Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

4 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Alize Johnson is having a good showing as well.

I think Alize has some nice potential. 

Holiday looking good.

Those last 3 spots are up for grabs.

I've always liked Travis Leslie's game as well. Maybe he can steal that last spot? 

Anigbogu

Alize Johnson

Sumner

Leslie

Potential vet minimum signing out there as well?

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

Alize Johnson is balling this quarter. The offense is basically running through him right now.

Trevon Duval has been killing us. He just got hurt so hopefully he's ok.

Was surprised Trevon wasn't drafted.

Hopefully Alize can run some at the 3. Time will tell. I think he can.

So after taking another look.

We can sign O'Quinn after we finish other moves.

To make room for O'Quinn, they released Poythress($1.54m)

Cap space: $1.65m

If we cut Ike($.7m savings)

Stretch Jefferson($2.7m)

We could still have around $5m left if we chose to go this route.

Holding out hope that we can bust a S+T with Boston. He seems a little disgruntled right now. Probably slim odds.

CoJo($7.9m)

2019 1st

For 

Marcus Smart

Clear cap space as I posted before, we could offer $12-$13m in a S+T.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, w87r said:

Holding out hope that we can bust a S+T with Boston. He seems a little disgruntled right now. Probably slim odds.

CoJo($7.9m)

2019 1st

For 

Marcus Smart

Clear cap space as I posted before, we could offer $12-$13m in a S+T.

Taking Smart from them would be huge, that would make them weaker and us stronger.

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Taking Smart from them would be huge, that would make them weaker and us stronger.

I would throw in Leaf if need be to.

Like I said, doubt it happens:

1. Dont think Boston wants to make us better.

2. I guess it was just that 1 reason.

He definitely is disgruntled right now though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Myles said:

Good signing I guess.   Nothing to get too excited about at all.   He played the most minutes per game in his 6 year career last season - 18 MPG, 7 pts, 6 rebouds, 1.3 blocks, 1.3 TO.    I assume this is just to have a body to absorb fouls?    

I'm a little confused....we have 2 centers....and Sabonis cant play forward

O'Quinn's a vet...he's physical  ...and he doesn't mind coming of the bench..

..which is good because he might spend a lot of time there...collecting 4 mil

Unless another move is coming, I dont understand

Edited by oldunclemark

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Can someone explain the O'Quinn signing to me.//

Seems like a nice player but I dont understand why we acquired a 3rd center

(4th if you count Ike)

1. O'Quinn can play PF as well. Probably best to keep at Center, but he is versatile.

2. O'Quinn is a solid player. Going in to today, what would you of said our biggest need was on our roster? PF? That would of been my answer. 

3. There very well could be an additional move coming.

4. Ike might not be back?

5. I just think the team is trying to fill out the roster with as many solid players as it can. We are extremely deep right now, expectations are high. 

Turner, Sabonis, O'Quinn, Young and Leaf is a very solid big man group. Throw in a little Alize and have a great night.

Bogs, McBuckets, Evans, Oladipo... Wings are set.

Collison, DoJo and Holiday

Wow, just ready to see what this team can do. See if they have anything else coming up.

Might be able to work  S+T deals for Lance and GR3, if those teams come up with another player to use exeptions on. 

Not sure what that might look like but its a possibility. I will take a look a few options.

I really don't feel like Ike or Sumner are going to have those final 2 spots when all is said and done?

15 hours ago, w87r said:

1. O'Quinn can play PF as well. Probably best to keep at Center, but he is versatile.

2. O'Quinn is a solid player. Going in to today, what would you of said our biggest need was on our roster? PF? That would of been my answer. 

87, O'Quinn cannot play defense at the forward position.That's not how the Knicks used him,.

He's a good center.....but he's a rim protector and rebounder ....he's not a forward defensively at all. He's just not nearly that mobile. He's not as mobile as Sabonis and Sabonis cannot play good defense at the forward position. Maybe that's the plan...to have Sabonis play some forward. he did in OKC..

Maybe he'll get better

I've got no problem with acquiring a good player without giving up anything but money on a 1-year deal. He sounds like a great guy and a mentor......

Looks like a younger version of Al Jefferson...better defensively than Al but not as good offensively.  O'Quinn mixed well with McDermott in NY.  He's good

But his best position is center just like Sabonis.

Right now.....we still dont have a backup power forward defensively. Someone who can get out on shooters.

Unless we make Sabonis and O'Quinn the centers, Myles Turner the starting power forward and Thad Young the backup.

That's a way to go.

Our coaches say that Turner and Sabonis cant play well together.

But it sounds like they want to revisit that conclusion....

Maybe we're trying to see if O'Quinn (C) and Sabonis (F) are any better

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, w87r said:

Wow, just ready to see what this team can do. See if they have anything else coming up.

Might be able to work  S+T deals for Lance and GR3, if those teams come up with another player to use exeptions on. 

Not sure what that might look like but its a possibility. I will take a look a few options.

I really don't feel like Ike or Sumner are going to have those final 2 spots when all is said and done?

Agreed....Sumner and Ike (Ike is just 21..I hope he stays with us) and Alize are G-league guys

..you are probably right.

With so many players in the final year of their contracts (read: tradable) , there's a lot of things we could do.

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Anthony Holiday is obviously ready to contribute..

.....a little disappointed in TJ Leaf..He should dominate the summer league

Aaron is looking really solid. Looks like he might be a steal.

Seems to have a lot a Jrue in him, but possibly a better shooter?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, w87r said:

Aaron is looking really solid. Looks like he might be a steal.

Seems to have a lot a Jrue in him, but possibly a better shooter?

I agree....He's ready to go...I think he's more ready for the NBA than the guy the Cavs got.

I just hope we can find minutes for him.

I hope he can accept the situation for a year with 4 vet guards (Collison, Joseph, Tryreke Evans and Vic) already on the roster.

5 guards...4 forwards (McDermott, Bogdonavich, Leaf and Thad Young) and 3 centers (O'Quinn, Sabonis and Myles Turner) Do you think this is the final core of the roster?

..anybody else to add?

22 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I agree....He's ready to go...I think he's more ready for the NBA than the guy the Cavs got.

I just hope we can find minutes for him.

I hope he can accept the situation for a year with 4 vet guards (Collison, Joseph, Tryreke Evans and Vic) already on the roster.

5 guards...4 forwards (McDermott, Bogdonavich, Leaf and Thad Young) and 3 centers (O'Quinn, Sabonis and Myles Turner) Do you think this is the final core of the roster?

..anybody else to add?

I feel there is still a move or two to be made. If we are done, I like what I see though.

I also think Holiday is going to force playing time sooner than later. His skill set is probably the best of any of our PG's.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, w87r said:

I feel there is still a move or two to be made. If we are done, I like what I see though.

I also think Holiday is going to force playing time sooner than later. His skill set is probably the best of any of our PG's.

Holiday is going to be Good, one reason why I keep saying we will better than last year. Rookie or not, he will see minutes. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Holiday is going to be Good, one reason why I keep saying we will better than last year. Rookie or not, he will see minutes. 

He's the 5th guard..and we're paying the other 4 of them a lot so he cant play much...barring  injury

But I'm hoping we'll sit Collison and Evans (the older guards) on some back-to-back nights in the schedule to give Aaron a chance to play 25-30 minutes.

Because he's a guy who could be starting for us by 2019-2020

Kevin Pritchard is doing an interview during SL game.

Figured I would post some highlights:

1. Evaluated team last year as funnest team hes been around. Had fun, worked hard and made sacrifices and competed.

2. Oladipo - Expectations, didn't expect him to come out like that last year. Expected him to improve and expand his role. Had high expectations for him and Sabonis.

3. Trade options (PG) - wasn't as "thick" as he wanted to be. Not as many options, but loved both players and had them ranked higher than most.

4. Arvydas Sabonis talk. 

5. Went into off-season this year to add best shooter we could(McDermott) and best play maker we could(Evans).

6. Wanted to get better, Herb Simon said he didn't want to tank and bottom out. Wanted to compete and get better.

7. $50m+ next summer.

8. Asked who we could get with all the cap space, said we should pretty good, you never know.

9. Nate talk- tough and hard nosed. Tone setter. Great leadership from players.

10. Vic first in the gym.

11. Alize Johnson talk - wherever ball is, he finds it. Said great determination to find ball. Used energy/reb off bench of Jordan Bell as comp. 

12. Holiday was top 12 on his board, couldn't believe he was there. Calls him pesky.

Wow, that was quick fire.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/8/2018 at 4:24 PM, oldunclemark said:

He's the 5th guard..and we're paying the other 4 of them a lot so he cant play much...barring  injury

But I'm hoping we'll sit Collison and Evans (the older guards) on some back-to-back nights in the schedule to give Aaron a chance to play 25-30 minutes.

Because he's a guy who could be starting for us by 2019-2020

Evans will play some SF IMO, Holiday actually is more talented than Joseph is. We will see.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Evans will play some SF IMO, Holiday actually is more talented than Joseph is. We will see.

Joseph isnt a true lead guard or wing guard to me...He's more defensive stopper.

But Holiday is not going to force Cory Joseph to the bench...after what Joseph did last year. He finished more than a couple of games.

But Evans will be the lead guard on the second team.

He needs the ball in his hands......that;s what the highlights strongly suggest

Didnt Holiday payed 'off the ball' when Lonzo was at UCLA,?

Just now, oldunclemark said:

The coaches are saying Evans will be the lead guard on the second team.

He needs the ball in his hands.

Didnt Holiday payed 'off the ball' when Lonzo was at UCLA,?

Holiday can play SG or PG. Good thing is we are loaded at Guard and have alot of depth. I will miss Lance but we have an excellent chance to finish in the Top 4 now and win a Playoff series. I love our team. 

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Kevin Pritchard is doing an interview during SL game.

Figured I would post some highlights:

1. Evaluated team last year as funnest team hes been around. Had fun, worked hard and made sacrifices and competed.

2. Oladipo - Expectations, didn't expect him to come out like that last year. Expected him to improve and expand his role. Had high expectations for him and Sabonis.

3. Trade options (PG) - wasn't as "thick" as he wanted to be. Not as many options, but loved both players and had them ranked higher than most.

4. Arvydas Sabonis talk. 

5. Went into off-season this year to add best shooter we could(McDermott) and best play maker we could(Evans).

6. Wanted to get better, Herb Simon said he didn't want to tank and bottom out. Wanted to compete and get better.

7. $50m+ next summer.

8. Asked who we could get with all the cap space, said we should pretty good, you never know.

9. Nate talk- tough and hard nosed. Tone setter. Great leadership from players.

10. Vic first in the gym.

11. Alize Johnson talk - wherever ball is, he finds it. Said great determination to find ball. Used energy/reb off bench of Jordan Bell as comp. 

12. Holiday was top 12 on his board, couldn't believe he was there. Calls him pesky.

Wow, that was quick fire.

Didnt ask him abut Lance, did he/
 Now, I'm reading that we DID offer Lance a contract but he chose to go with LBJ

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Holiday can play SG or PG. Good thing is we are loaded at Guard and have alot of depth. I will miss Lance but we have an excellent chance to finish in the Top 4 now and win a Playoff series. I love our team. 

Things change......I'm getting OK with it....Lance will be out west....he'll rarely play the Pacers and I can root for him as a Laker........maybe he'll be back someday

...... I think our guard situation will take care of itself....Holiday may sit early but guards miss games like everybody else.  I will predict that while we were 0-8 when Victor did not play last year..

..we will have a winning record when Victor does not play this year

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Things change......I'm getting OK with it....Lance will be out west....he'll rarely play the Pacers and I can root for him as a Laker........maybe he'll be back someday

...... I think our guard situation will take care of itself....Holiday may sit early but guards miss games like everybody else.  I will predict that while we were 0-8 when Victor did not play last year..

..we will have a winning record when Victor does not play this year

Yeah I see us winning 50 games with relatively Good health and finishing 4th in the East. I think in reality we may be the 2nd best team in the East though. Toronto and Philly will probably have a better record in the Regular Season winning around 55 or so but we are a team built for the Playoffs. What I mean by that is, we have the overall Guard play and the Centers that can play Defense. I just like our Chemistry better than what Toronto and Philly has. Boston is going to be a Bear!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I see us winning 50 games with relatively Good health and finishing 4th in the East. I think in reality we may be the 2nd best team in the East though. Toronto and Philly will probably have a better record in the Regular Season winning around 55 or so but we are a team built for the Playoffs. What I mean by that is, we have the overall Guard play and the Centers that can play Defense. I just like our Chemistry better than what Toronto and Philly has. Boston is going to be a Bear!

50-32...….It should happen....

...we get 4 games with the Cavs....should be all wins..unless their roster changes...

we were 1-3 against Detroit and that may change....

Unless Im just being negative..I dont see the Knicks or Charlotte getting better.

Bulls made some nice choices..but I think we go 3-1 on them..

….you are right....if Boston brings back Marcus Smart,....we'll be lucky to get a game off them..

Toronto is bringing back the same team...and the 76ers lost some shooters.

We played much of last year with 8 guys...now we have a true 'second 5' ..we're not as vulnerable to injuries as we were........ .I wish the season began next week!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

50-32...….It should happen....

...we get 4 games with the Cavs....should be all wins..unless their roster changes...

we were 1-3 against Detroit and that may change....

Unless Im just being negative..I dont see the Knicks or Charlotte getting better.

Bulls made some nice choices..but I think we go 3-1 on them..

….you are right....if Boston brings back Marcus Smart,....we'll be lucky to get a game off them..

Toronto is bringing back the same team...and the 76ers lost some shooters.

We played much of last year with 8 guys...now we have a true 'second 5' ..we're not as vulnerable to injuries as we were........ .I wish the season began next week!

Yeah I kind of see Boston = 60-22, Philly 55-27, Toronto 55-27, and us 51-31. I will say 51 just to be very optimistic. Wizards may win 50? I could see them at 50-32. Bucks are a strange group but have the Freak, I see them at 47-35 or so. After that the Conference is a mystery. Heat will be probably be a Playoff team but not a Playoff threat. 

20 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Looks like Carmelo will be signed by the Houston Rockets.....

.....low price ahooter....they're all in for next year obviously.

.....He doesnt replace Trevor Ariza  defensively at all

There you have it, the Chemistry destroyer. Now they have no chance to beat the Warriors, I knew Magic wouldn't sign him. Just too risky.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

Scott Agness: Pacers believe Kyle O’Quinn can fill the leadership void left behind by Al Jefferson.Coach Nate McMillan tells me: “We felt he could play that role that we got from Al. He’s still a guy that can play and he’s going to be our fifth big.”

– via TwitterScottAgness

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/1194825/

Everytime I see the name O'Quinn I think of the movie Stepfather :lol:. Google Terry O'Quinn it's freaking hilarious. The movie was about an evil Stepfather but his mug is just funny to look at. He played that role perfectly. 

I guess we are using O'Quinn in Al Jefferson's role and are going to use TJ Leaf this year in Trevor Booker's old role.

Looking forward to this year. Kevin Pritchard did exactly what he said he would. Keep his top 7 from last year for chemistry's sake, and add good pieces to it in FA.