Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will The Saints Go 16-0 And Get To The Sb To Stick It To The League?

chad72

When the Spygate thing broke out, the Pats looked like a team on a mission. Yes, free agents Randy Moss and Wes Welker had a bigger impact on them going for 16-0 than anything else. But it did seem like the Pats' motivation was at an extra high level every time they took the field.

This might be the wrong time to pose the question but could we see that same kind of added motivation for the Saints to show the league they can win without playing dirty on the strength of their offense and timely plays on D and go 16-0???

The key here to me is if Sean Payton and any of his players gets suspended for an extended period of time. Draft picks, Gregg Williams banned for a year or two etc. will not matter for this year. Only the suspension of Sean Payton and possibly some of his players will matter.

Thoughts????

If Gregg Williams gets a suspension, it won't really affect them because he isn't with the team anymore. Now they have Spags, who is a better D coordinator in my opinion. As long as they can get this contract stuff figured out with Brees, they'll still be a solid team. I highly doubt they go 16-0 because they could end up losing free agents like Nicks and Colston. Plus, the NFC South is not a bad division; the Falcons are decent and should be better next year if Matty Ice can bounce back, the Panthers just need to fix their defense and they'll be solid, and the Bucs went through an off year, but they have the potential to be a solid team next year. With that said, assuming Brees is back, another 10 win season can pretty much be pencilled in at the start of the year

I don't see that happening. And I'd hate to see it happen, too. Videotaping is one thing, but trying to hurt someone is a whole different monster. It's sickening. Football is inherently violent. These players get paid enough, why tell them to go try to end a career?

I cant see them going 16-0 if they stop playing dirty.

I love this....'i can't see them going 16-0 if they stop playing dirty'....as if they somehow can only win if they have bounties placed on opposing players...comeon guys, I know many are emotional about this...but let's not be stupid/ignorant/dumb. Will they go 16-0? No...but it won't be because 'they stop playing dirty'

Dynasty13, you quote only 10 of my words from my whole quote and proceed to somehow call me out? Im not stupid/ignorant/dumb. Nor am i over emotional about this. Im just saying. If playing "dirty" was a game plan that helped them win before. Taking that game plan out would only lessen their chances of winning. And seeing as they didnt go 16-0 with the bounty stuff, I dont see how they do go 16-0 without it.

Dynasty13, you quote only 10 of my words from my whole quote and proceed to somehow call me out? Im not stupid/ignorant/dumb. Nor am i over emotional about this. Im just saying. If playing "dirty" was a game plan that helped them win before. Taking that game plan out would only lessen their chances of winning. And seeing as they didnt go 16-0 with the bounty stuff, I dont see how they do go 16-0 without it.

No, it won't. It had nothing to do with the gameplan. You don't "gameplan" hits; hits happen on every single play of the game.

When the Spygate thing broke out, the Pats looked like a team on a mission. Yes, free agents Randy Moss and Wes Welker had a bigger impact on them going for 16-0 than anything else. But it did seem like the Pats' motivation was at an extra high level every time they took the field.

This might be the wrong time to pose the question but could we see that same kind of added motivation for the Saints to show the league they can win without playing dirty on the strength of their offense and timely plays on D and go 16-0???

The key here to me is if Sean Payton and any of his players gets suspended for an extended period of time. Draft picks, Gregg Williams banned for a year or two etc. will not matter for this year. Only the suspension of Sean Payton and possibly some of his players will matter.

Thoughts????

Saints season will go down the tubes. And heres why.

- they have low cap space.

- they have reported to franchise brees and wont get a long term contract done

- carl nicks, abrayo franklin, and robert mechem will leave

- wont have enough cap room to sign big FAs

- they will draft bad, due to bad drafts in the past

- start rocky and D will struggle

- 9-7 at best, 3rd place in NFC South

This thread is based around a question that asks if the saints can be like the Patriots and go 16-0 after being disciplined harshly for something. When you say 'And seeing as they didnt go 16-0 with the bounty stuff, I dont see how they do go 16-0 without it' it shows that you missed the whole point of the thread. The Patriots didn't go 16-0 with the video taping, but they did without it....right? That's the whole idea behind this thread...and that's why I questioned your view on it.

As I said before, no the Saints will not go 16-0, but it won't be because they don't have bounties anymore.