Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The rivalry is back on

NannyMcafee

On 4/20/2018 at 11:31 AM, Reality Check said:

Speaking on behalf of myself & many other NE fans I know, I have not heard one NE fan who considers "Colts vs Pats" a current NFL rivalry....based on the results of the past 5 yrs.

As a matter of fact, this particular Thursday night game is being welcomed by NE fans from the standpoint that they drew "an easy matchup" for their mandatory Thursday game and it will leave them with 10 days to prepare for a primetime matchup vs. the Chiefs.

Yet Pats fans continue spew vitriol over Deflate gate and regurgitate nonsense regarding Deflate gate curses towards Colts fans. They are angry because they were hurt to their core over what happened to their beloved Brady. 

Maybe the recent on-field results don't merit this being a rivalry but it goes much deeper than that and we all know it.  The bad blood that exists between the two franchises and fan bases is what makes it a rivalry now.  Ballard tried to cool things down but like he said...now...it's back on!  That is the mandate that has been given for the Colts organization to rise to the challenge of making this a rivalry again.  Not too hard to comprehend.

19 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Yet Pats fans continue spew vitriol over Deflate gate and regurgitate nonsense regarding Deflate gate curses towards Colts fans. They are angry because they were hurt to their core over what happened to their beloved Brady. 

Maybe the recent on-field results don't merit this being a rivalry but it goes much deeper than that and we all know it.  The bad blood that exists between the two franchises and fan bases is what makes it a rivalry now.  Ballard tried to cool things down but like he said...now...it's back on!  That is the mandate that has been given for the Colts organization to rise to the challenge of making this a rivalry again.  Not too hard to comprehend.

Not sure why/where my post indicated anything to do with "Deflategate"?  Considering it was driven by Grigson/Pagano, I do not see where/why it has any ties to the current cast running the Colt's organization??

Are you just trying to fan the flames in hopes that a rivalry will emerge.....in this forum?  Haha.... gotta love the off-season bantering!!

22 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I know lots of folks want to feel there is a rivalry 

ri·val·ry

ˈrīvəlrē/

noun

competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field.

We have the first part, the second has been elusive for years

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 6:37 PM, crazycolt1 said:

It's hard to have a long term rivalry when the Colts have moved from conference and divisions three times.

Yeah. The Colts -NE might be one of the few exceptions. Most rivalries are inter-division. Althought Colts -NE started off inter-division and was a rivalry at that time.

I think the Steelers and Browns are too.

It doesn't matter who has the better record between them either.

hmm wonder if Frank will thank Mcdofus for the job after the game especially If we win? Or what choice words would be said :P. 

i can only imagine what it would be like in the box with Ballard as we are leading by 14 in the 4th with 2 minutes to go lol in Foxboro