Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CB of the week per PFF: Rashan Melvin

HungarianColtsFan

4 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Are they?  They didn't look like it in the game.  And it wasn't John Brown playing in the game (he was out-injured) it was Jaron Brown.  He has good track speed but it doesn't translate well to the field.

JJ Nelson runs 4.28.  That's why they threw him that bomb over double coverage.

Just now, krunk said:

I've seen Melvin keep up with some guys that had Wheels on them like Will Fuller and some others.   I don't think Melvin is all that slow.   But yeah JJ Nelson is supposed to be pretty fast.    Didn't know John Brown was out.

I don't think Melvin's weakness is his speed, but he cannot cover speed.  I can't say I've critiqued his technique but usually it's because their transition from back pedal to turn and run is slow and/or they lose a lot of speed when trying to turn their head and running

31 minutes ago, Xander said:

You're such an annoying little *. 

Likewise :)

My first post was my opinion. I don't need to explain myself to you #. Isn't it obvious that's the reason anyway? Like what other reason would there even be? Dunce. 

Yes it was obvious your first post was an opinion.  Jvan's question was to ask on what you were basing your opinion? The little that you get to see of Melvin on the live telecast or have you actually watched anything like all-22 to see what he actually did on plays that didn't come his way?

Bottom line, he was trying to figure out how ignorant your opinion was and you've proven that the answer is....very.

44 minutes ago, J@son said:

Likewise :)

Yes it was obvious your first post was an opinion.  Jvan's question was to ask on what you were basing your opinion? The little that you get to see of Melvin on the live telecast or have you actually watched anything like all-22 to see what he actually did on plays that didn't come his way?

Bottom line, he was trying to figure out how ignorant your opinion was and you've proven that the answer is....very.

Nah I never quote you just to be a smartazz. That's you. You were born in 77, grow up. * 

15 minutes ago, Xander said:

There was no reason whatsoever to quote me and be a nuisance. 

Couple things. This is a public forum. People can and will quote you at any time. If you don't want your opinions to be commented on then dont share them. 

Second. I was not trying to be a nuisance. I was merely pointing out that if you had been more clear initially then you likely don't get questioned the way you did. Clarity is key in online discussion. Others can only go by what you actually chose to write. If someone didnt get your sarcasm or they didnt read between the lines the way you wanted them to...that is on the author, not the reader.

3 hours ago, J@son said:

Couple things. This is a public forum. People can and will quote you at any time. If you don't want your opinions to be commented on then dont share them. 

Second. I was not trying to be a nuisance. I was merely pointing out that if you had been more clear initially then you likely don't get questioned the way you did. Clarity is key in online discussion. Others can only go by what you actually chose to write. If someone didnt get your sarcasm or they didnt read between the lines the way you wanted them to...that is on the author, not the reader.

You're just annoying. 

33 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He doesn't call people out for not acting their age.   You do..

Also,  name calling is childish.   

So? He still has a cartoon profile picture? And don't be an annoying dunce trying to argue, and you won't get called an annoying dunce. 

32 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

he's right.   You don't like it.   But her v is right

lmao children. Old * children. 

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:16 AM, Superman said:

Melvin played a good game. I haven't done All 22 so I can only judge him on the plays where the ball came his way, and for the most part, he was sound. He got beat by Fitzgerald on the fade route on 4th and goal, the ball placement wasn't great so it was incomplete. He got beat a couple other times, also. But he was tough on a lot of plays. I think he played the best game he's played since he's been here, for sure, which is a good thing for him and for us.

I definitely don't think he should be ahead of any of the young guys at corner, and I'm not going to get too excited over one good game, but he deserves credit for sure. If he plays anywhere near as good the rest of the season, it will be a big win for us.

Yep...honestly I'd sit Davis out another week if he isn't 100%....rookie qb and no real threat at wr...give the young kids more work...see how grades out best before deciding who starts opposite Davis. Wilson got beat a couple times last week but made a nice save knocking that one ball out....but easily could have given up the two biggest plays in the game. They are all a work in progress but for the first time in a long time I can see some progress being made there. If we can develop a more consistant pass rush...along with continuing to slow down the run....we might be looking at our future secondary out there right now.

PS....I'm not going to get too worked up on Melvin either...Fitzgerald has absolutely 0 break away speed etc....and Melvins greatest attribute is his strength and physicality imo...so it was a good matchup for him...but I'm not going to be upset he had a good game.

14 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Where are your legit grades?

there aren't legit grades that are accessible.

its a fairy tale.  pff is popular because fans want to believe their grades mean something.  they don't.  it is simply a number by a player that has zero relevance.  

24 minutes ago, Xander said:

30 teams pay to use PFF. I literally said it's just one small tool. You clowns will start an arguement about anything. 

not about anything.  we are calmly and nicely educating you on where you are wrong.  and that is your desire to believe a pff ranking means something.  it doesn't

pff has other information.  like how often teams are in a nickel d.  or how many snaps a player got.  those are pretty easy to get right.  

do you really think a team would care what some dude (who doesn't have to have any experience in football) can accurately grade players without knowing the playcall or what happened during audibles and such?  that is so illogical that i feel sorry for people that actually believe it.

pff rankings are santa claus.  and people that put stock in them are 4 year olds.  

1 minute ago, dudeski said:

not about anything.  we are calmly and nicely educating you on where you are wrong.  and that is your desire to believe a pff ranking means something.  it doesn't

pff has other information.  like how often teams are in a nickel d.  or how many snaps a player got.  those are pretty easy to get right.  

do you really think a team would care what some dude (who doesn't have to have any experience in football) can accurately grade players without knowing the playcall or what happened during audibles and such?  that is so illogical that i feel sorry for people that actually believe it.

pff rankings are santa claus.  and people that put stock in them are 4 year olds.  

Holy %. Fruitloop. 

Cris Collinsworth quote from 2016(majority owner of PFF): I really just started using it as a tool, and the more that I used it I started making contact with those guys, saying, 'Who are you and what are you?' started learning that a lot of the teams were using it. I think that we're now up to 24 teams that are doing it. I thought that we could broaden it. So we went from just doing the NFL to doing all the NCAA teams. So 250 people now work at PFF.

I wanted to enhance and improve it, so we hired the Pro Coaches Network, which was about 40 or 50 former coordinators and head coaches that have been in the league that have the final say. So we have four different people look at every single play that takes place, and the former coaches have all the veto power. Whatever they say at the end of it, they break all the ties.

If Melvin becomes the next Eugene Daniel would you be happy?  It seemed like they were always trying to replace Daniel with a better athlete but he kept outplaying them.  He became one of my favorites.  

The current dbs seem like they'd be tough to hold off but it melvin keeps improving, he just might.  This group seems promising

10 minutes ago, Xander said:

Cris Collinsworth quote from 2016(majority owner of PFF): I really just started using it as a tool, and the more that I used it I started making contact with those guys, saying, 'Who are you and what are you?' started learning that a lot of the teams were using it. I think that we're now up to 24 teams that are doing it. I thought that we could broaden it. So we went from just doing the NFL to doing all the NCAA teams. So 250 people now work at PFF.

I wanted to enhance and improve it, so we hired the Pro Coaches Network, which was about 40 or 50 former coordinators and head coaches that have been in the league that have the final say. So we have four different people look at every single play that takes place, and the former coaches have all the veto power. Whatever they say at the end of it, they break all the ties.

collinsworth bought into the company.  

i am sure pepsi will tell you that their product is good for you as well

20 minutes ago, dudeski said:

collinsworth bought into the company.  

i am sure pepsi will tell you that their product is good for you as well

15 minutes ago, dudeski said:

feel free to explain how they grade players.  and how they put an accurate grade on them without knowing playcall or audibles.  

this should be entertaining

You said that one guy with no football experience does the grade.  You were wrong. 

L