Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stampede Blues article

Zoltan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I think I read the other day that John Harbaugh and Bill Belichick are the only 2 active head coaches in the league who started out as special teams coordinators. That doesn't necessarily make me a Toub enthusiast, but I think it's interesting nonetheless.

Belichick did pretty much everything at some point. He's in a category all by himself.

9 hours ago, bleed blue 4 life said:

never know about a head coach since most of the best are taken, Look at Saban , could not win in the nfl , you just never know , getting Luck back is the mist important thing for this team in my opinion , but yes get rid of Chuck , nice guy but no a head coach and take the offensive co ordinate with him 

he isn't a nice guy.

nice guys don't throw everyone else under the bus to save their jobs.  or leak lies to the media to gain public favor.  

21 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I'd pass on Reid.  He has a history of poor clock management and many KC fans are saying he's the part of the reason for their current downhill trend.

There are many games where the Colts' clock management did not matter.  Andy would be an upgrade.

2 minutes ago, Roger said:

There are many games where the Colts' clock management did not matter.  Andy would be an upgrade.

An upgrade, yes. But his clock management issues are a major flaw that have actually cost his teams games, including playoff games. I can't get past that. 

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

And yet no Super Bowl, but then winning it all does not really matter does not it?

No it didn't get us a super bowl but neither did 30 other teams. Like it or not the Colts set NFL records in Luck's first three seasons and it sure wasn't because of coat hangers and duct tape.

13 hours ago, LockeDown said:

It speaks well of his basic nature which I think matters.  we still don't know what his football philosophies are,...probably similar to Ballards.  I suspect they both would like to have A great defense. We as fans complain plenty about a lack of 2nd half adjustments in a game, but how do you know if a coach can excel at that until he actually begins coaching. 

Most coaches who are good at coaching fundamentals do well as a coach. That's all dungy ever preached. 

30 minutes ago, Roger said:

There are plenty of options that would be an upgrade, but we pretty much know what we're getting with Andy Reid.  His teams do relatively well in the regular season, his offenses are conservative, and his teams don't do well in the playoffs.  The point isn't to upgrade; the point is to get a great coach who can lead us to Super Bowl wins

While there's little question at this point that we're going to have a new coaching staff next year, and that we've still got a lot of work to do with the roster, I think the single biggest concern at this point has to be QB.

The Colts need to start planning for the growing possibility that Andrew Luck will never be under center again.  If Luck's out for good, it certainly opens up a whole lot of cap space.  Is JB our full-time solution?  I'm still skeptical on him, but not hopeless.  He has some good attributes and most of his bad ones seem fixable.  And he's still cheap -- which would open up options at key holes in our lineup.

I'm more concerned about this than I am our coaching positions.

3 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

While there's little question at this point that we're going to have a new coaching staff next year, and that we've still got a lot of work to do with the roster, I think the single biggest concern at this point has to be QB.

The Colts need to start planning for the growing possibility that Andrew Luck will never be under center again.  If Luck's out for good, it certainly opens up a whole lot of cap space.  Is JB our full-time solution?  I'm still skeptical on him, but not hopeless.  He has some good attributes and most of his bad ones seem fixable.  And he's still cheap -- which would open up options at key holes in our lineup.

I'm more concerned about this than I am our coaching positions.

What makes you think Luck will never play again? History says otherwise. His type of injury rarely ends a career and he is only 28. Also sometimes it takes a year or so for that injury to heal. I wasn't shocked at all that he didn't play this season. I am just not seeing what some people are seeing in saying he is done. I think QB is the least of our worries as Luck will be back. I am more worried about O.Line and getting pressure on the QB.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What makes you think Luck will never play again? History says otherwise. His type of injury rarely ends a career and he is only 28. Also sometimes it takes a year or so for that injury to heal. I wasn't shocked at all that he didn't play this season. I am just not seeing what some people are seeing in saying he is done. I think QB is the least of our worries as Luck will be back. I am more worried about O.Line and getting pressure on the QB.

Before the season, a very experienced Ortho surgeon I know said there wasn't a very good chance that Luck would play this year and that, if he wasn't able to, his chances of ever returning at anything approaching full strength would go down greatly.

Meanwhile, the team has been overly hopeful on his status -- and now he's having to go overseas looking for answers.  It doesn't look good.

I'm not saying they should throw in the towel on Luck.  But they should be putting together a workable plan B.

On 12/3/2017 at 11:33 AM, crazycolt1 said:

Show the examples of what you say.

You may dislike his coaching but no one who knows him has anything negative to say about him as a person. Quit making up stuff just because you dislike him.

throwing every assistant under the bus to save his job?  

leaking untrue information to the media to garner public favor to save his job?

throwing the players under the bus to save his job?  

whatever this vontae davis thing was.  

open your eyes dude. the picture is painted.  and you don't need glasses to see it

27 minutes ago, dudeski said:

throwing every assistant under the bus to save his job?  

leaking untrue information to the media to garner public favor to save his job?

throwing the players under the bus to save his job?  

whatever this vontae davis thing was.  

open your eyes dude. the picture is painted.  and you don't need glasses to see it

Speaking the truth is not throwing anyone under the bus or is saving your job.

Most people who know Pagano wishes he would speak more truth and not so much coach speak.

Speaking of glasses, you need a new set.

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Most people who know Pagano wishes he would speak more truth and not so much coach speak.

right. right.

most people have connected the dots on the snake in the grass in the locker room.  he can't coach and did everything he could to hide that fact.  pointed the finger everywhere else.  everyone is gone and look what we have.  this is all on him.  he was always the worst of everyone and just sold the coach, gm, owner and players down the river so dudes like you could just smile and clap for the worst coach in colts history and maybe the leagues history.  

7 minutes ago, dudeski said:

right. right.

most people have connected the dots on the snake in the grass in the locker room.  he can't coach and did everything he could to hide that fact.  pointed the finger everywhere else.  everyone is gone and look what we have.  this is all on him.  he was always the worst of everyone and just sold the coach, gm, owner and players down the river so dudes like you could just smile and clap for the worst coach in colts history and maybe the leagues history.  

Dude, you are delusional.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

OMG are still defending a coach that has only had 2 winning seasons since he has been here?   He is a terrible Coach.   It is evident in every game.... it is just amplified without Luck.  

''This team has no vision.  Cannot make adjustments in game or week to week.

His hand picked coaching staff sucks.  None are worth keeping....   the team gets worse week to week.  He is a laughing stock in the media.   With every word out of his mouth he sounds dumber.   

There re is not one single reason he should be the HC of the Colts except he is ensuring a top draft pick and Irsay is a man aof his word

He has used his assistants and the GM as the blame for his horrible coaching.      Nothing gets better no matter what changes as long as this horrible horrible coach is on the sideline.   Except the draft.....

i cannot not wait until he is gone and his minions follow.  

1 minute ago, Coltfreak said:

OMG are still defending a coach that has only had 2 winning seasons since he has been here?   He is a terrible Coach.   It is evident in every game.... it is just amplified without Luck.  

''This team has no vision.  Cannot make adjustments in game or week to week.

His hand picked coaching staff sucks.  None are worth keeping....   the team gets worse week to week.  He is a laughing stock in the media.   With every word out of his mouth he sounds dumber.   

There re is not one single reason he should be the HC of the Colts except he is ensuring a top draft pick and Irsay is a man aof his word

He has used his assistants and the GM as the blame for his horrible coaching.      Nothing gets better no matter what changes as long as this horrible horrible coach is on the sideline.   Except the draft.....

i cannot not wait until he is gone and his minions follow.  

Why are you even making comments to me?

You are null and void.

1 minute ago, Coltfreak said:

Apparently not you read and answered my post.    Stop reading and responding if you don't like what I have to say

Normally I save my ignore for obnoxious Patriot fans. I have ask you numerous time to quite antagonizing me but you don't understand what plain English is.

Your stalking is getting old.

On 12/3/2017 at 7:24 PM, luv_pony_express said:

Before the season, a very experienced Ortho surgeon I know said there wasn't a very good chance that Luck would play this year and that, if he wasn't able to, his chances of ever returning at anything approaching full strength would go down greatly.

Meanwhile, the team has been overly hopeful on his status -- and now he's having to go overseas looking for answers.  It doesn't look good.

I'm not saying they should throw in the towel on Luck.  But they should be putting together a workable plan B.

No offense to your Ortho friend but he really couldn't know without reading Luck's medical file

On 12/4/2017 at 4:29 PM, crazycolt1 said:

Normally I save my ignore for obnoxious Patriot fans. I have ask you numerous time to quite antagonizing me but you don't understand what plain English is.

Your stalking is getting old.

He ain't stalking you dude, just chill no one is making you respond

On 12/6/2017 at 2:30 PM, Colton Stenger said:

No offense to your Ortho friend but he really couldn't know without reading Luck's medical file

Well, the nature of Luck's injury is no particular secret.

And the way this has played out thus far makes my friend's words seem hauntingly prophetic.  Compare that with the team's "Week 1 maybe.  No, week 2.  Week 3?  6?  8? Ah, screw it...send him to Europe."

Again, I'm just saying that I think CB needs to be mindful of what he's going to do if Luck ends up finished.

On 11/30/2017 at 8:26 AM, King Colt said:

The Colts have been rebuilding since Manning left. The Great Wall took less time. Coat hangers and duct tape will take you only so far.

200 years plus some is what it took to build the Great Wall. I know you were exaggerating but 200+ versus what should have been 3 turned into 7.....lol