Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bad news for Maurice Hurst

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I'm always surprised this stuff comes out at the Combine.  Don't colleges screen for these things during a player's collegiate career?  I would have thought something as serious as this would have been discovered before the Combine

So true

Bad? Nah, this is a good thing for him. Sucks for his NFL career, but what good is a career as a player if you're dead? I'd be grateful

As far as medical testing: The colleges aren't willing to spend this kinda $ needed to get the same battery of test that prospects will get here in Indy. College they just get your standard physical. Here, they're getting EVERYTHING from blood work, oxygen levels, cardiograms, etc. These things are only caught in college when the student collapse or they go in for another reason associated with the condition

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

I'm always surprised this stuff comes out at the Combine.  Don't colleges screen for these things during a player's collegiate career?  I would have thought something as serious as this would have been discovered before the Combine

If we didn't know any better it would seem like colleges are OK exploiting players for profit... 

10 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Colleges don't give a flying "F" about these guys.  What really surprises me is that there hasn't been a class action lawsuit about concussions like the NFL had.  NCAA has way bigger pockets than the NFL.