Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Toronto is a very deep team. Maybe deepest 1-10 in the league. Got two of every position. 

PG: Lowry/Vanvleet

SG: D. Green/CJ Miles/Wright

SF: Leonard/Anunoby/Powell

PF: Ibaka/ Siakam

C: Valunciunis

Play small with Ibaka at center...have two really good pgs...nice wing defenders in Green, Leonard, and Anunoby....can shoot the three with Green, Miles, Lowry, Vanvleet etc....that's a very nice team if you ask me. It all hinges on Kawhi but if he wants to get paid next offseason he needs to play well. I think they finish first in the East again....anything can happen in the playoffs.

It dont matter who is there I doubt he will want to in Toronto 

If Toronto has a deep playoff run (ECF or the Finals) I could see Kawhi re-signing there. 

Honestly if Kawhi was smart he should stay in the East. Kawhi (assuming hes back to himself) will probably be the best player in the East and the road is not nearly as tough as it is out West. He could do some things in the East.

And as stated earlier, nobody thought PG was going to re-sign with OKC. So never say never. Kawhi could definitely do the same.

20 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

If Toronto has a deep playoff run (ECF or the Finals) I could see Kawhi re-signing there. 

Honestly if Kawhi was smart he should stay in the East. Kawhi (assuming hes back to himself) will probably be the best player in the East and the road is not nearly as tough as it is out West. He could do some things in the East.

And as stated earlier, nobody thought PG was going to re-sign with OKC. So never say never. Kawhi could definitely do the same.

I agree.  If he's so adamant about playing in LA, he can either go to the Lakers and be in LeBron's shadow, or go to the Clippers who aren't going to be competitive in the West and will still be in LeBron's LA shadow

• Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 8:18 AM, RockThatBlue said:

But what is Kawhi's motivation.   About anything.?

What is most important to him?   What has he said he cares about?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

But what is Kawhi's motivation.   About anything.?

What is most important to him?   What has he said he cares about?

Very true...he hasn't said anything...he won't speak for himself...just people around him supposedly leaking stuff to the media. I used to really really like Kawhi...but personally I've lost all respect for him because he can't be a man and speak his mind. He has had numerous chances and while SA might have done some things wrong in all this Kawhi has handled this about as wrong as one can. I don't think I would want him on the Pacers unless he was to get rid of his friends and grow some balls and man up....until then...I don't want him poisoning my team.

• Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:43 AM, 21isSuperman said:

I agree.  If he's so adamant about playing in LA, he can either go to the Lakers and be in LeBron's shadow, or go to the Clippers who aren't going to be competitive in the West and will still be in LeBron's LA shadow

The thing is....who really knows where he wants to go? He has never said anything himself....just reports....and who knows where the reports are coming from....perhaps Lakers are using the media to scare teams away (possibly like PG) to keep his market value down so they can get him themselves. Maybe they are paying people around him to say these things....I wouldn't put anything past anyone these days....sports, politics, I mean everything is so sleazy dirty these days.

Kevin Love....4 more years with the Cavs  ...an extension..

No no trade clause..but its ironic that Kyrie left, LBJ left and Love stayed.

Like the Pacers, they said 'no' to tanking......

Looks like they'll re-sign Larry Nance, too....

..He's from Cleveland and you need to lock down hometown guys

No word on Rodney Hood

Looks like we almost signed JJ Reddick. Philly upped offer at last minute.

JJ Redick: “I almost signed with Indy. I was an hour away, two hours away, I was very close. I had a 5:00 PM deadline… it was 12:30, 1:00 in the afternoon when Philly changed the offer… I had a whole conversation with Nate McMillan.”

– via Twitter

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/1197526/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, w87r said:

JJ Redick: “I almost signed with Indy. I was an hour away, two hours away, I was very close. I had a 5:00 PM deadline… it was 12:30, 1:00 in the afternoon when Philly changed the offer… I had a whole conversation with Nate McMillan.”

– via Twitter

Would've been a nice signing but we probably wouldn't have signed Tyreke.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, w87r said:

– via Twitter

I wanted him too but like Rock said had we signed him, no Tyreke. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can definately see what Pritchard was looking to add....first with McBuckets and then JJ.....he was going after shooters big time! Might be a reason he was so eager to let Lance walk. Not sure if JJ would have been better than Evans but I can see his plan...and looks like he was likely going to play Vic at the point to close games out it would seem....or at least major minutes.

I just don't think Chris Paul will be there when you need him to. He gets older every year....you just hope he is healthy for the playoffs but I think last year was the year. I don't think that team is better this year after losing Ariza (a key defender on Durant), Moute another plus defender, and with Paul getting older. Carmelo isn't helping that team....he is basically Ryan Anderson now....that window I think is shut unless they pull of a big trade...and another year from now....they are going to regret that Chris Paul contract.

10 hours ago, dgambill said:

I just don't think Chris Paul will be there when you need him to. He gets older every year....you just hope he is healthy for the playoffs but I think last year was the year. I don't think that team is better this year after losing Ariza (a key defender on Durant), Moute another plus defender, and with Paul getting older. Carmelo isn't helping that team....he is basically Ryan Anderson now....that window I think is shut unless they pull of a big trade...and another year from now....they are going to regret that Chris Paul contract.

No doubt //but they apparently are willing to pay for another shot at the title..

.. they upgrade the offense with Carmelo..who averaged 16 ppg.in a bad year

..and that's a good starting lineup with Capela, PJ Tucker, Melo, Chris Paul and James Harden

Eric Gordon coming off the bench..with Anderson and Gerald Green.

Thats a really good offensive team..

I'm not sure that Carmelo wont help them..he wants to play with Chris Paul.

It is up to Paul like you suggest…..GSW could not handle him at all last year..

Edited by oldunclemark

33 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

No doubt //but they apparently are willing to pay for another shot at the title..

.. they upgrade the offense with Carmelo..who averaged 16 ppg.in a bad year

..and that's a good starting lineup with Capela, PJ Tucker, Melo, Chris Paul and James Harden

Eric Gordon coming off the bench..with Anderson and Gerald Green.

Thats a really good offensive team..

I'm not sure that Carmelo wont help them..he wants to play with Chris Paul.

It is up to Paul like you suggest…..GSW could not handle him at all last year..

Melo is a Chemistry wrecker and doesn't play Defense. I still don't see them getting by the Warriors.

Super early prediction. If the Lakers avoid the Warriors until the WCFinals, those 2 teams will be in it. The LeBron factor + I think Ball and Ingram both will be much improved. They also now have Championship experience on their team. Rondo was a nice pickup for them. Kuzma will be getting all kinds of looks from 3 much like Love did in Cleveland.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Super early prediction. If the Lakers avoid the Warriors until the WCFinals, those 2 teams will be in it. The LeBron factor + I think Ball and Ingram both will be much improved. They also now have Championship experience on their team. Rondo was a nice pickup for them. Kuzma will be getting all kinds of looks from 3 much like Love did in Cleveland.  

I really like Rondo with LeBron because he isnt in awe of him

..and LeBron will play off-the-ball when Rondo has the ball...

I dont know about Ball with LBJ....Lonzo seems easily intimidated and LeBron inadvertantly intimidates his teammates into not doing everything they can do.

But Ingram and Kuzma should benefit from LeBron just being out there..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Melo is a Chemistry wrecker and doesn't play Defense. I still don't see them getting by the Warriors.

Chris Paul and Carmelo have known each other a long time....they'll get along fine and Melo will play better.

........... Houston won what..6 of 11 from Golden State last year?

Many like you concede the title to Golden State already..

It was close last year

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Chris Paul and Carmelo have known each other a long time....they'll get along fine and Melo will play better.

........... Houston won what..6 of 11 from Golden State last year?

Many like you concede the title to Golden State already..

It was close last year

We will see but I just can't see anyone beating that stacked team 4 out of 7. They should be going on a 5-Peat LOL. Cavs beat them in 2016 and that was only because Green got suspended and turned the whole series around. Durant wasn't on that team either.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will see but I just can't see anyone beating that stacked team 4 out of 7. They should be going on a 5-Peat LOL. Cavs beat them in 2016 and that was only because Green got suspended and turned the whole series around. Durant wasn't on that team either.

No, if Chris Paul doesnt get hurt..Houston is the NBA champ right now, right?.

Carmelo wont go 0-for-10 in the biggest game like Ariza did

The Warriors need home court......and they didnt really try for it last year.

It almost cost them..and they're a year older.  GSW has been very, very lucky that the injuries they've had didnt extend into the post-season...

Cousins?  Lets just see when he will be able to play and how well he will be able to fit in.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

No, if Chris Paul doesnt get hurt..Houston is the NBA champ right now, right?.

Carmelo wont go 0-for-10 in the biggest game like Ariza did

The Warriors need home court......and they didnt really try for it last year.

It almost cost them..and they're a year older.  GSW has been very, very lucky that the injuries they've had didnt extend into the post-season...

Cousins?  Lets just see when he will be able to play and how well he will be able to fit in.

I am one of those that still thinks Warriors would've won last year had CP3 played in Game 7. Warriors were winning Game 6 at home no matter what anyway.

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am one of those that still thinks Warriors would've won last year had CP3 played in Game 7. Warriors were winning Game 6 at home no matter what anyway.

Easy to say now.........Chris Paul was dominating..and even without him...Houston led both games 6 (61-51) and 7 (54-43) at the half .

I dont agree that GSW magically wins both games even with Paul in the lineup..

...but 4-3 is 4-3

23 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think the Lakers may use some unorthodox lineups..

They could play LeBron at center....with Kuzma and Ingram, Hart and Lonzo//.

Hart at 6-foot-5..is the smallest guy out there

Lonzo could push the ball ..and if they get slowed..LeBron take sover

Hart seems like a good defender

Then they could come off the bench with LaValle McGee, Michael Beasley,  Rondo, Lance and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

KCP is a good 3-shooter..Beasley can score..McGee is usually bad but he tries hard and Lance will really fire up the 'Hollywood' crowd

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I think the Lakers may use some unorthodox lineups..

They could play LeBron at center....with Kuzma and Ingram, Hart and Lonzo//.

Hart at 6-foot-5..is the smallest guy out there

Lonzo could push the ball ..and if they get slowed..LeBron take sover

Hart seems like a good defender

Then they could come off the bench with LaValle McGee, Michael Beasley,  Rondo, Lance and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

KCP is a good 3-shooter..Beasley can score..McGee is usually bad but he tries hard and Lance will really fire up the 'Hollywood' crowd

They are my darkhorse in the West. Most people are assuming that it will be the Warriors and Rockets again but not so sure on that one. I actually think even OKC will be better now with Melo gone. PG is situated and when Roberson was healthy OKC won like 10 games in a row during a stretch. I think what he brings on Defense is overlooked. 

35 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Easy to say now.........Chris Paul was dominating..and even without him...Houston led both games 6 (61-51) and 7 (54-43) at the half .

I dont agree that GSW magically wins both games even with Paul in the lineup..

...but 4-3 is 4-3

Thing of it is when the Warriors were down 3-2 before we weren't sure if CP3 would play in Game 7, I still said Warriors in 7 right here on this thread. Regarding being down at the Half, it was fools gold for Houston fans. We all know the Warriors play lazy in 1st Half of games and then blow teams out of the water in the 3rd QTR. They were doing that all season.

34 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Whats everyones expectations for the Pacers this coming year? ECF possibly?

I think they can get to the '3' seed.....

I think Boston is better......I have doubts about Philadelphia..

I think Kawhi Leonard has been healthy for months...he just didnt want to play in S.A. anymore.

I thnk hes been doggin it.

He'll be ready to roll in Toronto.

If the Pacers vs. Toronto is the East semifinals...that might be as far as we can go.....

If we don't see Toronto or Boston until the East finals...we could certainly get there.

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 9:13 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thing of it is when the Warriors were down 3-2 before we weren't sure if CP3 would play in Game 7, I still said Warriors in 7 right here on this thread. Regarding being down at the Half, it was fools gold for Houston fans. We all know the Warriors play lazy in 1st Half of games and then blow teams out of the water in the 3rd QTR. They were doing that all season.

You also said the GSW would sweep Houston,  remember?

Its easy to brag now....but nobody was here saying that when Houston was up 3-2 and 10 points in Game 6

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I think Kawhi Leonard has been healthy for months...he just didnt want to play in S.A. anymore.

If the Pacers vs. Toronto is the East semifinals...that might be as far as we can go.....

If we don't see Toronto or Boston until the East finals...we could certainly get there.

Its easy to brag now....but nobody was here saying that when Houston was up 3-2 and 10 points in Game 6

You need to go back and look. I never said the Warriors would sweep Houston.

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I had Warriors in 6, lets not get goofy now :lol: I even had the Cavs taking the Warriors 6.

If this team plays to its full potential, I think Eastern Conference Finals is a possibility.  I think the X factor is Myles Turner.  If he can really work on his game and become a 20/10 guy, this team can reach the ECF.  The loss of Lance's energy and hustle might also hurt, but can be overcome.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

If this team plays to its full potential, I think Eastern Conference Finals is a possibility.  I think the X factor is Myles Turner.  If he can really work on his game and become a 20/10 guy, this team can reach the ECF.  The loss of Lance's energy and hustle might also hurt, but can be overcome.

Agree on Turner. How he grows will depend on how good the Pacers truly can be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2018 at 8:25 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I had Warriors in 6, lets not get goofy now :lol: I even had the Cavs taking the Warriors 6.

CBE.... No. No.   after the first game..you did say GSW-Houston was a sweep.

You said it was 'over'    OVER!.  Remember?

You said Houston had their chance to win and they would be done in 4.

Remember?:bossy:

On 8/5/2018 at 8:41 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

51-31, 4th Seed. Will win 1st Round Playoff series. After that it's a tough call because not sure who the #1 Seed will be? 

Vegas Over-Under odds...have us winning 47 1/2 games this coming season.

I want to make sure to watch that 'half win'  :censored2:

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:16 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lakers have to make the playoffs. I don't see Lebron playing 82 games again during the regular season....which only got the Cavs to a 4 seed.....in the EAST...put him and that Laker squad in the West....they are going to have to scrap for the 8 seed....trust me...it won't come easy...and we've seen dejected Lebron before..it could get ugly out there.