Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thursday Night Football To Be Done Year Round Next Season

buffalo34

Terrible idea, IMO, if they do not think it through.

Let us say team A is coming off a bye week and team B is not and they both play on Thursday Night Football, it is almost like 2 bye weeks in a row for team A but a huge disadvantage for team B. It is hard enough playing a team coming off a bye week on Sunday, let alone Thursday. If both teams have identical situations prior to the Thursday Night Football, that is when it will work, from a teams' perspective. From a fans perspective, we will watch NFL, whether it is Thursday or Saturday or Sunday or Monday. :)

Terrible idea, IMO, if they do not think it through.

Let us say team A is coming off a bye week and team B is not and they both play on Thursday Night Football, it is almost like 2 bye weeks in a row for team A but a huge disadvantage for team B. It is hard enough playing a team coming off a bye week on Sunday, let alone Thursday. If both teams have identical situations prior to the Thursday Night Football, that is when it will work, from a teams' perspective. From a fans perspective, we will watch NFL, whether it is Thursday or Saturday or Sunday or Monday. :)

I believe one of the provisions was that no team would have a bye week leading up to the Thursday Night game, so everyone will be on a short week going up to that game.

<3 this. so glad i have NFL network.

This is the one issue I have with it. Despite the fact that I have NFLN, I find it disturbing to witness the NFL become farther and farther removed from the network airwaves. It started when ABC moved Monday Night Football from network to cable.

I have deep roots with the blue collar, low-income people of this country, having been in this class myself for most of my life. People whom are every bit as much of NFL fans as anyone else. On a tight budget, they cannot excuse the cost of cable bills over the cost of provisions for their family. So they get cut out of the games.

I think it sucks eggs, this trend. Obviously the plan is a free-to-watch phase out. It is not enough for most to not be able to afford to go to the games, apparently they wish to send the message that real fans have money to burn.

Oh sweet. Now I have to stay up late 3 nights a week. These games need to start earlier. Keeping the fans up til 11:30 or later if overtime happens is ridiculous. Not only for the adults but also for our kids. Also move the Super Bowl to Saturday night!!!! Sunday night is just plain stupid.

http://www.sbnation....l-schedule-2012

Everyone gets a primetime game next year, including my little old Bills.

A lot of people seem impartial to this idea, but I kinda like it. The more football, the merrier.

I like Thursday night games because it gives a team a mini-bye week after the Thursday.

Sure its hard to do the Sunday-Thursday turnaround but you only do it once....

I can see a time when there are 2 games on Thursday night...

I realized after posting "thank God I have NFL network" that this was an insensitive statement.

I used to have a cable company that didn't carry the NFL network, and now I do. I used to be pretty upset that I couldn't get based on where I lived.

Also as some pointed out, financially some can't afford cable. This alone is a problem as the major networks are putting on paid programming during most of the weekends, those with cable can't even imagine what it must like to not have it and we take it for granted.

On a non-fiscal level however, I am glad that Football is more dispersed throughout the week. I always liked during WC weekend, that you have Saturday games.. I would love to see Football played Monday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.

http://www.sbnation....l-schedule-2012

Everyone gets a primetime game next year, including my little old Bills.

A lot of people seem impartial to this idea, but I kinda like it. The more football, the merrier.

It is what it is. We talked this into the ground months ago when the CBA was unsettled. Although Thursdays already played into a big chunk of the season, having games every Thursday was inevitable. It'll be handled equitably in terms of short/long weeks. Exposure benefits everyone....gotta pay those bills.