Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Chuck Pagano you've been asking for?

NewColtsFan

11 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

You can't just say "well he's had 3 wimning seasons he's a good coach!" When you struggle to beat great teams or even just compete with them there is a problem. Constantly getting blown out by great teams is not good and hell chuck even has his annual *** kicking from 1 2 or 3 dumpster teams.

Funny you can dismiss Pagano's win over the 49ers when they were great. You can dismiss the wins over the Bronco's with Peyton Manning as their QB. One win was when the Bronco's were undefeated. You can also dismiss the win over Seattle. Just dismiss the win over the Chiefs in the playoffs. So what you said about Pagano never beating a great team is wrong, Dead wrong.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

You can't just say "well he's had 3 wimning seasons he's a good coach!" When you struggle to beat great teams or even just compete with them there is a problem. Constantly getting blown out by great teams is not good and hell chuck even has his annual *** kicking from 1 2 or 3 dumpster teams.

Really not to start a debate or anything, the only great team with a huge sample size Chuck hasn't beaten is the Patriots but who has? Tomlin gets smoked by the Pats everytime he plays them. The AFC Title Game was a joke last season.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Funny you can dismiss Pagano's win over the 49ers when they were great. You can dismiss the wins over the Bronco's with Peyton Manning as their QB. One win was when the Bronco's were undefeated. You can also dismiss the win over Seattle. Just dismiss the win over the Chiefs in the playoffs. So what you said about Pagano never beating a great team is wrong, Dead wrong.

And why don't you explain the *** kicking he received from the likes of the rams and jaguar or other trash teams EVERY YEAR. His couple acomolishmest sure don't outweigh the horrible games he's had 

I hate to insert myself in this heated debate but I always see people mention Pagano's three winning seasons.

I myself have a hard time giving Pagano a lot of credit for Arians COTY winning 9-3 record. Sure, he had some motivating factor, that's without a doubt, but I think it's unfair to Arians when people constantly refer to that as Pagano's doing.

Those other 11-5 seasons? By all means, Chuck did that. And he beat some great teams too.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Really not to start a debate or anything, the only great team with a huge sample size Chuck hasn't beaten is the Patriots but who has? Tomlin gets smoked by the Pats everytime he plays them. The AFC Title Game was a joke last season.

Well the Steelers are another team we have never beat under Pagano but I agree with everything else you said.

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I hate to insert myself in this heated debate or whatever but I always see people mention Pagano's three winning seasons.

I myself have a hard time giving Pagano a lot of credit for Arians COTY winning 9-3 record. Sure, he had some motivating factor, that's without a doubt, but I think it's unfair to Arians when people constantly refer to that as Pagano's doing.

Those other 11-5 seasons? By all means, Chuck did that. And he beat some great teams too. Not trying to take away credit from those other seasons.

Great point.

4 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I hate to insert myself in this heated debate or whatever but I always see people mention Pagano's three winning seasons.

I myself have a hard time giving Pagano a lot of credit for Arians COTY winning 9-3 record. Sure, he had some motivating factor, that's without a doubt, but I think it's unfair to Arians to constantly refer to that as Pagano's doing.

I still give him full credit for 2 11 win seasons and making a Championship Game. People act like beating Denver isn't that big of a deal, Chuck is 3-1 vs them.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still give him full credit for 2 11 win seasons and making a Championship Game. People act like beating Denver isn't that big of a deal, Chuck is 3-1 vs them.

Oh, of course. That's why that last little bit is in there, because I do give him credit for every game he was on the sidelines for. I also said he's beaten great teams too.

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

And why don't you explain the *** kicking he received from the likes of the rams and jaguar or other trash teams EVERY YEAR. His couple acomolishmest sure don't outweigh the horrible games he's had 

Every team in the NFL has a few game where they get their butts kicked during the season. That is the NFL. You hand pick every negative thing and then disregard anything positive to try to make Chuck look bad to satisfy yourself.  You lay in waiting to tell the whole forum "I TOLD YOU SO !" 

I am sorry to be the one to tell you this but you look at the Colts and Pagano with a narrow mind because of your inability to see the whole picture.

A couple? I guess the wins over Seattle, Denver, Kansas City and San Francisco add up to more than a couple. That is exactly what I mean with you. You exaggerate way too much to try to make your point. Everything I have said has been backed up by facts. Your 'facts' are backed up by exaggerations.

You can't be taken serious when you spout off without some true facts backing your argument up.

You have crossed the line of debate and now have reverted to arguing.

I am done with you.

38 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Every team in the NFL has a few game where they get their butts kicked during the season. That is the NFL. You hand pick every negative thing and then disregard anything positive to try to make Chuck look bad to satisfy yourself.  You lay in waiting to tell the whole forum "I TOLD YOU SO !" 

I am sorry to be the one to tell you this but you look at the Colts and Pagano with a narrow mind because of your inability to see the whole picture.

A couple? I guess the wins over Seattle, Denver, Kansas City and San Francisco add up to more than a couple. That is exactly what I mean with you. You exaggerate way too much to try to make your point. Everything I have said has been backed up by facts. Your 'facts' are backed up by exaggerations.

You can't be taken serious when you spout off without some true facts backing your argument up.

You have crossed the line of debate and now have reverted to arguing.

I am done with you.

Seattle Denver and SF sure the KC were not who they are now lol and the Denver teams were with a declining Peyton manning but I'll still accept that cause of the D so 3 that sure is a lot more than a couple haha still not enough to out do his terrible showings so no i was right still 

Done with you too Chuck Pagano Senior 

I am by no means a Pagano fan, but I think he feels the fire under him. He looks more composed on the sideline, so far in the preseason lol. I want to see him coach up guys as they come off the field after mistakes, argue with refs on calls, manage the clock, and make quicker adjustments. There is only one Belichick. When we let grigson go , I wanted pags gone too. He is here and still learning, as colts fans, let's always hope for success. I think this team could play better than we expect (reworked line, draft picks, & brand new defense), even with Luck possibly missing time. Who cares though? I am an optimist...

2 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Please tell me what he has done besides one fluke season? Who has old chuck beat 

He gets his * handed to him by almost every contender in the league 

all I want to say is thank you for including your age in your username.  Makes it a lot easier to know what to expect.  Much appreciated. :)

2 hours ago, J@son said:

all I want to say is thank you for including your age in your username.  Makes it a lot easier to know what to expect.  Much appreciated. :)

Oh yeah you got me there!!! talk about immature your lame *** jokes and you trying so hard to be a smart *** are childish as # lol

4 hours ago, life long said:

I am by no means a Pagano fan, but I think he feels the fire under him. He looks more composed on the sideline, so far in the preseason lol. I want to see him coach up guys as they come off the field after mistakes, argue with refs on calls, manage the clock, and make quicker adjustments. There is only one Belechick. When we let grigson go , I wanted pags gone too. He is here and still learning, as colts fans, let's always hope for success. I think this team could play better than we expect (reworked line, draft picks, & brand new defense), even with Luck possibly missing time. Who cares though? I am an optimist...

I totally agree! Players need to play smarter but he needs to coach smarter. 

On August 18, 2017 at 5:31 AM, J@son said:

LOL.  Yes it is chucks job to enhance their skill sets. Btw, the 2 guys you mentioned are perfect examples of that. Did Erik Walden not have hisb3 best seasons playing for chuck? He has 32 career sacks. 23 of,those came while playing for chuck.

Jerrel Freeman you say? You mean the guy that 31 other teams didnt view as worthy of a practice squad position who now is a household name making multimillion dollars in chicago only after playing for chuck? 

they OBVIOUSLY improved while playing for chuck. So...whats your beef again? 

Jason, 

What does where Freeman ends up after his tenure with Chuck have to do with anything? The objective of a defensive minded coach who came from the Ravens is to turn that LB into a QB wrecking crew right? Or at the very least, knock footballs down & move the opposing field general off his spot & out of the pocket thereby increasing the number of sacks. 

Whether any GM picks Freeman up after Indianapolis is irrelevant. The objective is to see how drastically his role as a disruptor improved or declined under Chuck's leadership as head coach.  

I haven't reviewed the game day thread (or this one - sorry), but what was with that horrible challenge of the Cowboys reception?  Upon first replay, it was OBVIOUSLY a good, legal catch. Seriously, who is making the challenge decisions?  Looks bad on the whole coaching staff.  I expect better "coaching" decisions, now 6 years in.  

i want to be hopeful that things will finally click for Pagano and his staff, but I find myself really losing patience with the ongoing in-game coach stupidity. :(

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

Jason, 

What does where Freeman ends up after his tenure with Chuck have to do with anything?

Uh well you said chuck didn't help his LBs improve, and the fact that freeman went from a total unknown playing in the CFL before pagano to a multilillionaire pro bowler aftrr playing with pagano proves that you are wrong. Clearly chuck did help freeman improve. 

You however instead of acknowledging you were wrong have doubled down and now yiur new complaint is that pagano didnt turn Jerrel freeman into a QB wrecking sack machine. That simply tells me that you lack a fundamental understanding of how NFL defenses and specifically the colts defense actually works. Freeman was the WILL LB.  Its not his job to be a sack machine. Yeah hed blitz from time to time but his main jobs were in coverage and run stopping. 

Next?