Ballard to be on JMV today

Steamboat_Shaun

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Ballard:  "Look, its not about one person.... Andrew will be fine..... its going to take some time... not one of the doctors I talked to told me this was a career threatening injury...."  Blah Blah Blah

That's definitely possible, but according to JMV, the Colts reached out to them about Ballard being on the show today, not the other way around.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

That's definitely possible, but according to JMV, the Colts reached out to them about Ballard being on the show today, not the other way around.

Cool, I didn't hear that.  Sometimes while I am on the road 1070 comes and goes on my radio.  I am glad to hear that actually.... here we go, its the "top of the hour"

6 minutes ago, Moe said:

I’ll be listening live from my deer stand!

Damn it.... I am coming this weekend to do some shooting then will be on stand opening morning.  Fortunate for me I have a lifetime license and they still honor it even though I live in Ohio

3 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

JMV has been basically saying that someone in the organization needs to say something the last 2 weeks. He offered his show as a platform and I’m guessing they took him up on his offer. 

Vontae is upset that he hasn't played well in a few weeks.....

Luck, Ballard, Irsay all in a good place Ballard says, says consensus among Dr.'s recently was shut him down and let him rest and rehab......

Ballard says Andrew knows no one in the organization is unhappy with Andrew, and Andrew took no issue with anything Irsay said about the injury and recovery, in the past, or more recently....

Just now, deedub75 said:

Still doesn’t explain why he was left home for a non injury issue when he didn’t play because he was injured. 

most likely he showed his butt in a meeting or skipped one due to being ticked, and if this is the case, the team will never throw him under that bus publicly, so we know about everything on Vontae's situation that we probably ever will....

3 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Still doesn’t explain why he was left home for a non injury issue when he didn’t play because he was injured. 

To me it is the last sentence in the tweet... there is some definite friction no matter what

Just now, deedub75 said:

This is just my opinion here, I think once Davis found out he lost the starting job he brought up the injury as an excuse.

RE: Vontae Davis - In the grand scheme of things, it appears that the team is ready to move on, hence having 8 corner backs on the team.. He was not playing well and was demoted. He is saying the demotion was due to injury, but really it's just an injured ego, from the looks of it.

RE: Andrew Luck - It's somewhat reassuring hearing Ballard say the things that he is saying. However, if the Doctors did say that there was something seriously wrong with Andrew's shoulder, Ballard would say the same exact things that he is saying now. He has to always place a positive spin on things because the Colts and the NFL are a business.

Just now, Flash7 said:

RE: Vontae Davis - In the grand scheme of things, it appears that the team is ready to move on, hence having 8 corner backs on the team.. He was not playing well and was demoted. He is saying the demotion was due to injury, but really it's just an injured ego, from the looks of it.

RE: Andrew Luck - It's somewhat reassuring hearing Ballard say the things that he is saying. However, if the Doctors did say that there was something seriously wrong with Andrew's shoulder, Ballard would say the same exact things that he is saying now. He has to always place a positive spin on things because the Colts and the NFL is a business.

But he wouldn't ruin his credibility for any future jobs by going on the record completely deceiving in an interview either, he isn't leaving things open ended so he can squirm out of the statements he is making here if necessary, he is going on the record as pretty adamant in what he is stating regarding Andrew, Irsay, their relationship with each other as it stands now and has been in the past, as well as what the Doctors consensus advice and assessment was this last week, and in the past.  You don't go on the record pigeonholing yourself in with these statements if they aren't true, because you put future opportunities for yourself at very real risk if you do, and things prove you full of crap as they play out over time....

Just now, Roger said:

That means nothing.  Colts track record in this whole saga is pretty poor.

I kind of agree with you.  I didn't really get excited and wasn't expecting much when JMV said he was coming on today. I expected him to pretty much reiterate what he's already said in the past.  I don't think he's lying at all but I doubt if we're getting 100% of the truth either.  But that's what GMs and coaches do.  They like to control the narrative.

When there's this much smoke around the organization there has to be some fire.  

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

But he wouldn't ruin his credibility for any future jobs by going on the record completely deceiving in an interview either, he isn't leaving things open ended so he can squirm out of the statements he is making here if necessary, he is going on the record as pretty adamant in what he is stating regarding Andrew, Irsay, their relationship with each other as it stands now and has been in the past, as well as what the Doctors consensus advice and assessment was this last week, and in the past.  You don't go on the record pigeonholing yourself in with these statements if they aren't true, because you put future opportunities for yourself at very real risk if you do, and things prove you full of crap as they play out over time....

Those in position to hire Chris Ballard (NFL owners) in the future know exactly what he is doing - protecting the organization. His credibility with us, the fans would be tarnished, but if he is able to keep this ship afloat and maintain ticket sales through all of this uncertainty, then he would actually be adding to his credibility as far as the owners are concerned. 

Just now, Flash7 said:

Those in position to hire Chris Ballard (NFL owners) in the future know exactly what he is doing - protecting the organization. His credibility with us, the fans would be tarnished, but if he is able to keep this ship afloat and maintain ticket sales through all of this uncertainty, then he would actually be adding to his credibility as far as the owners are concerned. 

I see your point

JMV didn't pull any punches. And Ballard took the punches in stride.  Seems sincere and honest. As I've mentioned before I'm trained to interrogate people and didn't pick up on any of the tell tale verbal clues that Ballard wasn't being truth full. That said, I think we got a lot of good answers and I'm reassured that at this time, Luck will be back and better than ever. I also think Chuck will in fact be fired 

3 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

I see your point

Thanks for being agreeable! There are so many times people on the forum argue for the sake of argument. I appreciate it.

Also, I just want to point out that I don't think that Ballard was being dishonest. It's just that I don't think he can definitively address the issue because of the nature of his position within the organization. Only time will tell. His comments are reassuring however, to a degree.

9 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

RE: Andrew Luck - It's somewhat reassuring hearing Ballard say the things that he is saying. However, if the Doctors did say that there was something seriously wrong with Andrew's shoulder, Ballard would say the same exact things that he is saying now. He has to always place a positive spin on things because the Colts and the NFL are a business.

We're not going to get 100% transparency.  I'm sure there are a lot of ifs and buts in regards to Luck's shoulder issues but we're not going to hear about any of that.  If the doctors tell Ballard that rest and rehab is all that Luck needs then that's all we're going to be told.  In the same breath the doctors could have said but if more rest and rehab doesn't work he would have to go under the knife again, we wouldn't know about it until we get a tweet from Irsay AFTER Luck had another surgery.  

What Ballard says doesn't really 100% dispel any rumors about Luck but it also doesn't mean doom and gloom either.  

11 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

We're not going to get 100% transparency.  I'm sure there are a lot of ifs and buts in regards to Luck's shoulder issues but we're not going to hear about any of that.  If the doctors tell Ballard that rest and rehab is all that Luck needs then that's all we're going to be told.  In the same breath the doctors could have said but if more rest and rehab doesn't work he would have to go under the knife again, we wouldn't know about it until we get a tweet from Irsay AFTER Luck had another surgery.  

What Ballard says doesn't really 100% dispel any rumors about Luck but it also doesn't mean doom and gloom either.  

Actually, Ballard was asked directly about if the doctors foresee another surgery and he responded that at this time, another procedure had not been discussed and that right now the shoulder just needs proper rehab and time

3 hours ago, DaColts85 said:
Public Relations

Steve Campbell, Vice President of Communications
Avis Roper, Senior Director of Communications
Matt Conti, Assistant Director of Communications
Christian Edwards, Public Relations Assistant
Pamela Humphrey, Public Relations Coordinato

Every team has a PR department and above is the Indianapolis Colts.  Maybe they are not considered "experts" but I bet they know what they are doing.  Irsay can bend the rules as he signs their paychecks.

And if you think Irsay is asking for their advice on what to say or do, you'd be kidding yourself.

In pro sports, it rarely works that way.

56 minutes ago, Roger said:

That means nothing.  Colts track record in this whole saga is pretty poor.

It may mean nothing to you because you are looking at something to be negative about.

41 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

You have selective hearing.

44 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Thanks for being agreeable! There are so many times people on the forum argue for the sake of argument. I appreciate it.

Also, I just want to point out that I don't think that Ballard was being dishonest. It's just that I don't think he can definitively address the issue because of the nature of his position within the organization. Only time will tell. His comments are reassuring however, to a degree.

And the nature of the uncertainty of the injury and lack of evidence of any sort of regularity with rehabilitation and results

53 minutes ago, csmopar said:

JMV didn't pull any punches. And Ballard took the punches in stride.  Seems sincere and honest. As I've mentioned before I'm trained to interrogate people and didn't pick up on any of the tell tale verbal clues that Ballard wasn't being truth full. That said, I think we got a lot of good answers and I'm reassured that at this time, Luck will be back and better than ever. I also think Chuck will in fact be fired 

Lol, I got the same vibe.

Good post.

I think JMV has a good way with people and doesn't dance around with sensitive questions and topics.  Wonder what Dakich will say about it tomorrow.... it will probably be negative regardless.