mathews was a great pickup. We will be tough to beat if he and Evans are both on in the same game.

The more I see of Darren Collison, the more I want to resign him for next season.

I know its a risk to give a 2-year deal to a 32-year old guard but I'd keep DC and let Evans go. Holiday can get 20 minutes a night on the second team.

.....and this team wont be the same without Thad Young. I know Another 30-something guy.

But a 2-year deal isnt a lot for him and TJ isnt going to take his place anytime soon.

We could try to start Myles and Sabonis together but why?

In the last two seasons, we are (48-34 & 40-20) 88-54 alternating them and average 27 points and 18 rebounds combined)

I'm uncertain on Cory Joseph. Does he want to stay? And does he want to stay for less than $10,000,000?  Because Edmund Sumner can, at least, play defense for a lot less.

Not resigning Evans, O'Quinn and Joseph is $20,000,000 for someone else

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We have Big's that can hang with any team in the league in Turner, Sabonis, and Young. Bogey is one of the best 3 point shooters in the league and although not an all-star, he is solid good at the SF spot. Filling the void for Vic in the playoffs is the huge question. Signing Wes Mathews was a great pickup. We will be tough to beat if he and Evans are both on in the same game.

Evans is a concern.

When he takes the shot of 'happy juice' in his knee (like he did over the break) , he suddenly is quicker and better.

But how often can he go to the 'fountain of youth'? .

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The more I see of Darren Collison, the more I want to resign him for next season.

I know its a risk to give a 2-year deal to a 32-year old guard but I'd keep DC and let Evans go. Holiday can get 20 minutes a night on the second team.

.....and this team wont be the same without Thad Young. I know Another 30-something guy.

But a 2-year deal isnt a lot for him and TJ isnt going to take his place anytime soon.

We could try to start Myles and Sabonis together but why?

In the last two seasons, we are (48-34 & 40-20) 88-54 alternating them and average 27 points and 20 rebounds combined)

I'm uncertain on Cory Joseph. Does he want to stay? And does he want to stay for less than $10,000,000?  Because Edmund Sumner can, at least, play defense for a lot less.

Not resigning Evans, O'Quinn and Joseph is $20,000,000 for someone else

I would hate to lose Thad Young, he is not only good, he is a leader.

• Like 1

I wonder if Wesley Matthews and our management have discussed him being the '2' guard on the second team next season.

I think Holiday and Matthews would be a good duo with McDermott, Sabonis and a player to be named later.

We may see a better Wesley Matthews in the post-season when there are no back-to-back games

• Like 1

I wonder if Wesley Matthews and our management have discussed him being the '2' guard on the second team next season.

I think Holiday and Matthews would be a good duo with McDermott, Sabonis and a player to be named later.

We may see a better Wesley Matthews in the post-season when there are no back-to-back games

Because Vic is out, Mathews will be a huge key to our success come playoff time.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will say this, it is refreshing watching a team like we have. Pacers play team ball and are a bunch of great guys that doesn't get in trouble with the law. They are also just a good solid team. 

We really play a style of ball that has disappeared from the NBA..

We dont run plays to set up 3s..we back low post guys like Sabonis and Young in for high percentage shots.

Collison shoots mid-range jumpers. He and Evans penetrate to set up layups and dunks.

They can jack up 3s but they dont do it like Houston and Golden State do

..and our guards, at our best, contest the dribble and the shot..

We dont switch everything defensively.  We double-team andn jump the screens

Its not necessarily a better style. Its just different...more traditional

• Like 1

We dont run plays to set up 3s..we back low post guys like Sabonis and Young in for high percentage shots.

Collison shoots mid-range jumpers. He and Evans penetrate to set up layups and dunks.

We almost play like a 1970's team, like the Blazers had with Walton for example under Jack Ramsey. 

Do you know Wes Mathews chose us over OKC and Houston. He said it was because of the chemistry we had here and the team ball we play.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will say this, it is refreshing watching a team like we have. Pacers play team ball and are a bunch of great guys that doesn't get in trouble with the law. T

That's a point I hadn't considered.

When was the last time a Pacer got busted in a prostitution scandal?

Or made an offensive post on social media?

Did I say that?  :goodluck:

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Because Vic is out, Mathews will be a huge key to our success come playoff time.

..He has practiced little with us......He just needs time.

His comments suggest he fits right in on this team

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We almost play like a 1970's team, like the Blazers had with Walton for example under Jack Ramsey. 

Do you know Wes Mathews chose us over OKC and Houston. He said it was because of the chemistry we had here and the team ball we play.

What? You mean to say that Houston doesn't play 'team ball"??

Isnt the definition of 'team ball'  4 guys watching one guy go against the other entire team?.

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Old school basketball is an Indiana tradition and the Pacers are very good at it.

• Like 2