Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jared's Fantasy Football Advice for 2017

This is my official thread for Fantasy Football Yearly Leagues for the year of 2017. If you have any questions, ask here, and I'll do my best to answer them. I have a pretty decent track record playing for the last 5 years. Won $1000 on cbssports.com, and $2500 on fanduel, so I have a bit of success in the industry. Make sure to tell me the type of league and how many teams so I can give you the best answer possible (12 team PPR for example), and I'll help as many people as possible. Good Luck this year in all your leagues!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this thread, so thought I'd start posting. 

In a PPG 5 person league (daily fantasy league), wondering if starting Fournette is a good idea. He had a great debut, but will his success continue?  Jacksonville plays Tennessee, and I don't know what to expect. 

Go with Fournette or replace him with a more experienced player? I can't afford a high priced player unless I adjust my lineup. 

4 hours ago, teganslaw said:

In a PPG 5 person league (daily fantasy league), wondering if starting Fournette is a good idea. He had a great debut, but will his success continue?  Jacksonville plays Tennessee, and I don't know what to expect. 

Go with Fournette or replace him with a more experienced player? I can't afford a high priced player unless I adjust my lineup. 

What are your options?

11 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Tegan, I would go with Fournette. He had a fantastic first game against a solid defense in the Texans, and with Allen Robinson out, he's going to be relied on even more than he already is. He'll get receptions, and at least 20 carries a game as well as goal line touches. I just traded Keenan Allen for him in a yearly league while I could. Go with Fournette 100%.

My choices are in bold

League 1: Pick 2 - Alshon Jeffery at KC, Larry Fitzgerald at Indy, Martavis Bryant vs Min, Marvin Jones Jr. at NYG

League 2: Pick 2 - Brandin Cooks at NO, Kelvin Benjamin vs BUF, Jeremy Maclin vs CLE, Kenny Golladay at NYG

Thoughts???

33 minutes ago, chad72 said:

My choices are in bold

League 1: Pick 2 - Alshon Jeffery at KC, Larry Fitzgerald at Indy, Martavis Bryant vs Min, Marvin Jones Jr. at NYG

League 2: Pick 2 - Brandin Cooks at NO, Kelvin Benjamin vs BUF, Jeremy Maclin vs CLE, Kenny Golladay at NYG

Thoughts???

Yeah, send me Golladay.     :)   So you're the one......

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Neither of these is our league. What are your line up thoughts?

On MY line up?

I'm fairly happy with it.

I don't have a dominant RB, but I do have promise on the bench.

A lot of young guys who could prove themselves, in their systems, and Turbin.

How about you?

5 minutes ago, buccolts said:

On MY line up?

I'm fairly happy with it.

I don't have a dominant RB, but I do have promise on the bench.

A lot of young guys who could prove themselves, in their systems, and Turbin.

How about you?

I wouldn't roster turbin in anything short of a 16 team league.   Not because he isn't a good back,   but because he won't see many touches

Just now, jvan1973 said:

I wouldn't roster turbin in anything short of a 16 team league.   Not because he isn't a good back,   but because he won't see many touches

12 team league, but pickin's were thin.

Actually, I'd drafted Matt Jones with my last pick, then swapped him out for Turbin when we cut him.

I'm just hanging on to him for now, and see how things go.

There's always the need to have someone on your bench to drop during bye weeks.

7 hours ago, chad72 said:

My choices are in bold

Thoughts???

Any thoughts on these from anyone?

On 9/17/2017 at 8:44 AM, teganslaw said:

I'd take Maclin over Golliday because the matchup seems better. 

Fitzgerald is a good pick, but not sure about Jeffery vs, KC. After last week, KC could be tough.

I am glad I played Jeffery, Wentz seems to be slinging it out there this year. KC's pass D is good but not that good to totally limit down WR production like the Broncos' no fly zone that has 3 good man CBs. Most teams don't have 3 good WRs. 

Having said that, next week I have Dak Prescott at Arizona or Carson Wentz vs NYG at home???

Which QB do I play?

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I am glad I played Jeffery, Wentz seems to be slinging it out there this year. KC's pass D is good but not that good to totally limit down WR production like the Broncos' no fly zone that has 3 good man CBs. Most teams don't have 3 good WRs. 

Having said that, next week I have Dak Prescott at Arizona or Carson Wentz vs NYG at home???

Which QB do I play?

I would go with Wentz. Dak will put up some points, but Peterson may shut down Bryant, and Elliott could be used heavily in this game after being shut down by the Broncos last week. Wentz is doing a very good job throwing the ball. The Giants have a solid pass defense, but Sproles is great in the screen game, Ertz is doing fantastic as a TE right now, and Jeffrey may be a really good WR for them this year. Lot of options for the Eagles, and they protect Wentz well. This is an easy choice IMO.

21 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would go with Wentz. Dak will put up some points, but Peterson may shut down Bryant, and Elliott could be used heavily in this game after being shut down by the Broncos last week. Wentz is doing a very good job throwing the ball. The Giants have a solid pass defense, but Sproles is great in the screen game, Ertz is doing fantastic as a TE right now, and Jeffrey may be a really good WR for them this year. Lot of options for the Eagles, and they protect Wentz well. This is an easy choice IMO.

Yeah. For some reason, I am thinking Dak uses the run game to get close to the end zone but will have a field day passing vs the Cardinals to make up for his egg vs the Broncos. However, I have to give Wentz a shot, left him on the bench for the last 2 games over Dak and he made me pay both times.

What's with the price increases in Fanduel? You have to set up a lineup with nine players and stay within $60,000 salary cap. Some of these payers' prices are so high, it makes things more challenging. For example, Prescott is $12,000 and Elliott is up to $14,000. That's more than Brady. Neither player did well against Denver, but their value has increased since last week. How is that determined? 

I'll just have to take a couple high priced players and go with those who can perform at a lower cost. 

Standard league 1:

2 WR, 2 RB, 1 RB/WR FLEX (Pick 5, my current choices in bold)

Brandin Cooks vs Houston, Kelvin Benjamin vs NO, Larry Fitzgerald vs DAL, Jeremy Maclin at JAC,

Kareem Hunt at LAC, Leonard Fournette vs BAL, Javorius Allen at JAC, Tarik Cohen vs PIT

Standard league 2:

Alshon Jeffery vs NYG, Martavis Bryant at CHI, Marvin Jones Jr. vs ATL, J.J.Nelson vs DAL,

Devonta Freeman at DET, Leonard Fournette vs BAL, Isaiah Crowell at IND, Tarik Cohen vs PIT

What are your thoughts?

3 hours ago, teganslaw said:

What's with the price increases in Fanduel? You have to set up a lineup with nine players and stay within $60,000 salary cap. Some of these payers' prices are so high, it makes things more challenging. For example, Prescott is $12,000 and Elliott is up to $14,000. That's more than Brady. Neither player did well against Denver, but their value has increased since last week. How is that determined? 

I'll just have to take a couple high priced players and go with those who can perform at a lower cost. 

Brady is 9400

Dak. 7800

Zeke. 8800

I just got a notice from Fanduel that prices were incorrect, so they made certain adjustments. Dak was suppose to 7800, but was incorrectly listed at 12000. Elliott was incorrect at 14000. So I wasn't mistaken; Fanduel had a glitch in their system. Prices are back to normal now. 

10 hours ago, teganslaw said:

I just got a notice from Fanduel that prices were incorrect, so they made certain adjustments. Dak was suppose to 7800, but was incorrectly listed at 12000. Elliott was incorrect at 14000. So I wasn't mistaken; Fanduel had a glitch in their system. Prices are back to normal now. 

I haven't heard anything from anyone else concerning this.   I looked at the prices Tuesday morning,   they haven't changed

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Pick 2 WR and a flex

L. Fitzgerald vs. Dal

A. Jeffrey vs. NYG

K. Allen vs. KC

D. Hopkins @ NE

F. Gore vs. Cle

This doesn't look like our league, so I'll advise :). Gore is still the Colts guy, I'd choose him for FLEX. Janoris Jenkins, the stud NYG CB that limits Dez, is out for week 3 with the same ankle sprain as week 2, so fire up Jeffery no matter who says what, especially with the way Wentz has been throwing. Keenan Allen is the other slam dunk here.

Belichick will take Hopkins out as much as possible, that's why I'm torn on him vs Gore for FLEX, Gore is safe play

On 9/20/2017 at 10:35 AM, chad72 said:

Standard league 1:

Brandin Cooks vs Houston, Kelvin Benjamin vs NO, Larry Fitzgerald vs DAL, Jeremy Maclin at JAC,

Kareem Hunt at LAC, Leonard Fournette vs BAL, Javorius Allen at JAC, Tarik Cohen vs PIT

Standard league 2:

Alshon Jeffery vs NYG, Martavis Bryant at CHI, Marvin Jones Jr. vs ATL, J.J.Nelson vs DAL,

Devonta Freeman at DET, Leonard Fournette vs BAL, Isaiah Crowell at IND, Tarik Cohen vs PIT

What are your thoughts?

Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Any thoughts?

Both leagues have a good lineup. My only question would be Brandin Cooks vs. Houston. I don't know how well Cooks is doing in NE, and how many times Brady throws to him compared to other receivers. I'm never sure who Brady will target in games.

48 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Both leagues have a good lineup. My only question would be Brandin Cooks vs. Houston. I don't know how well Cooks is doing in NE, and how many times Brady throws to him compared to other receivers. I'm never sure who Brady will target in games.

Thanks.

I am playing Cooks only because of the injuries to the WR corps of NE and the fact they are at home. NE OL typically manages to keep Watt at an arm's length but they have never played Watt and Clowney together, so that is what is the X factor but Hoodie finds a way to max. protect or chip if he has to. Plus, because of their RB receiving prowess, they will spread out their RBs and thus force more zone coverage. Plus, they play 2 RB looks constantly now with the injuries with one chipping and the other one going to the flat or flank in motion. Brady should find enough spots in zones to hit Cooks a few times, I am thinking. If Gronk and Amendola were both healthy, it would be different. 

Also, vs the Jags, I am going to bench Maclin and play Buck Allen because Ramsey and Bouye are balling right now. Even if their run D and underneath pass D gives up yards and TDs, their outside CBs are playing top notch right now.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

This doesn't look like our league, so I'll advise :). Gore is still the Colts guy, I'd choose him for FLEX. Janoris Jenkins, the stud NYG CB that limits Dez, is out for week 3 with the same ankle sprain as week 2, so fire up Jeffery no matter who says what, especially with the way Wentz has been throwing. Keenan Allen is the other slam dunk here.

Belichick will take Hopkins out as much as possible, that's why I'm torn on him vs Gore for FLEX, Gore is safe play

No on fitz?  Its a half point ppr.

9 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

No on fitz?  Its a half point ppr.

You didn't tell me it was PPR. I'd then play Fitz over Gore because Carson will be playing catch up and even if Fitz won't get the TDs, he will get the receiptions. He was open several times in the Colts game but Carson wouldn't look his way. Knowing Fitz, he is not the type to complain. I am sure the Cardinals' offense will try to get back on track. Their game plan will be to force the Cowboys to play catch up to take the running game element out, which is what happened in the Broncos game.

Right now, I know Orlando Scandrick is limited practice, Awuzie has a bum hamstring, and Nolan Carroll is in concussion protocol. If only Scandrick plays and the other two do not, fire up Fitz. Cowboys play zone a lot and Scandrick will tend to shadow whoever is hot as the game goes on. 

On 20/09/2017 at 3:35 PM, chad72 said:

Standard league 1:

Standard league 2:

What are your thoughts?

League 1 looks good to me.

League 2 I'd disagree with crowell over fournette. Though I understand it being a tough decision

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

You didn't tell me it was PPR. I'd then play Fitz over Gore because Carson will be playing catch up and even if Fitz won't get the TDs, he will get the receiptions. He was open several times in the Colts game but Carson wouldn't look his way. Knowing Fitz, he is not the type to complain. I am sure the Cardinals' offense will try to get back on track. Their game plan will be to force the Cowboys to play catch up to take the running game element out, which is what happened in the Broncos game.

Right now, I know Orlando Scandrick is limited practice, Awuzie has a bum hamstring, and Nolan Carroll is in concussion protocol. If only Scandrick plays and the other two do not, fire up Fitz. Cowboys play zone a lot and Scandrick will tend to shadow whoever is hot as the game goes on. 

Ya my bad. 

On 9/22/2017 at 10:33 AM, Narcosys said:

Ya my bad. 

I hope you are glad you played Fitz. :) 

Here is one, Dak Prescott at home vs Rams or Carson Wentz on the road vs Chargers? I am going with Dak Prescott this time. It also seems like Doug Pederson finally is figuring out a run game, which could put a dent in Wentz's fantasy numbers but also help the Eagles win games, and that is probably more important for him. :) 

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I hope you are glad you played Fitz. :) 

Here is one, Dak Prescott at home vs Rams or Carson Wentz on the road vs Chargers? I am going with Dak Prescott this time. It also seems like Doug Pederson finally is figuring out a run game, which could put a dent in Wentz's fantasy numbers but also help the Eagles win games, and that is probably more important for him. :) 

Ya, stick with dak, I think he has that better run game both his own running ability and his RB. Which will open up his lanes.

I got a good one

E. Sanders vs oak

or

Jarvis landry vs NO

36 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Ya, stick with dak, I think he has that better run game both his own running ability and his RB. Which will open up his lanes.

I got a good one

E. Sanders vs oak

or

Jarvis landry vs NO

Sanders. I have a feeling Kenny Stills will be better this game than Landry. Stills used to play for NO before, so I think he will have some extra oomph, Sanders is the safer bet. Redskins picked on Amerson non-stop vs Raiders. I don't think they will put Amerson on DT, so he will most likely be on the #2 wide out, Sanders will roast him.

Daily fantasy tournament PPR: 

RB, DeMarco Murray at Houston or C J Anderson vs. Oakland? 

Also, is it too risky using Jacksonville as my defense in same tournament? Jacksonville's defense looks legit and they play the Jets, but the Jets dominated Miami last week, so not sure.