Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jared's Fantasy Football Advice for 2017

Why would you drop Drew Brees? is there someone you already have to replace him? I'd say don't drop him. 

I had a great week on fantasy this past week. it was in daily PPR leagues. Robert Woods is definitely someone to consider. He got me 33 points. I know that he won't deliver this well every week, but he and Goff have a connection, and Woods has become Goff's go-to guy. Woods is someone who could be overlooked with all the other names around, but he has been one of the most reliable wide receivers.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Drew Freaking Brees.. to drop or not to drop? 

Look for alternatives. There are not many teams left on the schedule that would score on the Saints except the Falcons and Panthers, so Brees will have more value there in playing from behind. However, I would look for some alternatives on the waiver wire to play based on match up.

6 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Why would you drop Drew Brees? is there someone you already have to replace him? I'd say don't drop him. 

I had a great week on fantasy this past week. it was in daily PPR leagues. Robert Woods is definitely someone to consider. He got me 33 points. I know that he won't deliver this well every week, but he and Goff have a connection, and Woods has become Goff's go-to guy. Woods is someone who could be overlooked with all the other names around, but he has been one of the most reliable wide receivers.

If Robert Woods is still on waivers after the previous week's explosion vs Giants, it is a weak league or a league with less than 10 teams, IMO. He shouldn't have been available, IMO, leading to the week vs Texans.

Maybe my expectations are that more than half of any FF league are serious GMs that are really engaged and most engaged GMs would have caught on to Woods. :) 

Thanks to him and Alvin Kamara, I survived Mark Ingram, Jimmy Graham, Jarvis Landry and Emmanuel Sanders on the other side in a money league.

@chad72

WR

Woods @ min

Hopkins vs Ari

Fitz @ hou

A. Jeffrey @ Dal

currently have bolded. Fitz has an amazing matchup vs the 3rd worst pass D but production has been slipping. Woods has great potential but faces a minnesota pass d ranked 18th. 

TE

Stick with C. Brate @ Mia or pick up V. Davis @ NO?

7 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Who is your other starter. Maybe bench him if there's someone better.  With the saints run game taking off, I can see the doubt. But who are your options?

No, I'm completely done in my league ha 2 time defending champ is 3-7 :(. I don't have a back up. I keep "thinking this will be the week" I see the saints scored.. Ingram 7 yard TD.. Kamara 12 yard TD.. Blocked punt for TD.. 38 points later and Drew Brees has 178 yards and no TD's oh well. 

13 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

@chad72

WR

Woods @ min

Hopkins vs Ari

Fitz @ hou

A. Jeffrey @ Dal

currently have bolded. Fitz has an amazing matchup vs the 3rd worst pass D but production has been slipping. Woods has great potential but faces a minnesota pass d ranked 18th. 

TE

Stick with C. Brate @ Mia or pick up V. Davis @ NO?

Miami is terrible vs TEs, maybe now that Brate is a forgotten man, he might become relevant again. That is how FF works. V. Davis has been very consistent. If I had to choose for my team, I'd go with the consistent guy lately i.e. Davis.

The thing with Houston's pass D is that they get beat by WRs that can burn them deep more often. I feel this is a Nelson or Brown type of game, just a hunch. Woods will get more attention now for sure, that is what I am worried about because I have him in a couple of leagues. However, having Watkins, Gurley and Kupp makes Woods just as safe a floor but a possibly higher ceiling than Fitzgerald, IMO. This is a hard one. I'd just stick with what you have. If it is a PPR league, Fitzgerald may not catch a TD but will catch 5-6 passes for sure.

@Narcosys

I have 5 spots to fill (2 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 WR/RB FLEX):

RBs: Kareem Hunt, Leonard Fournette, Alvin Kamara, Dion Lewis

WRs: Brandin Cooks, Robert Woods, Sterling Shephard, Kelvin Benjamin

The current line up in bold. Who do I play - Woods or Shephard? That is my only question.

33 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@Narcosys

The current line up in bold. Who do I play - Woods or Shephard? That is my only question.

With that matchup? Shepard. The giants will be throwing a lot. Shepard will have huge opportunity. 

Why not shepard and woods?

---Break---

I have pretty safe options with Hopkins and Jeffrey, that woods might be worth the risk. 

The jets were terrible against TE too and look what brate did... or didn't do.  But Davis has one of the worst matchups.

25 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

With that matchup? Shepard. The giants will be throwing a lot. Shepard will have huge opportunity. 

Why not shepard and woods?

---Break---

I have pretty safe options with Hopkins and Jeffrey, that woods might be worth the risk. 

The jets were terrible against TE too and look what brate did... or didn't do.  But Davis has one of the worst matchups.

I don't know, I feel like the Raiders, with Gareon Conley on IR and Amerson being a liability in coverage whenever I have seen him play, this might be the game Cooks might go off. But then we have thought that about Cooks in the NE offense so many times and he has underachieved big time so far. However, his high snap count combined with Chris Hogan's injury is what leads me to think that if Chris Hogan misses one more game, this might be the game he will score. Plus, because of Hogan missing the game, he had a team high 11 targets. It looked like Brady wanted to connect with Cooks deep in the end zone twice, and one occasion Chris Harris got away with a subtle PI and Talib went stride for stride on the next one. Brady made a conscious effort to hook with Cooks in the end zone twice, just that the CBs were up to the task, the Raiders CBs may not be, IMO.

If Chris Hogan misses the next game, I will play Cooks and Shephard. What do you think?

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I don't know, I feel like the Raiders, with Gareon Conley on IR and Amerson being a liability in coverage whenever I have seen him play, this might be the game Cooks might go off. But then we have thought that about Cooks in the NE offense so many times and he has underachieved big time so far. However, his high snap count combined with Chris Hogan's injury is what leads me to think that if Chris Hogan misses one more game, this might be the game he will score. Plus, because of Hogan missing the game, he had a team high 11 targets. It looked like Brady wanted to connect with Cooks deep in the end zone twice, and one occasion Chris Harris got away with a subtle PI and Talib went stride for stride on the next one. Brady made a conscious effort to hook with Cooks in the end zone twice, just that the CBs were up to the task, the Raiders CBs may not be, IMO.

If Chris Hogan misses the next game, I will play Cooks and Shephard. What do you think?

That sounds good. You're best bets on matchup.

6 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

That sounds good. You're best bets on matchup.

As far as Vernon Davis, the Vikings were not a great matchup either but when Kirk trusts him, it is always a good thing. Plus, there is a good chance the Redskins play from behind eventually and Davis produces again.

21 hours ago, chad72 said:

@Narcosys

Another league I am in (choose 5):

RBs: Fournette, McKinnon, Dion Lewis, DeVonta Freeman

WRs: JuJu Smith Schuster, Alshon Jeffery, Larry Fitzgerald, Marvin Lewis Jr.

What do you think? Or do I play Dion Lewis over Fitzgerald for the better ceiling?

Break even here. Its a Lewis a gilleslee committee more so lewis gets the touches against a terrible run D. 

While fitz gets the targets and receptions. Ppr I would say fitz for sure. He has an excellent matchup and is stantons favorite target, netting a third of the targets most of the time. 

Again, I dont think you can go wrong with either. Even the games will be similar, in the sense that the patriots will run more and the cardinals will throw more as the defenses are weak against your players and strong against the opposite skill position. 

This was before I saw tegans post.

40 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Break even here. Its a Lewis a gilleslee committee more so lewis gets the touches against a terrible run D. 

While fitz gets the targets and receptions. Ppr I would say fitz for sure. He has an excellent matchup and is stantons favorite target, netting a third of the targets most of the time. 

Again, I dont think you can go wrong with either. Even the games will be similar, in the sense that the patriots will run more and the cardinals will throw more as the defenses are weak against your players and strong against the opposite skill position. 

This was before I saw tegans post.

Since it is a traditional league and not a PPR, I am going with Dion Lewis. Thanks.

On 11/15/2017 at 9:44 AM, chad72 said:

@Narcosys

Cooks and Woods for WRs now that Shephard is out

Do I play Dion Lewis over Fournette because of Fournette’s bum ankle and worse matchup for Fournette?

On 19/11/2017 at 3:56 PM, chad72 said:

Cooks and Woods for WRs now that Shephard is out

Do I play Dion Lewis over Fournette because of Fournette’s bum ankle and worse matchup for Fournette?

Dang dude, sorry I didnt get to this yesterday. Was completely busy. I had played Lewis and he did great, how'd you fair?

19 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Dang dude, sorry I didnt get to this yesterday. Was completely busy. I had played Lewis and he did great, how'd you fair?

I did fine. Brandin Cooks going off helped. Fournette is who I played, who did fine as well, just a difference of 5 points from Lewis. I still got the weekly high score in my money league, which nets me $10 every week I do so. :) 

@Narcosys

Alright, lukewarm WR situation here:

Alshon Jeffery, Larry Fitzgerald, JuJu Smith Schuster (out on Sunday)

Martavis Bryant and Corey Davis are available on the waiver wire. Are they worth the chance or do I go with who I have in bolded (especially Fitzgerald knowing that Jalen Ramsey of the Jaguars is not playing on Sunday vs Cardinals)?

It is to be noted that Vernon Davis gave me a whopping bagel at TE in this league and McKinnon gave me 5.4, putting me behind the 8 ball already, never saw the Davis bagel coming whatsoever. So, should I look for safe floors and points (or) do I take chances in my situation? I am thinking safer floors.

My RBs are Fournette and Dion Lewis thus making my 3 RB line up - Fournette, Lewis and McKinnon

WR line up - Alshon Jefferey, Larry Fitzgerald, JuJu Smith Schuster

On 26/11/2017 at 12:44 AM, chad72 said:

@Narcosys

Alright, lukewarm WR situation here:

Alshon Jeffery, Larry Fitzgerald, JuJu Smith Schuster (out on Sunday)

Martavis Bryant and Corey Davis are available on the waiver wire. Are they worth the chance or do I go with who I have in bolded (especially Fitzgerald knowing that Jalen Ramsey of the Jaguars is not playing on Sunday vs Cardinals)?

It is to be noted that Vernon Davis gave me a whopping bagel at TE in this league and McKinnon gave me 5.4, putting me behind the 8 ball already, never saw the Davis bagel coming whatsoever. So, should I look for safe floors and points (or) do I take chances in my situation? I am thinking safer floors.

My RBs are Fournette and Dion Lewis thus making my 3 RB line up - Fournette, Lewis and McKinnon

WR line up - Alshon Jefferey, Larry Fitzgerald, JuJu Smith Schuster

Sorry I didn't get to this. Been pulling some long hours and through the weekend. How'd you do? Did you pick up bryant? Fitz did surprisingly poor. I had davis too, like you said; did not see that coming.

37 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Sorry I didn't get to this. Been pulling some long hours and through the weekend. How'd you do? Did you pick up bryant? Fitz did surprisingly poor. I had davis too, like you said; did not see that coming.

No, I did not pick up Martavis Bryant, I played Fitzgerald. My FF playoff hopes is hanging by a thread.

I have a 12 point lead and my opponent has the Texans' D going tonight, hopefully the Ravens play it safe and don't turn it over much :) 

Thankfully, it is a standard scoring for the D. No extra points for return yardage or passes defensed.

Greg Olson was back, but he left the game because of pain. He might not be completely healed, so I think it's too risky to play him in fantasy until he's been proven. Another TE, Vernon Davis, had no catches in last Thursday's game. "Experts" said that he should be started; can't always go by what they say. 

Phillip Rivers and the Charger's defense did great in my daily PPR league. I also had Keenan Allen. Nice if I could that well every week. 

@chad72

Playoff time, I missed the bye because I sat rivers last week, not doing it again. 

But I have some tough decisions to make

WR

A. Jeffrey @ rams

D. Hopkins vs SF

K. Allen vs Was

L. Fitz vs Ten

The first three are what I have now, but they are all #1 WRs in their analysis. Thinking of sitting Jeffrey and starting Fitz who has the best matchup.

RB 

C. McCaffrey vs Min

D. Johnson vs GB

Mcaffrey is projected better, but it's minnesota... duke has a better matchup with GB.

TE

J. Doyle @ Buf

O. Howard (buc) vs Buf (best matchup)

R. Seals-Jones vs Ten

Have Doyle, thinking of starting seals-Jones

DEF

Ten @ ari

Det @ tb

Have Ten starting now, but

Cinci vs Chi

Jets @ Den

Den vs Jets

GB @ Cle

Buf vs Ind

Are currently available.

Those are tough decisions. I agree with sitting Jeffrey and going with Fitzgerald. Philly plays another west coast team, and after last week's loss, playing Jeffrey would be risky. I think the Rams will give Wentz fits, and he could have trouble targeting players. 

Doyle is hit or miss. He's had some great games, and other times not so much. I wouldn't start him this week. 

Defenses are always tricky. I think any of them would be fine to start. 

On 12/5/2017 at 4:24 AM, Narcosys said:

@chad72

Playoff time, I missed the bye because I sat rivers last week, not doing it again. 

But I have some tough decisions to make

WR

A. Jeffrey @ rams

D. Hopkins vs SF

K. Allen vs Was

L. Fitz vs Ten

The first three are what I have now, but they are all #1 WRs in their analysis. Thinking of sitting Jeffrey and starting Fitz who has the best matchup.

RB 

C. McCaffrey vs Min

D. Johnson vs GB

Mcaffrey is projected better, but it's minnesota... duke has a better matchup with GB.

TE

J. Doyle @ Buf

O. Howard (buc) vs Det (best matchup)

R. Seals-Jones vs Ten

Have Doyle, thinking of starting seals-Jones

DEF

Ten @ ari

Det @ tb

Have Ten starting now, but

Cinci vs Chi

Jets @ Den

Den vs Jets

GB @ Cle

Buf vs Ind

Are currently available.

Sitting Jeffery is wise.

I'd still go McCaffrey because of the number of snaps he gets and the fact that Cleveland, thanks to Josh Gordon being back, may actually not play from behind all the time thus reducing snaps for Duke and increasing snaps for Crowell.

O.J.Howard is going against Detroit, Cam Brate is the favorite of Winston and when Fitzpatrick was under center, O.J.Howard produced more. If Winston starts, Brate is your guy. However, Ricky Seals Jones is a better bet due to less competition for TE snaps if you had to choose.

I'd go Buffalo or Cinci for defense, both at home and hard to pass the ball against. The X factor for Bills is if Tyrod starts. If Tyrod does not start and Nathan Peterman starts, the Indy D becomes more appealing. If Peterman starts, Indy will be competitive in the game thus not being forced to throw the ball as much and run against Buffalo more to take advantage of their run D thus giving Bills less defensive points, IMO. Kelvin Benjamin is back but Jordan Matthews is on IR, their DL Shaq Lawson is on IR too.

Titans' D, very tricky to figure out. Gabbert, when blitzed, his passer rating drops considerably and now that teams have enough film on him, Wade Philips cleaned his clock last game. Dick LeBeau plays zone a lot of times and saves his blitzes for the 4th qtr. once the Titans have the lead. However, if the Cardinals are competitive enough early, it may not happen as much, so not sure if I can trust them on the road. Titans, Jets, Packers are all on the road. When given a choice, I play the home D unless it is an elite D like the Jaguars, Ravens etc. that travel well. Same with Detroit, too many players on IR, going to be difficult for production. 

22 hours ago, chad72 said:

Sitting Jeffery is wise.

I'd still go McCaffrey because of the number of snaps he gets and the fact that Cleveland, thanks to Josh Gordon being back, may actually not play from behind all the time thus reducing snaps for Duke and increasing snaps for Crowell.

O.J.Howard is going against Detroit, Cam Brate is the favorite of Winston and when Fitzpatrick was under center, O.J.Howard produced more. If Winston starts, Brate is your guy. However, Ricky Seals Jones is a better bet due to less competition for TE snaps if you had to choose.

I'd go Buffalo or Cinci for defense, both at home and hard to pass the ball against. The X factor for Bills is if Tyrod starts. If Tyrod does not start and Nathan Peterman starts, the Indy D becomes more appealing. If Peterman starts, Indy will be competitive in the game thus not being forced to throw the ball as much and run against Buffalo more to take advantage of their run D thus giving Bills less defensive points, IMO. Kelvin Benjamin is back but Jordan Matthews is on IR, their DL Shaq Lawson is on IR too.

Titans' D, very tricky to figure out. Gabbert, when blitzed, his passer rating drops considerably and now that teams have enough film on him, Wade Philips cleaned his clock last game. Dick LeBeau plays zone a lot of times and saves his blitzes for the 4th qtr. once the Titans have the lead. However, if the Cardinals are competitive enough early, it may not happen as much, so not sure if I can trust them on the road. Titans, Jets, Packers are all on the road. When given a choice, I play the home D unless it is an elite D like the Jaguars, Ravens etc. that travel well. Same with Detroit, too many players on IR, going to be difficult for production. 

Surprised you didn't go for jets D considering what Miami did to them last week. Denver also scored 17 against Miami still. I did grab them just because they have excellent matchups the next couple of weeks.

What do you have against Doyle this week? He's projected well. Better than seals. Gets more targets too.

16 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Surprised you didn't go for jets D considering what Miami did to them last week. Denver also scored 17 against Miami still. I did grab them just because they have excellent matchups the next couple of weeks.

What do you have against Doyle this week? He's projected well. Better than seals. Gets more targets too.

Miami D, you should have seen what they did to the Patriots the previous week. They got a defensive TD vs NE in Foxboro and forced a fumble from Brady. Unheard of. Miami D is playing better than advertised but cannot sustain it for long periods of time against elite offenses. Miami D, at least their outside CBs are good enough, one of whom got the pick six vs Denver. Jets' D, their whole secondary that typically makes game changing plays for a fantasy D is in shambles. Their DL stops the run consistently and that is it. I would have a very hard time playing that Jets' D, even in a good match up because they will give up a lot of points due to their secondary. 

Doyle is a good possibility but TE production vs Buffalo has not been nearly as proficient as it has been vs Denver that Doyle will play next. Yes, I do agree that he is the Indy target leader and he should be considered.

@Narcosys or anyone else who wants to answer this:

Matt Ryan at home vs NO or Jimmy Garropolo at Houston

Matt Ryan has continually underachieved this year, I just do not trust him. He has never thrown for more than 2 TDs, ever, this year, shocking. NO's starting CBs are back and gave Cam Newton all he could handle. I feel the Falcons are going to score more on the ground than through the air.

Garropolo's first start may have had red zone issues but the perfect fix for it the next game is against a porous Houston D. I am leaning towards Garropolo, not for the ceiling but towards his floor being the same as Matt Ryan's floor in this game.

Thoughts??? I hate Thursday night games.

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

@Narcosys or anyone else who wants to answer this:

Matt Ryan at home vs NO or Jimmy Garropolo at Houston

Matt Ryan has continually underachieved this year, I just do not trust him. He has never thrown for more than 2 TDs, ever, this year, shocking. NO's starting CBs are back and gave Cam Newton all he could handle. I feel the Falcons are going to score more on the ground than through the air.

Garropolo's first start may have had red zone issues but the perfect fix for it the next game is against a porous Houston D. I am leaning towards Garropolo, not for the ceiling but towards his floor being the same as Matt Ryan's floor in this game.

Thoughts??? I hate Thursday night games.

Garropolo its a strange play and could pay off. But Matt ryan gas gotten at least 18+ points for 6/7 past games. I think jimmy has a big chance of disappointing, but he could easily outscore ryan as well. So long as houston rush doesn't get to him.

10 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Garropolo its a strange play and could pay off. But Matt ryan gas gotten at least 18+ points for 6/7 past games. I think jimmy has a big chance of disappointing, but he could easily outscore ryan as well. So long as houston rush doesn't get to him.

I have Gabbert and Tyrod Taylor on the waiver wire, do I play Tyrod vs Colts instead though it will be frigid Buffalo? Gabbert does play inside the dome and the Titans' #1 CB Logan Ryan is out with a concussion.

The problem is I have to wait till Sunday to find out and playing Matt Ryan wouldn't give me the luxury.

48 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I have Gabbert and Tyrod Taylor on the waiver wire, do I play Tyrod vs Colts instead though it will be frigid Buffalo? Gabbert does play inside the dome and the Titans' #1 CB Logan Ryan is out with a concussion.

The problem is I have to wait till Sunday to find out and playing Matt Ryan wouldn't give me the luxury.

I've only played Taylor twice, both times he got less than 5...I don't like him lol. But he is a solid play against us I think, if healthy. He is unlikely to play. 

Gabbert may be your best play. Titans are solid against run and they will pass a lot as the cardinals are going to give up points.  Expect him to get 23 points at least.

3 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I've only played Taylor twice, both times he got less than 5...I don't like him lol. But he is a solid play against us I think, if healthy. He is unlikely to play. 

Gabbert may be your best play. Titans are solid against run and they will pass a lot as the cardinals are going to give up points.  Expect him to get 23 points at least.

Here is my team though:

QBs: Matt Ryan, Blaine Gabbert

WRs: Marvin Jones Jr., Josh Gordon, Larry Fitzgerald, Alshon Jeffery

RBs: Devonta Freeman, Dion Lewis, Leonard Fournette, Jamaal Williams

TEs: Zach Ertz, Cam Brate

DEF: Bills

K: Dan Bailey

Do you think that if Matt Ryan underachieves, there is a good chance that my team can make up for it?

Matt Ryan's home performances: 14.88 vs GB, 10.48 vs BUF, 12.92 vs MIA, 15.6 vs DAL, 16.78 vs TB, 7.02 vs MIN

These are all in standard leagues (4 pts for passing TD). He has not hit 20 points throughout the year, that is downright scary to me. I guess I will go with my gut and bench him then. 

26 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Here is my team though:

QBs: Matt Ryan, Blaine Gabbert

WRs: Marvin Jones Jr., Josh Gordon, Larry Fitzgerald, Alshon Jeffery

RBs: Devonta Freeman, Dion Lewis, Leonard Fournette, Jamaal Williams

TEs: Zach Ertz, Cam Brate

DEF: Bills

K: Dan Bailey

Do you think that if Matt Ryan underachieves, there is a good chance that my team can make up for it?

Matt Ryan's home performances: 14.88 vs GB, 10.48 vs BUF, 12.92 vs MIA, 15.6 vs DAL, 16.78 vs TB, 7.02 vs MIN

These are all in standard leagues (4 pts for passing TD). He has not hit 20 points throughout the year, that is downright scary to me. I guess I will go with my gut and bench him then. 

I think you should play gabbert and fournette. talk about underachieving, that is freeman for sure. 

Now that winston is back, brate may be the better play as well. 

13 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I think you should play gabbert and fournette. talk about underachieving, that is freeman for sure. 

Now that winston is back, brate may be the better play as well. 

Its a what have you done for me lately league. Freeman ran for 85 yards against a tough Vikings D. Do you see how this Falcons game is going? Freeman is doing well, I’m glad I benched Ryan. Last year, deja vu, I had Carr and Latavius Murray. Carr had  underperformed vs Chiefs in game 1. I played both. Carr got me less than 5 points, Murray got me about 15. It was round 1 of playoffs on TNF, I got eliminated. I learned my lesson this year to go with my gut. Matt Ryan is not a stud this year, so I benched him.

Do you think I play Leonard Fournette over Marvin Jones Jr. because of Stafford's injured hand despite a bad matchup on run D vs Seahawks?

Post-Kamara concussion line up for the rest of the week in a yahoo league (6 pts for passing TD, my current choices in bold):

QBs: Carson Wentz, Josh McCown

RBs: Alvin Kamara, Leonard Fournette, Dion Lewis, Kareem Hunt

WRs: Brandin Cooks, Josh Gordon, Sterling Shephard, Robert Woods

TEs: Ricky Seals Jones, Greg Olsen

K: Matt Bryant

DEF: Jaguars, Bills

What adjustments do you think I need to make?

The Saints don't play again until next Sunday, so maybe Kamara will have passed concussion protocol by then.

I'm not sure what adjustments to make, but I have a question: how has Josh Gordon been doing since returning? He's been getting targets, but is he performing as expected? It's difficult to tell because the Browns aren't doing well as a team.