Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hines Ward

LUVTHESHOE

Hines is like Marvin. Probably over the hill which is why he played little last year but if he plays for the league minimum I am all over that. Hines Ward is the best blocking WR of ALL TIME. Just for the WR screen play alone he would be worth it lol. But seriously. He isn't with the Steelers because he wants to much and they are cap heavy or they want playing time for youngers receivers. League minimum I would take him. He runs a five yard drag better than anyone and loves to block. Good enough for me.

I swear 1/4 of football fans in south west Ohio are Steelers fans, another 1/4 like random teams, very sad. Im sure last year brought in alot of fans to the Bengals corner.

There are a lot of Bengals fans in Ky. Ohio is a little different lol.

My thing is he was demoted from starter in pittsburgh, what makes us think he is anymore than just a decoy? With us being in rebuild mode does not make much sense to sign a 14 year vet that was not good enough to even start. Hines used to be very effective in the red zone, but not anymore. My in-laws are huge steelers fans and i seen a good share of the black and gold, and from what i see he would not be a good fit for us. I think he should go into coaching, he would make a heck of a WR coach. Now If we want a WR we should go for one that has more upside than a 14 year vet. I'd love to see mike wallace suit up in colts blue, but idt he is going anywhere. Also think he is going to be asking to much.

I'm just going to say it again, I do like the Colston Creamery and the new Cadillac Colston. I also think the newer Nike Air Colston's pretty nice. Ah, the Heat are currently playing the Portland Trail Colston's. Did I mention I like Marques Colston? I also hate the Heat, go Blazers.

Trust me..Reggie is not going to be just a little bit mote and is not going to be willing to sign a one year deal which Hines will go for.

Reggie is still very good. He is still a 100 rec for 1000+ yrds.

Ward has declined by about half each of the last 2 years.

Reggie still nearly had a thousand with Painter and Dan O.

I think Reggie has a good 2 or 3 years left at a high level.

Ward had 2 or 3 good years left 5 years ago.

I'm just going to say it again, I do like the Colston Creamery and the new Cadillac Colston. I also think the newer Nike Air Colston's pretty nice. Ah, the Heat are currently playing the Portland Trail Colston's. Did I mention I like Marques Colston? I also hate the Heat, go Blazers.

Unfortunately the Heat won... and Colston would be a good pick up. His injuries are what worry me about him tho.

Y'all know Tom Brady will be 35 before next season, right?

35 is not old for a guy who does not tackle and does not run...

35 is getting old for a guy who gets hit as he throws, or gets sacked. I think he may have had more hits than Peyton. I'm sure the Pats have an adequate backup plan should he go down.

I love Wallace, but I think they will sign him. or franchise him.

They can't afford to franchise tag him. Even after cutting Farrior and Smith, they're only about 8 or 9 million under the cap, and to franchise tag Wallace would count about 9.5 million against their cap space. My point is we're probably going to lose either Garcon or Wayne, with Wayne being the more likely of losses, which would free up the team's WR cap space a bit. Plus I firmly believe the Colts will win at least 9 games next year, so that would mean they wouldn't pick until 20 or later. So I'm perfectly fine giving up a pick such as that for Mike Wallace, especially since Arians coached him.

They can't afford to franchise tag him. Even after cutting Farrior and Smith, they're only about 8 or 9 million under the cap, and to franchise tag Wallace would count about 9.5 million against their cap space. My point is we're probably going to lose either Garcon or Wayne, with Wayne being the more likely of losses, which would free up the team's WR cap space a bit. Plus I firmly believe the Colts will win at least 9 games next year, so that would mean they wouldn't pick until 20 or later. So I'm perfectly fine giving up a pick such as that for Mike Wallace, especially since Arians coached him.

Wallace would be great, I'm not going to get my hopes up though. I think it's a possibility if we lose both Reggie and Garçon, then maybe they could pick up a young WR later in the draft or maybe in the first or second round next year.