Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Oh I think that Davis, James, Curry, Harden and Durant could play with those you mention and would win just as many heads up games.

I would pay to watch that :thmup:

Just now, oldunclemark said:

106-97......no more  6-game win streak

..the good news?...We're 38-20 and everybody on our roster gets a week off

Yeah I thought we played pretty well too, just got cold late. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I thought we played pretty well too, just got cold late. 

37 of 98, 42% shooting..

They had 38 field goals. Yannis scored 12 and assisted on 11 others

I think we match up better with them than we do with Toronto..

WE just didn't shoot well tonight

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

So if James played in those players you mentioned eras he would have been even more dominant than they were. The talent level across the board in todays NBA blows those eras away.

You didn't even mention Larry Bird and that puzzles me when you talk of all time greats.

The athleticism is better across the board, but the talent? I don't believe so. The development of players now is just different than what it was 30 years ago. The game back then wasn't soft like it is now and that's why Lebron would have been just another guy in the league 30 years ago. He still can't shoot in the mid-range with any consistency, and he still doesn't have a post game. He would have been destroyed back in the 80's and 90's if he thought he could just waltz through the middle of the lane with his shoulder down and tried to run through people. That boy is soft as a roll of Charmin.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

. You can throw era's out the window once the 1980's hit. Every Center was nearly 7'0 tall and the guards were even getting bigger and stronger compared to the 50's, 60's, and 70's. If I put together a lineup of Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Karl Malone, and Kareem they would whip any teams all-stars today.

I'd gladly take your 5 and add this squad too..

Garnett

Barkley

Pippen

Our own Reggie Miller

Gary Payton

These guys nowadays, don't know what lock down defense is. These 2 teams would have literally beaten the * out of these guys now. 

Oh and we are playing with the old rules and refs. None of this soft stuff...

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

The athleticism is better across the board, but the talent? No. The development of players now is just different than what it was 30 years ago. The game back then wasn't soft like it is now and that's why Lebron would have been just another guy in the league 30 years ago. He still can't shoot in the mid-range with any consistency, and he still doesn't have a post game. He would have been destroyed back in the 80's and 90's if he thought he could just waltz through the middle of the lane with his shoulder down and tried to run through people. That boy is soft as a roll of Charmin.

I'd gladly take your 5 and add this squad too..

Garnett

Barkley

Pippen

Our own Reggie Miller

Gary Payton

These guys nowadays, don't know what lock down defense is. These 2 teams would have literally beaten the * out of these guys now. 

Oh and we are playing with the old rules and refs. None of this soft stuff...

Yeah Imagine having,

Magic

Jordan

Bird

Malone

Kareem

*Then the bench being:

Stockton

Miller for more excellent shooting

DR J

Barkley

Hakeem

Pippen just for craps and giggles as an 11th man lmao 

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

That doesn't mean there are not great individual defenders pg is one so is Leonard davis lbj and Durant 

Lebron has NEVER been a great, nor even good, defender. He's great at getting blocks from behind, but he rarely takes the opposing teams best player, and hasn't for a LONG time. 

I will give everyone in here where players were drafted from 1990 and on and I take a team where players were drafted in 1989 or before that and my team would win. Each team gets 10 players. Here is my final team:

PG Magic Johnson

SG Michael Jordan

SF Larry Bird, if I need him to make 7 3's he can LOL

PF Karl Malone

C Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Bench

PG Oscar Robertson 

SG Reggie Miller, can shoot 3's like Steph Curry

SF DR J

PF Charles Barkley

C Wilt Chamberlain

-That team is not only big, tall, strong, and athletic, it can shoot 3's with today's players with Bird and Reggie. My teams IQ with Magic and Bird is unmatched as well and I have the GOAT in Michael Jordan :billiejean:. The 2 Centers I have could score every time down the floor too lmao, Magic would average 15 Assists a game on this team with crazy no look passes. Oscar would toy around as well haha . DR J would probably have 5 dunks every game on the fast break and Malone would too  :excited:. Barkley would be my bully, he could bully someone like LeBron :applause:

Drops MIC. 

Go to youtube and type in Magic Johnson Highlights (made by NPZ). It is a 15 minute video and tell me if any player is better than he was? I can not get the link to work for some reason. I was watching youtube and that was so entertaining watching him. He was making last second shots from 3 to beat teams and from half court making shots and his passes were Godly like. Man he was so great. Once you watch that video you will be like is this real haha . 

Go to youtube and type in Magic Johnson Highlights (made by NPZ). It is a 15 minute video and tell me if any player is better than he was? I can not get the link to work for some reason. I was watching youtube and that was so entertaining watching him. He was making last second shots from 3 to beat teams and from half court making shots and his passes were Godly like. Man he was so great. Once you watch that video you will be like is this real haha . 

And even Magic said himself that Larry Bird was the best player he has ever seen. 

Go figure.

12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

And even Magic said himself that Larry Bird was the best player he has ever seen. 

Go figure.

Players say stuff like that all the time about other great players. Almost all players hate having the GOAT title. Michael Jordan also said that Kobe Bryant probably could beat him one on one. When the Lakers beat the Celtics in the 1987 Finals, Bird said Magic was the best player he's ever seen.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Players say stuff like that all the time about other great players. Almost all players hate having the GOAT title. Michael Jordan also said that Kobe Bryant probably could beat him one on one. When the Lakers beat the Celtics in the 1987 Finals, Bird said Magic was the best player he's ever seen.

One thing for sure, these two were something special to see. For me it was the most exciting era to watch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

One thing for sure, these two were something special to see. For me it was the most exciting era to watch.

I agree, 80's Basketball was really special. I am not even being an old fart saying so, it was just fun to watch. The 90's were ok but what made it ok was the Pacers were good every year. Reggie's heroic's in the playoffs were unreal at times.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, 80's Basketball was really special. I am not even being an old fart saying so, it was just fun to watch. The 90's were ok but what made it ok was the Pacers were good every year. Reggie's heroic's in the playoffs were unreal at times.

Yeah, I think 8 points in 9 seconds may hold for a while. Especially under circumstances Reggie did it. The Garden, the Knicks and John Starks. Yeah, it is classic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah, I think 8 points in 9 seconds may hold for a while. Especially under circumstances Reggie did it. The Garden, the Knicks and John Starks. Yeah, it is classic.

Beating the Bulls in Game 4 of the 1998 ECFinals to even that series at 2-2 with his last second 3 was classic too. He hit a 3 right in Jordan's face. The 8 points in 9 seconds was the best though, I agree. 

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That was back when I watched the NBA.    Ha ha, loved those Pacer teams.    So close.  

• Like 1

80's and 90's both were solid. I hated the Bulls though, they kind of ruined the 90's because nobody could beat them but the Pacers made it good for me. We had them beat in 1998.

Even with the Bulls, back then it felt like there was still a chance.  

Now, even with a good team, it doesn't feel like there is a chance.  

1 hour ago, Finball said:

Dell Demps fired. Unfortunately for the Pelicans, this came about 8 years too late.

I think it was time to fire the GM and the head coach. The Pelicans may not have a championship team but they have had the talent enough to have a better record than 26-33.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:05 PM, BleedBlu8792 said:

If we had just one more upper tier, Oladipo-type, guy right now... These guys are playing with so much heart and passion right now. It's ironic to say, but I feel the loss of VO made the "team" better. That's what should happen though when you lose a guy, guys need to step up, and they all have been for the most part. 

Indiana is the #1 scoring defense in the league.  I wasn't a McMillan fan at all, but I feel that he's finally got a good grasp of what he's wanting to do and getting the guys to do it. Guys are buying in and it's showing. 

This is a great point.

I read (dont know for sure) that the Pacers-Milwaukee game was supposed to be on National TV but ESPN changed the schedule after Victor was injured.

Why opt out of previously scheduled match between the No. 1 and No. 3 seeds?

Because the network thinks we're dull without Vic.

Our team is appreciated here but not necessarily appreciated out side of Indy because other than Myles rejecting people, we're not 'showtime'

We grew up on a different kind of basketball here.

Balanced scoring.   7 guys in double figures....Use the mismatches.

Get high percentage shots.  More layups than 3s

Put max effort in on defense

Gene Keady. Bob Knight.  Even, yes, Brad Stevens (without Kyrie, the Celtics are a lot like us)

National viewers see a boring team with no stars.

We see 5 guys working as one..Nobody scores 25, everybody scores 10

We are even more of 'that team' without Victor.

National onlookers see the 'faceless five'. We see Hickory.

We see the beauty in that.

To outsiders, there's, not enough highlights.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

This is a great point.

I read (dont know for sure) that the Pacers-Milwaukee game was supposed to be on National TV but ESPN changed the schedule after Victor was injured.

Why opt out of previously scheduled match between the No. 1 and No. 3 seeds?

Because the network thinks we're dull without Vic.

Our team is appreciated here but not necessarily appreciated out side of Indy because other than Myles rejecting people, we're not 'showtime'

We grew up on a different kind of basketball here.

Balanced scoring.   7 guys in double figures....Use the mismatches.

Get high percentage shots.  More layups than 3s

Put max effort in on defense

Gene Keady. Bob Knight.  Even, yes, Brad Stevens (without Kyrie, the Celtics are a lot like us)

National viewers see a boring team with no stars.

We see 5 guys working as one..Nobody scores 25, everybody scores 10

We are even more of 'that team' without Victor.

National onlookers see the 'faceless five'. We see Hickory.

We see the beauty in that.

To outsiders, there's, not enough highlights.

I'll take our brand of basketball over 95% of what the league has to offer. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MTC said:

Did anyone hear watch any of the All-Star Weekend events? I did not even bother with no Pacers representing.

Have to admit. I did not watch it live

Saw the replay of the 3-point shootout...…I think I've outgrown the other events

But there was nobody from the Pacers in any event...so....

Did Joel Embid play in the all-star game and now he's out for a week with a sore knee. Really?

20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was skeptical of the Bucks but IMO I finally believe they are the best team in the East after tonight. I think they will win the East if I had to choose 1 team as of now. Of course they have to stay healthy.

Yeahs the Bucks seem to have surrounded Yannis with shooters much like the Cavs did win LeBron last year

Still the Celtics beat them last night if passes off to Al Horford for the last shot.

Wide open,.