Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Patriot dynasty is finally over.

dodsworth

The winning mentally is very strong with Patriots, and after the SB loss I’m sure that BBK will get together and at the very least be fully committed to another push for that six SB ring. They will still be very competitive in the AFC next season barring an injury to Brady, but as other have stated, NFC is no joke, and it will be difficult to overcome them in the SB. 

Overall the NFL is getting more competitive with fewer joke teams, so it is highly unlikely that we will see a new dynasty anytime soon. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this hilarious; it is a quote from Lane Johnson of the Eagles. If it has already been posted, my apologies. (Edit: The following appears too large. Perhaps a mod can put it in a quote box. I cannot do it on my phone. Thank you.)

"I just think that The Patriot Way is a fear-based organization. Obviously, do they win? Hell yes, they win. They’ve won for a long time. Do I think people enjoy and can say, ‘I had a lot of fun playing there’? No, I don’t. That’s just the God’s honest truth. Are they successful? Well when they go to interviews, they act like ------- robots. Hey, stop being a d---head. We can be cordial for a little bit. You only get to do this job one time, so let’s have fun while we’re doing it. Not to be reckless, but I would much rather have fun and win a Super Bowl than be miserable and win five Super Bowls. But hey, it is what it is."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/11/eagles-lane-johnson-patriots-fear-based-organization

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I found this hilarious; it is a quote from Lane Johnson of the Eagles. If it has already been posted, my apologies. (Edit: The following appears too large. Perhaps a mod can put it in a quote box. I cannot do it on my phone. Thank you.)

"I just think that The Patriot Way is a fear-based organization. Obviously, do they win? Hell yes, they win. They’ve won for a long time. Do I think people enjoy and can say, ‘I had a lot of fun playing there’? No, I don’t. That’s just the God’s honest truth. Are they successful? Well when they go to interviews, they act like ------- robots. Hey, stop being a d---head. We can be cordial for a little bit. You only get to do this job one time, so let’s have fun while we’re doing it. Not to be reckless, but I would much rather have fun and win a Super Bowl than be miserable and win five Super Bowls. But hey, it is what it is."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/11/eagles-lane-johnson-patriots-fear-based-organization

Well, seeing as how there are only two players in the history of the league who've won 5 Super Bowls, I think Lane Johnson is kind of speaking out of turn here. How would he know? LOL...

Most players who've come through New England would tell you that it was pretty fun playing meaningful football games every season. 

21 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I gonna be honest with ya since I respect you so much. I wanted BB & the Pats to proceed with Jimmy G & part peacefully with Brady & see how long you could have kept the Lombardi trophy train going. Jimmy would've been instrumental in acquiring at least 2 more rings. I seriously believe that. 

I know it's never easy to part ways with a HOF QB like Brady but Kraft made a mistake retaining Brady at his age like Jules said earlier. Jimmy would have kept NE relevant for the next 10-12 yrs. I'm not slamming Tom. I admire his impressive level of success. I truly do. All I'm saying is this: No trainer regardless of how well his methods may be can keep a QB playing forever. Jimmy was due to take over the reins. It was time & Mr. Kraft let his affection for Tom blur his objectivity. Robert is a smart guy who made a fatal mistake for his franchise's future. JMO. 

Time will tell.  i like Jimmy G. a great deal, but he has only played a handful of games.  Would of love to have him as a QB, but lets see how he does over a 3 or 4 season resume, how his health holds up before we can get a good gauge on him.

At the same time if TB plays for 3-5 more years at or near an elite level and we get a solid replacement, history may very view the transition in perhaps a different light than the present view. 

11 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I saw this and thought it was funny.  To be honest, in the end of the day, i truly wonder how many players truly want to make sacrifices to win and how many are just content on it being a job, going to work, getting pay, enjoy playing the sport and if they win great, if not no worries.

I do think however, there is a portion of the NFL pool of players are willing to make sacrifices to win and the ones that the Pats players make.  As a fan i will take that any Sunday to have players on my favorite team to be ones that want to win.  

Am a big fan of the Montreal Canadiens, and one of the players from that 70s team, i forget it might of been Steve Shutt, said you hate Scottie Bowman for 364 days of a year and love him on the day you win the cup.  Kind of the same thing with BB.

On February 13, 2018 at 7:49 PM, Yehoodi said:

Time will tell.  i like Jimmy G. a great deal, but he has only played a handful of games.  Would of love to have him as a QB, but lets see how he does over a 3 or 4 season resume, how his health holds up before we can get a good gauge on him.

At the same time if TB plays for 3-5 more years at or near an elite level and we get a solid replacement, history may very view the transition in perhaps a different light than the present view. 

If TB12 wins another SB before walking away from football, I agree that it will soften the blow of trading Jimmy G. to the 49ers & satisfy both Kraft & your fanbase that the sky isn't falling meaning that your franchise is still very good. 

Is it possible that BB can find another QB in the later rounds as talented as Jimmy? Maybe, but the odds aren't in NE's favor. Jimmy G. was the perfect transition guy to proceed from Brady and making the right transition from 1 QB to another is so hard. The best one I ever saw was from Montana to Young. You could also mention Favre to Rogers in GB I guess. I just don't think there's any way Brady can play ball at an elite level until age 45 even with all the referee protection flags starting field generals get in an average game. 

I know the Jimmy G trade is a done deal & what's done is done, but Jimmy would have kept your team racking up rings. I do applaud Brady for wanting to continue the grind of film study & practices in his 40's though because that level of focus & concentration is so difficult to maintain yr after yr & what can BB say to motivate him at this stage in his career? I know he's a self motivator & driven but still...That level of consistency & commitment isn't easy to preserve after a decade. 

If INDY went from Manning to Luck, I kinda wanted to see the Jimmy G era blossom. It would have been fascinating. I know as a Colts fan, I shouldn't be promoting that, but I love smooth transitions with no drop off in production whatsoever. Like oh, you expected us to fall off a cliff? Sorry to disappoint the naysayers out there. LOL! 

On 14/02/2018 at 1:49 AM, Yehoodi said:

You will never get a gauge on him at 49ers. The patriots, and belichiks methods are so unique that you went get a fair assessment with him elsewhere. Look at cassel, he won with the Patriots and sucked elsewhere. Jr would have done better with the Patriots than he well anywhere else.

On February 13, 2018 at 8:17 AM, NFLfan said:

Thanks for this post NFLfan. What I found hilarious was how Colin Cowherd on FS1 was so upset & got a bee in his bonnet off what Lane Johnson said. It was almost as if Colin took it as a slight that the Pats were being criticized for their level of Lombardi success. No, that's not it at all Cowherd. All Lane is really saying is this: Because of having won 5 rings under the Brady/Belichick era, that organization can basically tell new Foxboro players just shut the hades up, fall in line, do exactly what we tell ya, or we will release you right now. That approach makes guys tense & not loose which is what a team must be to win hardware in high pressure situations like the playoffs or the SB. 

One of the reasons Chris Long left Boston for Philly is that he got tired of his limited role as a pass rusher in precise gap control assignments & he felt like all the tools in his toolbox weren't be utilized to their maximum potential. Basically, all Johnson is saying is that there's more than 1 way to win a ring & the buttoned up, no humor, stoic faced approach doesn't work for every other club. I agree with that assessment actually. And I hear Willie & Tedy talk about oh we have plenty of fun. Winning rings is very fun. I just shake my head because both these defensive players have completely missed Lane Johnson's point & Cowherd needs to lighten up. 

Many have tried to stick a fork in the Patriots ..going back to 2002.  Personally, as others have said, I think that we are currently at "the beginning of the end"...but they are not "dead" yet.  Additionally, I believe they cou;ld have extended their record-braking dominance another 5-10yrs had they chosen to keep Jimmy G....but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Here is a nice "Patriots are done" article from Oct 2017.  Again, it was somewhat premature given some of the prognosticating in the article....

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/xwg7mj/rejoice-the-new-england-patriots-suck

21 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Many have tried to stick a fork in the Patriots ..going back to 2002.  Personally, as others have said, I think that we are currently at "the beginning of the end"...but they are not "dead" yet.  Additionally, I believe they cou;ld have extended their record-braking dominance another 5-10yrs had they chosen to keep Jimmy G....but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Here is a nice "Patriots are done" article from Oct 2017.  Again, it was somewhat premature given some of the prognosticating in the article....

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/xwg7mj/rejoice-the-new-england-patriots-suck

Patriots still have at least next season where IMO their SB window is open, after that not sure as Brady is getting older. BB may only Coach 1 more year as well. Their Defense isn't Good right now either. We will see. I give them next season probably going 12-4 or so and at least making the Final 4 again.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Patriots still have at least next season where IMO their SB window is open, after that not sure as Brady is getting older. BB may only Coach 1 more year as well. Their Defense isn't Good right now either. We will see. I give them next season probably going 12-4 or so and at least making the Final 4 again.

IMO, until Brady shows us his "human" side on the field, we will all continue to say "one more year".  At the same time, by definition, we are looking at the Brady/Pats success as a "one year at a time" proposition.....

As you insinuate, the loss of Brady or BB signifies "the end is now upon us".

On 2/5/2018 at 10:25 AM, csmopar said:

Far too early to make that statement. They've lost coaches and players in the past, they came bouncing right back. 

Yeah but McDoush is only staying in New England so he can replace the Hoodie IMO that is a big story considering there was tension when Kraft & Belichick  decided to trad Jimmy G plus 1 more year under contract for the Hoodie ? if true means he is on his way out .

yes they have lost players & coaches in the past & still looked good .

Trading JG ? Because Tommy Boy did'nt want him breathing down his neck The Patriots failed & lost to a back up , TB dropped that pass & fumbled the ball late to set up the loss it was fun to watch the Eagles Win .

And while it is premature to call this the end , I will just say we've seen cracks in there armor they are not what they were & IMO that was there last SB with Brady the End no but it is the beginning & they have no back up plan , Brady's age is catching up with him despite the I can play till I'm 45 stuff , I can't wait till he goes down with no plan in place .

McDoush drafted Tebow his track record as a HC is nothing special even if he won a playoff game the thought of the Hoodie leaving & that guy taking over for this Colts fan just don't make sense but to me it is awesome To many EGO's someones gotta go ..