Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is another thing I did not even bring up, Davis wanted to play in LA so he nay leave Boston if traded there. That is why Demps blew this IMO. Magic is the one laughing right now, especially after the way the Lakers played last night. Kuzma and Rondo both looked guys that were on a mission last night. 

Rondo is so strong with the ball and he's good with younger players.

And Kuzma looks liker Klay Thompson shooting sometimes

If the Lakers win a playoff series, that offer to the Pelicans will change.

But Ainge is letting the Pelicans THINK he'll offer Jason Tatum and 3 No. 1s.

For one year of AD? I dont think that offer ever gets made.

• Like 1

I think the Pacers path to the East finals would have to go like this:

They hold the '4' seed and have home court against Philadelphia.

I think that's a team of 'all-stars' that havent played together long.

We have a chance to beat them.

Then, the Pacers would face the top seed and if that's Milwaukee, that's winnable, too

We dont match up with Toronto and Boston has played together and has Kyrie to win games late.  

16 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That's what I was thinking. The Lakers started bidding against themselves and the offer got ridiculous.

Anthony Davis isnt worth 4 starters and two No.1 picks, Nobody is.

Ingram would be the only one starting of those 4 players offered. 

17 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Boston isnt going to send New Orleans Jason Tatum and multiple No.1 picks for one season of AD.  (He's not staying in Boston) and Boston hasn't made ANY offer yet.  Ainge is a con man and the Pelicans seem like they dont know what to do. The offer New Orleans finally accepts wont be as good as the offer they turned down this week.

Boston can't make an offer until the off-season (July) due to the Rose-rule. Boston's belief is they can re-up Kyrie and lure AD there and keep him. 

To the bolded, everyone thought PG wasn't resigning in OKC either.. 

Say what you want, but Boston has the most valuable assets period

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Rondo is so strong with the ball and he's good with younger players.

And Kuzma looks liker Klay Thompson shooting sometimes

If the Lakers win a playoff series, that offer to the Pelicans will change.

But Ainge is letting the Pelicans THINK he'll offer Jason Tatum and 3 No. 1s.

For one year of AD? I dont think that offer ever gets made.

I do not either, you are nailing all of my points Mark.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Boston can't make an offer until the off-season (July) due to the Rose-rule. Boston's belief is they can re-up Kyrie and lure AD there and keep him. 

To the bolded, everyone thought PG wasn't resigning in OKC either.. 

Say what you want, but Boston has the most valuable assets period

Ainge will not give up Tatum though for 1 year of AD, JMO. Yes PG stayed in OKC but that is rare. AD wants to play in LA.

7 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Blue. Kuzma and Ball start for the Lakers ..so did Zubac until they traded him. It was 4 starters.

And the question isnt how much talent Boston has, its how much they'll send to the Pelicans for one season of AD.

Boston isnt going to give up 21-year old Jason Tatum and three No. 1s for one year of Anthony Davis. That's just not happening.

That's why four starters from L.A. and 2 No.1s is better.

Its hard to argue

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Blue. Kuzma and Ball start for the Lakers ..so did Zubac until they traded him. It was 4 starters.

And the question isnt how much talent Boston has, its how much they'll send to the Pelicans for one season of AD.

Boston isnt going to give up 24-year old Jason Tatum and three No. 1s for one year of Anthony Davis. That's just not happening.

Its hard to argue

Yep.

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Boston isnt going to give up 24-year old Jason Tatum and three No. 1s for one year of Anthony Davis. That's just not happening.

Its hard to argue

This will backfire on the Pelicans, all because they didn't want to trade AD to LA, lmao . Pelicans could've had Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, Hart, Zubac, and 2 1st round future draft picks. Lets see what they get this summer. No way Ainge offers them Tatum because he knows AD won't stay there. Ainge is smart. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ainge will not give up Tatum though for 1 year of AD, JMO. Yes PG stayed in OKC but that is rare. AD wants to play in LA.

Sure he would. With the chance to get the 2nd or 3rd best player in the NBA with extra draft capital in 2020 as well, you bet your butt he would gladly give up Tatum and Brown plus a couple 1's.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Kuzma and Ball ARE NOT starting for NO (hypothetically), so them starting for the Lakers is irrelevant. That automatically drops the value on LA's end. Seriously, just think, why would a team take on bench players and give up one of the best players in the league?

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Read above... 

If you think Ainge is scared to dump Tatum for the 2nd or 3rd best player in the NBA, when he has Heyward sitting on the bench getting ready for next year, you're being overly naive. Boston has 3 guaranteed first rounders (could be 4) next year alone, and 2 guaranteed (could be 3) in 2020. Jaylen Brown has also been mentioned in the trade rumors as well. 

BOTH go to NO and start immediately, as those are the 2 biggest holes NO has which is the 2 and 3 spots. SO, they give up 2 2019 1st's - which still possibly gives Boston 2 first rounders for 2019, and a 1st from 2020 - which still possibly gives Boston 2 first rounders from 2020.

It may not take that much from Boston to land AD, but you're fooling yourself if you don't think Boston has the best hand in all of this and NO doesn't notice it. 

3 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Sure he would. With the chance to get the 2nd or 3rd best player in the NBA with extra draft capital in 2020 as well, you bet your butt he would gladly give up Tatum and Brown plus a couple 1's.

Kuzma and Ball ARE NOT starting for NO (hypothetically), so them starting for the Lakers is irrelevant. That automatically drops the value on LA's end. Seriously, just think, why would a team take on bench players and give up one of the best players in the league?

Read above... 

If you think Ainge is scared to dump Tatum for the 2nd or 3rd best player in the NBA, when he has Heyward sitting on the bench getting ready for next year, you're being overly naive. Boston has 3 guaranteed first rounders (could be 4) next year alone, and 2 guaranteed (could be 3) in 2020. Jaylen Brown has also been mentioned in the trade rumors as well. 

BOTH go to NO and start immediately, as those are the 2 biggest holes NO has which is the 2 and 3 spots. SO, they give up 2 2019 1st's - which still possibly gives Boston 2 first rounders for 2019, and a 1st from 2020 - which still possibly gives Boston 2 first rounders from 2020.

It may not take that much from Boston to land AD, but you're fooling yourself if you don't think Boston has the best hand in all of this and NO doesn't notice it. 

You haven't watched Kuzma much because he is just as good as Randle is. Randle is more physical but he can not shoot. I would rather have Kuzma over Randle.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You haven't watched Kuzma much because he is just as good as Randle is. Randle is more physical but he can not shoot. I would rather have Kuzma over Randle.

To follow this up, I already know Randle has a much better FG% but what I mean is, he isn't the 3 point threat that Kuzma is. Most of Randle's baskets are inside and it is due to other teams double teaming AD/worrying about him. If Kuzma played along side AD his game would be really good.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can't say that I'm shocked that you actually believe that, especially when you believe this below...

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Pelicans lost their leverage with the Lakers now. Reason being this summer, Magic can now just offer them a lot less and say if you do not take it you will lose AD and get very little.

THE PELICANS DO NOT NEED THE LAKERS TO MOVE AD... I don't know why you keep swinging and missing on this.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To follow this up, I already know Randle has a much better FG% but what I mean is, he isn't the 3 point threat that Kuzma is. Most of Randle's baskets are inside and it is due to other teams double teaming AD/worrying about him. If Kuzma played along side AD his game would be really good.

Oh look, "stats" again.. I'm still waiting for you to tell me Brady is a better QB than Manning.

3 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I can't say that I'm shocked that you actually believe that, especially when you believe this below...

THE PELICANS DO NOT NEED THE LAKERS TO MOVE AD... I don't know why you keep swinging and missing on this.

Oh look, "stats" again.. I'm still waiting for you to tell me Brady is a better QB than Manning.

-Between Brady, Montana, and Manning it is pretty even IMO because Championships have to be factored in too. 

-My point is that this summer, Dell Demps will not get a better offer than the Lakers just offered them because AD will be a 1 year rental to every other team. Ainge will not give up someone you say that is better than Kuzma (Tatum) and a ton of draft picks + Brown and Smart for a guy that will only stay 1 year. 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

If Wes can come off the bench and make his average I think it's a smart move. Having a vet around doesn't hurt either.

I think he's going to start for the rest of the season but I can see him coming off the bench next year when Vic returns..

I cant say I've concentrated on ever watching him but coach Nate knows him very well.

There are comments he's a better defensive player than he is an offensive player...and he chose us over San Antonio and OKC...

I like the sound of that...but he's always been in the Western Conference. I really haven't watched  him play that much.

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I think he's going to start for the rest of the season but I can see him coming off the bench next year when Vic returns..

I cant say I've concentrated on ever watching him but coach Nate knows him very well.

There are comments he's a better defensive player than he is an offensive player...and he chose us over San Antonio and OKC...

I like the sound of that...but he's always been in the Western Conference. I really haven't watched  him play that much.

We have won 5 in row, lets see if we can keep it going.

Next year

I can see us with Turner and Sabonis as centers

Collison and Holiday at point guards

Oladipo and Wes Matthews as shooting guards

Bogdonavich and McDermott at small forward

Thad Young and TJ Leaf at power forward

That would move Kyle O'Quinn, Cory Joseph and Tyreke Evans ..to parts unknown

..and allow room for Edmund Sumner and Alize Johnson

….I think Holiday and Leaf will show us they are worth 20 minutes a night and I think Collison is playing very well. I'd resign DC, Young and Bogdonavic to 2-year deals at $15 mil...a year

13 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Next year

I can see us with Turner and Sabonis as centers

Collison and Holiday at point guards

Oladipo and Wes Matthews as shooting guards

Bogdonavich and McDermott at small forward

Thad Young and TJ Leaf at power forward

That's a very good line up, but not good enough to Philly and Boston, IMO.  

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Myles said:

That's a very good line up, but not good enough to beat Philly and Boston, IMO.  

Unless the young players improve, you are right.

Holiday, Leaf and even you Myles, have room for improvement which could elevate us.

..and we do get a No.1 choice...

If we keep getting a bit better, eventually we will get our chance to win the East

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Unless the young players improve, you are right.

Holiday, Leaf and even you Myles, have room for improvement which could elevate us.

..and we do get a No.1 choice...

If we keep getting a bit better, eventually we will get our chance to win the East

I'm hoping it happens.   Right now that 1st round pick is Number 26.    I expect it to be 24 once Philly and Boston pass us.  

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

This is how vampires start...

Fans-pacers-game-who-had-contact-bat-face-rabies-exposure

Pacers fans waking up Friday morning like:

giphy.gif

After a quick Google search, it seems that 6% of bats carry the rabies virus.  

That % goes down if you factor in the following:

Rabies cannot be transmitted by contact with bat guano, blood or urine or by touching a bat's fur. Only saliva or neural tissue is infectious. If either of those enters the body via the mouth, eyes or nose or through a wound such as a bite, a person could be in jeopardy.

So I don't think anyone needs to worry much.