Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay Met With Peyton Last Week

MTC

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've met and talked a lot over the past while; he has said this many times. It was Grigs who said he hadn't met with Peyton until recently and when they did chat, it was just a quick 10 mins talk. Then, guys like La Confora extrapolate this and say Manning is isolated and feels alienated and doesn't want to be in Indy anymore and that there are tensions between the Colts and Peyton.

They've met and talked a lot over the past while; he has said this many times. It was Grigs who said he hadn't met with Peyton until recently and when they did chat, it was just a quick 10 mins talk. Then, guys like La Confora extrapolate this and say Manning is isolated and feels alienated and doesn't want to be in Indy anymore and that there are tensions between the Colts and Peyton.

And people wonder why Grigs and Pagano don't seem to want to answer any Peyton questions.

Exactly. Then LaConfora reports that Peyton could be released "as soon as the week following the SB". "As soon as..." and "could be" are meaningless qualifiers. You can never be wrong.

He also reported that the sun "could burn out as soon as tomorrow". And he's correct.

Exactly. Then LaConfora reports that Peyton could be released "as soon as the week following the SB". "As soon as..." and "could be" are meaningless qualifiers. You can never be wrong.

He also reported that the sun "could burn out as soon as tomorrow". And he's correct.

The funniest thing was when Irsay and Peyton came out with the joint statement. He was like "The statement said nothing about Peyon's future with the team, meaning he has no future with the team." My first thought was the statement also said nothing about what Peyton's meal was that day, meaning he is on a hunger strike

Ok, so they've met. They have met "more than most February's".

Don't you think if PM was coming back they would go ahead and put it out there by now? There's been no movement. What could happen in the next 12 days that already hasn't happened that would make PM's miraculous return to Indy?

They're most likely trying to decide the ways to make this an amicable split so neither side gets beat up too bad from the media and looks like the bad guy.

Don't you think if PM was coming back they would go ahead and put it out there by now? There's been no movement. What could happen in the next 12 days that already hasn't happened that would make PM's miraculous return to Indy?

They're most likely trying to decide the ways to make this an amicable split so neither side gets beat up too bad from the media and looks like the bad guy.

It's just as likely that they're discussing his rehab and potential alterations to Manning's standing contract. Neither side has any reason to have resolved this situation as of yet. I give it to the middle of/late next week. We should finally be able to put this to rest and move on.

Then we can all be at each others throats and argue endlessly about how long Manning should supplant Luck.

It's just as likely that they're discussing his rehab and potential alterations to Manning's standing contract. Neither side has any reason to have resolved this situation as of yet. I give it to the middle of/late next week. We should finally be able to put this to rest and move on.

Then we can all be at each others throats and argue endlessly about how long Manning should supplant Luck.

Or maybe they met to simply discuss Tiger Woods.

We all remember how long it took to make up Mannings contract last year... i read nothing into the time it has taken for them to reach an agreement on his immediate future.

There is absolutely no reason for either side to do anything until the 8th, with the exception of Manning throwing for the Colts on the 7th, and that may not even be necessary.

Ok guys. You're right and 99% of the guys who know something on the inside of this situation and have more informed opinions on this are wrong. Peyton Manning is coming back, and he is gonna finish out his last 4 or 5 years here; and we are gonna sit a guy we take #1 overall for all of that time until master Peyton is ready to retire.

Ok guys. You're right and 99% of the guys who know something on the inside of this situation and have more informed opinions on this are wrong. Peyton Manning is coming back, and he is gonna finish out his last 4 or 5 years here; and we are gonna sit a guy we take #1 overall for all of that time until master Peyton is ready to retire.

Who are those guys 'on the inside'? Was LaConfora or Shefty right with their inside source of Peyton being released after the SB and before the Combine?

I'll believe what Irsay and Peyton say until one of them proves to be a liar.

Guys on the inside-- yes Schefter, La canfora, but also local media; Kravitz, Chappelle, or how about Clayton, Mort, Florio, um and everyone else. No one thinks they'll bring him back because it is not a scenario that would make any sense beyond emotion.

Again, none of those guys are 'on the inside'. They've all given false reports (noodle arm, release after the SB, etc.).

I'll ask again, what have the only two people who count, Irsay and Manning, said that proves Peyton will be gone?

No one thinks they'll bring him back because it is not a scenario that would make any sense beyond emotion.

I don't know how you see it, but if I don't have or need emotions while watching sports then I can immediately go fishing or do something similar useless (like, watching ice curling or stuff).

Again, none of those guys are 'on the inside'. They've all given false reports (noodle arm, release after the SB, etc.).

I'll ask again, what have the only two people who count, Irsay and Manning, said that proves Peyton will be gone?

Seems like you think Irsay's good on his word.

Remember this? How did that work out?

Seems like you think Irsay's good on his word.

Remember this? How did that work out?

Sorry it's going to take more than Irsay changing his mind two months after he said something to be convinced the man isn't honest. I took more out of that that Irsay was saying it was little out there to be calling for the Polian's job at 0-8. Things changed as the season went along he's aloud to do that. Just because he changed his mind once doesn't mean he isn't honest. For the most part Irsay have been extremely honest with people. I wouldn't even say he wasn't being honest here, he was probably being very honest about how he felt about at the time but changed his mind down the road. He said when he fired the Polians that he had come to the decision the night before and this was said in November. It's not like Irsay said this right after the Jags game and then fired them 24 hours later.

And Irsay said he wants Peyton back but he didnt say he wants him back at all costs. He is honest but he didn't tell everyone the full truth. The full truth is he really wants Peyton to retire so there's no way he can look like the bad guy. But he didnt say that.

I don't disagree with that. I know I've heard that from a person who I think is a good source.

Also before someone say's link I don't have one and if people don't want to believe me on this one they don't have to. I'll freely admit ahead of time that my source might not be right but I think they are in a better poistion to know what is going on than me. So don't take this as me saying I have someone who knows for sure what is going to happen because I don't. That's why I haven't brought it up before because I am well aware this person might not be right.

Does the person know or speak to Irsay? And I believe you, I think he wanted PM to retire and I do think someone who knows Irsay well if not Jim himself did say that to Rob Lowe and Lowe boneheaded went viral with it and >>>ed the pooch so to speak when no one wanted him to

Does the person know or speak to Irsay? And I believe you, I think he wanted PM to retire and I do think someone who knows Irsay well if not Jim himself did say that to Rob Lowe and Lowe boneheaded went viral with it and >>>ed the pooch so to speak when no one wanted him to

I don't want to get into to much because I don't want to become the guy who is trying to spark something that is just more speculation. He's in a poistion to know the Irsays and not like the guy who delivers their mail know the Irsays like he enteracts with them. I can say he didn't talk to Jim but there are other Irsays to talk to if you follow me on that. I will keep saying by no means is my guy a lock to be right he could very well be wrong. I only brought it up because I had heard the samething you were hearing and I knew sooner or later someone would ask who I heard it from. WIth that said it's just another voice to be added to the very large pot of voices regarding this.

I think that's why Irsay keeps harking on the health thing it's his out card if he honestly doesn't think Peyton is healthy. Now with that said Mort was on ESPN today saying he had a darn good source telling him Peyton is making really good progress with his arm and the guy on the team that probably knows Peyton the best in Saturday said today it's a lock that Peyton will play in 2012. So there are already signs pointing too Irsay maybe being wrong about Manning's health.

I go back to something I think Mort said during the Super Bowl week, about how it's easy to talk about cutting Peyton in January or February but the closer we got the March and having to really do it he harder it was going to be for Irsay to really do it. I don't think it's a lock by any means that Peyton will be back, in fact I feel he will be released unless Peyton decides to probably take a below market value contract just to say here which with Peyton is possiable but frankly I think Irsay is going to offer Peyton a contract he knows Peyton is going to turn down just so he can say hey I tried to keep Peyton he didn't want to sign the contract. It's a smart PR move on his part.

I'd it's fair to say Irsay wont lie to you about something but that doesn't mean he's going to tell you everything either though.

In regards to Irsay offering PM a contract; couldn't that only happen after picking up the$28 million? isnt it pay that or Peyton becomes a free agent?

If we did that we would have to release Peyton to get out of the old contract before he can sign a new contract which would result in a cap of hit about one third of the sallary cap. That's why this March 8th deadline is so huge because if we release Peyton after it the cap hit becomes crazy huge and we will be paying for it over the life of the contract. If we release him before hand it costs us about 10 million to get out of the contract and it's gone for good no more future cap hits.

What we could do is release him before March 8th take the 10 million hit and then turn around and sign him to a new contract. However if we do that you better bet your bottom dollar the new contract will already be in place before we release him and it will just a formality of signing it once he is released.

Guys on the inside-- yes Schefter, La canfora, but also local media; Kravitz, Chappelle, or how about Clayton, Mort, Florio, um and everyone else. No one thinks they'll bring him back because it is not a scenario that would make any sense beyond emotion.

It makes good business sense partly because fans are emotional and also Peyton would probably win more games than Luck. If Manning restructures to a incentive deal then it makes financial sense as far as the cap goes.

And Irsay said he wants Peyton back but he didnt say he wants him back at all costs. He is honest but he didn't tell everyone the full truth. *****The full truth is he really wants Peyton to retire **so there's no way he can look like the bad guy. But he didnt say that.

Baseless

It makes good business sense partly because fans are emotional and also Peyton would probably win more games than Luck. If Manning restructures to a incentive deal then it makes financial sense as far as the cap goes.

It makes good financial sense because fans are emotional about Peyton??? Good God, I hope Irsay don't make financial decisions based on that, that is completely insane. Also there is no evidence that Manning would restructure to an incentive laden contract. Sure, there were supposed reports saying that he would, but remember that comes from the media and they make everything up so thats obviously not true.

It makes good financial sense because fans are emotional about Peyton??? Good God, I hope Irsay don't make financial decisions based on that, that is completely insane. Also there is no evidence that Manning would restructure to an incentive laden contract. Sure, there were supposed reports saying that he would, but remember that comes from the media and they make everything up so thats obviously not true.

And there's no evidence Manning would not restructure. I understand that report was probably cowpatties. And yes it good business sense to keep a healthy Manning, if he went to another team there could be a short term backlash. A healthy Manning would probably win more games too.

And there's no evidence Manning would not restructure. I understand that report was probably cowpatties. And yes it good business sense to keep a healthy Manning, if he went to another team there could be a short term backlash. A healthy Manning would probably win more games too.

You're right, there probably will be a backlash at first, but people will get over it and still support this team if they are real fans(I hate using that term, but it has proven to be warrented in the last month or so).