Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

Just now, akcolt said:

I'm glad we didn't do anything drastic like trading for Conley or trading Holiday. I believe Pritchard and Ballard know what they are doing Both teams are headed in a good direction. Gotta think Mathews ends up the starting SG 

Did you see the clip of Vic getting up shots from the training table? Love that dude. 

Yeah, that's funny.

the one thing Victor always lets us know is how much he wants to play and how much he wants to be here.

You cant beat that.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Can anyone explain the Baldwin and Stauskas trade to the Pacers..to me?

Houston gave us a second round draft choice with the two players who we immediately release and its worth it to them because they get under the luxury tax 'bar' and save millions.

But how could we accept the two players without sending equal contracts or picks in return?

I'm not sure maybe because the Rockets are at the cap? I like it though never  a bad idea to make friends with a team that's as active as Houston is trading players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Can anyone explain the Baldwin and Stauskas trade to the Pacers..to me?

Houston gave us a second round draft choice with the two players who we immediately release and its worth it to them because they get under the luxury tax 'bar' and save millions.

But how could we accept the two players without sending equal contracts or picks in return?

Houston is in tax trouble, and have no roster room for the players. So if they waive him, they still have to pay those taxes.

They trade us a 2nd round pick, to take them on and waive them, because we still have a little cap space to fit them under.

Free 2nd round pick(small cap hit) plus Wesley Matthews is a pretty solid day in my book.

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Houston is in tax trouble, and have no roster room for the players. So if they waive him, they still have to pay those taxes.

They trade us a 2nd round pick, to take them on and waive them, because we still have a little cap space to fit them under.

But how can we trade for 2 players and one and give up none of either/

Isnt it your understanding that NBA trades must match salaries?

Why did we not have to do that?

15 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

But how can we trade for 2 players and one and give up none of either/

Isnt it your understanding that NBA trades must match salaries?

Why did we not have to do that?

Must only match salaries, if both teams are over the cap.

It happens quite frequently where a team gets a pick for taking on salary.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

What is going on??

This isnt the Pacer team I'm used to at all

69 points in the first half Tuesday night..... 71-53 at the half over the Clippers

Bogdonavich with 15, Thad Young with 14

31 of 47, 66% from the floor

I take all the credit, since I started Posting on this thread again we haven't lost :sarcasm: :billiejean:

27 minutes ago, MTC said:

It’s actually too bad that Oladipo is out because Matthews would have been a great piece to have in our rotation. 

I wonder if he would, stay and be the '2' guard on the second team next year.

(Maybe a 2-year deal at $10,000,000 would influence him to be a backup)

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Bogan Bogdonavich

CAREER:      12.7 points, 38% (3s), 46% (2s) 3.3 rebounds, 1.3 assists in 27.5 minutes per game

THIS YEAR: 16.4 points, 43% (3s), 49% (2s), 4.0 rebounds, 1.8 assists in 31.8 minutes per game

Without Vic we needed 2 things to happen and they have = Bogey and Turner picking up the slack.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we get to 50.

We have that hard core West road trip (Denver, Portland, Golden State and the Clippers) in March...

..but we also have 4 more games left on this home stand

Clevaland,. Charlotte, Milwaukee and New Orleans

Cavs dont have Love. Charlotte didnt get Gasol.  New Orleans wont play AD.

..and Milwaukee is due for a whipping

We realistically could get to 40-19 with 23 to go

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

We have that hard core West road trip (Denver, Portland, Golden State and the Clippers) in March...

Cleveland,. Charlotte, Milwaukee and New Orleans

19 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Lakers 129, Boston 128

Lost by 42 at Indy.....came from 18 down to win at Boston...

That team makes no sense at all:scratch:

Magic Johnson had a closed door meeting today with the team and told them he was all in with this group. LeBron James also said you guys are my team, I trust you. Stuff I read on some Lakers websites earlier. 

-A lot of people were making fun of the Lakers because the Davis deal failed and mocking LeBron for wrecking that teams chemistry. Looks like to me they are fine, not only that they will have the last laugh now when the Pelicans get peanuts for Davis this summer. Dell Demps thought he got over on Magic, actually he didn't. Nobody will offer the Pelicans what LA did. Magic will be laughing this summer when someone like Klay Thompson signs with LA and they still have all their players lmao.  While Dell Demps Pelicans will be in suck land haha. Lakers are only 1.5 games out of that 8th spot. No way LeBron is missing the Playoffs.

45 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Magic Johnson had a closed door meeting today with the team and told them he was all in with this group. LeBron James also said you guys are my team, I trust you. Stuff I read on some Lakers websites earlier. 

-A lot of people were making fun of the Lakers because the Davis deal failed and mocking LeBron for wrecking that teams chemistry. Looks like to me they are fine, not only that they will have the last laugh now when the Pelicans get peanuts for Davis this summer. Dell Demps thought he got over on Magic, actually he didn't. Nobody will offer the Pelicans what LA did. Magic will be laughing this summer when someone like Klay Thompson signs with LA and they still have all their players lmao.  While Dell Demps Pelicans will be in suck land haha. Lakers are only 1.5 games out of that 8th spot. No way LeBron is missing the Playoffs.

Boston has better players and picks than what LA was offering.. 

Let's not overrate what the Lakers had to offer. Also, the Clippers doing a minor dismantle is what could help the Lakers be a fringe playoff team, not because they are actually good. It won't be much of a consolation to make it into the #8 spot and get swept by Golden State although it would be par for the course for Bron Bron.

28 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Boston has better players and picks than what LA was offering.. 

Let's not overrate what the Lakers had to offer. Also, the Clippers doing a minor dismantle is what could help the Lakers be a fringe playoff team, not because they are actually good. It won't be much of a consolation to make it into the #8 spot and get swept by Golden State although it would be par for the course for Bron Bron.

I was talking with a friend earlier and we were discussing why people were gushing over Jayson Tatum so much and not Kyle Kuzma. Kuzma has been better so far in his career averaging more more Points, Rebounds, and Assists per game than Tatum. Magic should be thankful that deal didn't go through because trading Kuzma would've been a huge mistake. Also the Lakers making the Playoffs is a start for them and a huge improvement from last year. Then Magic has enough Cap Space this summer to land 2 SuperStars if he goes that route. Dell Demps has no leverage now. Kuzma and Ingram>Tatum and Brown, just look at the stats. Lakers even offered Demps 2 1st round picks and Ball with Kuzma and Ingram and the dude still wouldn't do it lmao .

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was talking with a friend earlier and we were discussing why people were gushing over Jayson Tatum so much and not Kyle Kuzma. Kuzma has been better so far in his career averaging more more Points, Rebounds, and Assists per game than Tatum. Magic should be thankful that deal didn't go through because trading Kuzma would've been a huge mistake. Also the Lakers making the Playoffs is a start for them and a huge improvement from last year. Then Magic has enough Cap Space this summer to land 2 SuperStars if he goes that route. Dell Demps has no leverage now. Kuzma and Ingram>Tatum and Brown, just look at the stats. Lakers even offered Demps 2 1st round picks and Ball with Kuzma and Ingram and the dude still wouldn't do it lmao .

I mean Brady has better stats and WAY more rings than Manning so he's just better right.... You are being way to simple about this. Tatum and Brown(who doesn't even start) play on a better team and are still producing highly.

Lets just follow your thought process and put Klay Thompson on this Lakers team, and let's leave out that other superstar you mentioned, do you really a believe Kuzma's and Ingram's production stay the same? Not a chance, especially with a volume shooter like Klay, and we haven't even added in that other superstar like you said. Kuzma and Ingram have benefited from playing on a team where THEY are the teams best players, outside of Lebron. Add that second superstar with Klay and Lebron, and Kuzma's and Ingram's productivity plummet further. Ingram could possibly start with NO, but Kuzma isn't sniffing a starting spot with Randle there. 

Demps knew LA really had nothing of value, especially not draft picks, and made LA look desperate. Boston has the picks (three 1st round picks alone next year) AND players that could come in an help immediately. Tatum and Brown are starting day 1.

21 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I mean Brady has better stats and WAY more rings than Manning so he's just better right.... You are being way to simple about this. Tatum and Brown(who doesn't even start) play on a better team and are still producing highly.

Lets just follow your thought process and put Klay Thompson on this Lakers team, and let's leave out that other superstar you mentioned, do you really a believe Kuzma's and Ingram's production stay the same? Not a chance, especially with a volume shooter like Klay, and we haven't even added in that other superstar like you said. Kuzma and Ingram have benefited from playing on a team where THEY are the teams best players, outside of Lebron. Add that second superstar with Klay and Lebron, and Kuzma's and Ingram's productivity plummet further. Ingram could possibly start with NO, but Kuzma isn't sniffing a starting spot with Randle there. 

Demps knew LA really had nothing of value, especially not draft picks, and made LA look desperate. Boston has the picks (three 1st round picks alone next year) AND players that could come in an help immediately. Tatum and Brown are starting day 1.

You are underestimating how good Kuzma is, JMO. Ingram is definitely as good as Brown too. I mean if the Pelicans would rather have Tatum and Brown and 2 1st round picks it really isn't that much different. By my eye test Tatum and Kuzma are pretty equal at worse and Kuzma even has more size. I like Kuz better. Dell Demps just wanted to be a butt head and not help the Lakers by trading them Davis. Demps is from the Popovich tree and Pop advised the Pelicans to not do the trade because he did not want LA getting another top 5 player. Pop hates the Lakers. Pelicans may get in trouble for reverse tampering is what I am hearing. People in the league hate the Lakers that much which cracks me up. Lakers are lucky this didn't go through so Demps and Pop did LA a favor. Trading Kuzma would've been a huge mistake like I said.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You are underestimating how good Kuzma is

No, and I explained why he's not as good as YOU think he is. Again, you're being simple, and just wanting to use stats as a whole for your argument and not seeing the situation as to how those stats are being accumulated. You and a select few of the Laker fan base have to be the only ones who believe Kuzma is better than Tatum. There isn't a GM in the league who would take Kuzma over Ingram straight up. 

I mean if the Pelicans would rather have Tatum and Brown and 2 1st round picks it really isn't that much different.

There's a huge difference, and again I explained that, Tatum and Brown start day 1. Kuzma is NOT starting over Randle (read that closely and tell me he is still better than Tatum), so right there the value between the trade highly favors Boston. Ingram would start as they don't have anyone to challenge him at SF, but they still have a huge hole next to Holiday - which Brown would fill nicely. Both Brown and Tatum play defense, have deep playoff experience, and have been well coached. Take out the draft picks and this still HIGHLY favors Boston. 

Again, Boston has 3 first's in 2019 to the Lakers 1. 

Dell Demps just wanted to be a butt head and not help the Lakers by trading them Davis.

Do you not recognize your own logical fallacy in this statement? Why would he help a team in his conference??????

Demps is from the Popovich tree and Pop advised the Pelicans to not do the trade because he did not want LA getting another top 5 player. Pop hates the Lakers.

If the Lakers had the value to actually get Davis, Demps pulls the trigger, but again he's not going to weaken his team and make a team in his conference stronger. NO loses on that trade from the Lakers terribly.

Pelicans may get in trouble for reverse tampering is what I am hearing. People in the league hate the Lakers that much which cracks me up. Lakers are lucky this didn't go through so Demps and Pop did LA a favor. Trading Kuzma would've been a huge mistake like I said.

NO isn't getting into trouble over anything. Lebron started all of this at the start of the season, and NO did what any team would do which was listen.  

People in the league are growing tired of the bull'ish antics of Lebron especially now that he's in LA. They didn't do LA a favor, they are going to make LA actually work at trying to get better. They are either going to make LA and Lebron bleed out for the next couple of years, to which Lebron will be gone, or LA gets lucky for a year and they look somewhat competitive. 

14 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Clevaland,. Charlotte, Milwaukee and New Orleans

Love is getting ready to come back for the Cavs and NO has said they are going to play AD the rest of the season. This is what is reported in ESPN fantasy basketball sites last night.

With that said I don't think NO is that void of talent. They have the talent to win more balls games. I would look at coaching before trading any players.

8 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Love is getting ready to come back for the Cavs and NO has said they are going to play AD the rest of the season. This is what is reported in ESPN fantasy basketball sites last night.

With that said I don't think NO is that void of talent. They have the talent to win more balls games. I would look at coaching before trading any players.

I agree. NO does have a pretty talented roster (they could stand to be better at the 2 and 3 spot), but I don't see how they aren't at least .500 or better without pointing to the coaching.

8 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I agree. NO does have a pretty talented roster (they could stand to be better at the 2 and 3 spot) and I don't see how they aren't at least .500 or better. 

They have to get Okafor into the rotation. He has played very good when given the chance.

2 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

No, and I explained why he's not as good as YOU think he is. Again, you're being simple, and just wanting to use stats as a whole for your argument and not seeing the situation as to how those stats are being accumulated. You and a select few of the Laker fan base have to be the only ones who believe Kuzma is better than Tatum. There isn't a GM in the league who would take Kuzma over Ingram straight up. 

There's a huge difference, and again I explained that, Tatum and Brown start day 1. Kuzma is NOT starting over Randle (read that closely and tell me he is still better than Tatum), so right there the value between the trade highly favors Boston. Ingram would start as they don't have anyone to challenge him at SF, but they still have a huge hole next to Holiday - which Brown would fill nicely. Both Brown and Tatum play defense, have deep playoff experience, and have been well coached. Take out the draft picks and this still HIGHLY favors Boston. 

Again, Boston has 3 first's in 2019 to the Lakers 1. 

Do you not recognize your own logical fallacy in this statement? Why would he help a team in his conference??????

If the Lakers had the value to actually get Davis, Demps pulls the trigger, but again he's not going to weaken his team and make a team in his conference stronger. NO loses on that trade from the Lakers terribly.

NO isn't getting into trouble over anything. Lebron started all of this at the start of the season, and NO did what any team would do which was listen.  

People in the league are growing tired of the bull'ish antics of Lebron especially now that he's in LA. They didn't do LA a favor, they are going to make LA actually work at trying to get better. They are either going to make LA and Lebron bleed out for the next couple of years, to which Lebron will be gone, or LA gets lucky for a year and they look somewhat competitive. 

-Most of the Lakers fanbase are happy that the trade didn't happen actually and LeBron had nothing to do with trying to pry Davis from NO. It was Rich Paul's doing, Davis' agent that started the whole thing and Davis himself wants nothing to do with the Pelicans. He made it clear he no longer wanted to play for the Pelicans. How is that on LeBron

-Most Lakers fans think Kuzma is their 2nd best player (better than Ingram and he is IMO). I follow the Lakers a lot because I like Magic Johnson so I know everything about them. We will have to agree to disagree to whether or not Kuzma is better than Tatum. Both players are actually good. Stats back my claim up there but you poo poo stats so I will no longer debate that argument with you.

-Pop needed to mind his own business and not butt in while this trade was being made. That is tampering, google Popovich advises Pelicans not to make trade with Lakers for Davis.

-In what world is Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, Hart, and 2 1st Round picks not a great trade for the Pelicans when Davis wants out of there? Magic was the one getting fleeced IMO.

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

No NBA team is 'void of talent' but New Qrleans obviously isnt that talented without Anthony. Remember, they traded Mirotic, too.

..They SAID they're going to play Anthony.  We'll see

......and Love is 'getting ready' to come back.  he wont play 35 minutes Saturday.

My point was:

The Pacers have a better than 50-50 chance to win the next 4 games at home and get to 40-19, agreed?

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

-

-In what world is Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, Hart, and 2 1st Round picks not a great trade for the Pelicans when Davis wants out of there? Magic was the one getting fleeced IMO.

That's what I was thinking. The Lakers started bidding against themselves and the offer got ridiculous.

Anthony Davis isnt worth 4 starters and two No.1 picks, Nobody is.

..and I agree Kuzma fits with LeBron. I would not trade him.

Boston isnt going to send New Orleans Jason Tatum and multiple No.1 picks for one season of AD.  (He's not staying in Boston) and Boston hasn't made ANY offer yet.  Ainge is a con man and the Pelicans seem like they dont know what to do

The offer New Orleans finally accepts wont be as good as the offer they turned down this week.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That's what I was thinking. The Lakers started bidding against themselves and the offer got ridiculous.

Anthony Davis isnt worth 4 starters and two No.1 picks, Nobody is.

..and I agree Kuzma fits with LeBron. I would not trade him.

Boston isnt going to send New Orleans Jason Tatum and multiple No.1 picks for one season of AD.  (He's not staying in Boston) and Boston hasn't made ANY offer yet.  Ainge is a con man and the Pelicans seem like they dont know what to do

The offer New Orleans finally accepts wont be as good as the offer they turned down this week.

That is another thing I did not even bring up, Davis wanted to play in LA so he may leave Boston if traded there. That is why Demps blew this IMO. Magic is the one laughing right now, especially after the way the Lakers played last night. Kuzma and Rondo both looked guys that were on a mission last night.