Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football 2017-2018 thread

25 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yes and a fan revolt. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21579125/tennessee-volunteers-no-longer-hire-greg-schiano-head-coach

It is really sad how many people covered up for Sandusky. I don't know how they can live with themselves. Many people blamed McCreary for not doing more (stopping the act when he saw it) but I think it is the sort of thing that you are shocked to believe it really happened. He told his boss and it should have been handled from there. Instead of getting credit for bringing it to the attention of those who should have done something, he is blamed for contributing to the downfall of Penn State. I think those in authority should be held responsible. And they were -- some went to jail I believe, but I think at least one is free now (Curley is his name, I think.)

Anyway, let's see who Tennessee hires. 

Lots of schools will be looking for coaches. I think the Texas A&M coach may get fired.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Lots of schools will be looking for coaches. I think the Texas A&M coach may get fired.

It was reported this morning that A&M did fire Sumlin. I think Arizona State also fired their head coach, Graham. Teams don't like to hire coaches who have recently been fired. I wonder if Bielema, Sumlin, Graham, Butch Davis and others who have recently been fired get hired by another school in the next two months.

On 11/26/2017 at 10:24 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Who is everyone's Final 4? Here's mine:

#1 Oklahoma - They are the best team in the Nation IMO

#2 Auburn -  I think they can beat anyone, they just beat Georgia and Bama!

#3 Clemson - They were at 3 last week, I think they belong here.

#4 Wisconsin - Has to be for now, they are undefeated and were 5th last week.

-Bama would be 5th if anyone is wondering, all it takes is a Wisconsin loss and that opens the door for Bama IMO.

#1 Georgia - they will beat Auburn and prove it, IMO, that the loss to Auburn was an aberration (I may very well be wrong)

#2 Oklahoma - they are balanced but depend more on offense to bail them out, that is how they are built

#3 Clemson - they are very balanced and are underrated with the fact that they can find multiple ways to win a game, a testament to good coaching, IMO

#4 Alabama - Georgia beats Auburn, Oklahoma beats TCU, and Clemson beats Miami, and Ohio State beats Wisconsin, if that is how things go, Alabama is in.

45 minutes ago, chad72 said:

#1 Georgia - they will beat Auburn and prove it, IMO, that the loss to Auburn was an aberration (I may very well be wrong)

#2 Oklahoma - they are balanced but depend more on offense to bail them out, that is how they are built

#3 Clemson - they are very balanced and are underrated with the fact that they can find multiple ways to win a game, a testament to good coaching, IMO

#4 Alabama - Georgia beats Auburn, Oklahoma beats TCU, and Clemson beats Miami, and Ohio State beats Wisconsin, if that is how things go, Alabama is in.

I was just talking for tomorrow, I am not so sure Georgia beats Auburn but Clemson probably beats Miami and Ohio St beats Wisconsin that I agree with. Oklahoma is my #1

Lost a lot of respect towards the Tennessee Football program and their fans.

Greg Schiano is a terrific coach and even a better man that helped rebuild the Rutgers program. Their fans used his past "allegation", if you even call it that, only because they wanted a bigger name for their next head coach position. If people did their investigating, they would know that Greg Schiano (and Tom Bradley) have been cleared on all levels. Ohio State and Tennessee did their investigating and even AD John Currie said everything turned out fine.

Tennessee fans acted like a mob. It's shameful. Now they are dumpster fire.

On 11/27/2017 at 4:30 PM, BR-549 said:

Purdue.jpg

Its just a rumor but it sounds like there's a reasonable chance my Cats will be playing yall in the Music City Bowl. A guy I listen to about UK sports said he's been told there's a good chance that's what our bowl match up will be. I think it gets officially announced this coming weekend.

18 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Its just a rumor but it sounds like there's a reasonable chance my Cats will be playing yall in the Music City Bowl. A guy I listen to about UK sports said he's been told there's a good chance that's what our bowl match up will be. I think it gets officially announced this coming weekend.

That is what I heard too.  That will be a fun game to watch if true.  I am guessing that when they announce the four playoff teams they also do the other bowl games, but I am not positive on that.

I am hoping all this noise about Brohm leaving for Tenn is just noise... hate to see him go if it happens.

50 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

That is what I heard too.  That will be a fun game to watch if true.  I am guessing that when they announce the four playoff teams they also do the other bowl games, but I am not positive on that.

I am hoping all this noise about Brohm leaving for Tenn is just noise... hate to see him go if it happens.

Yeah it sounds like they are making a push for him. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. 

33 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yeah it sounds like they are making a push for him. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. 

Listening to JMV and his guest, pretty sure he is staying..... Whew!

It will be like this every year as long as he does this well or better.

9 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Listening to JMV and his guest, pretty sure he is staying..... Whew!

It will be like this every year as long as he does this well or better.

Is Tennessee ever gonna find a coach? Lol and you're right about that. Brohm is definitely on the up and coming coaches list 

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Is Tennessee ever gonna find a coach? Lol and you're right about that. Brohm is definitely on the up and coming coaches list 

They are making themselves look pretty bad if you ask me.  Like Dakich says... why are you letting the fans decide who your coach is.....

Heard they are also looking at Chad Morris who is at SMU, but not sure if there is any substance there or not.  They really are doing a poor job in their search and its my opinion that it may end up reflecting in who is willing to sign with them.  

3 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

They are making themselves look pretty bad if you ask me.  Like Dakich says... why are you letting the fans decide who your coach is.....

Heard they are also looking at Chad Morris who is at SMU, but not sure if there is any substance there or not.  They really are doing a poor job in their search and its my opinion that it may end up reflecting in who is willing to sign with them.  

Maybe the fans should choose recently everyone they pick blows 

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I think Tenn is having some issues for sure.  They sure have made a clown show out of the ordeal this week...

I have nothing against them but if they wanted Shciano they should have hired him... not allow the fans to pressure them into not doing it.  Who knows what really happened behind closed doors though.  It just seems like they have poorly handled this so far...

1 minute ago, BR-549 said:

I think Tenn is having some issues for sure.  They sure have made a clown show out of the ordeal this week...

I have nothing against them but if they wanted Shciano they should have hired him... not allow the fans to pressure them into not doing it.  Who knows what really happened behind closed doors though.  It just seems like they have poorly handled this so far...

He isnt that good either idk why no good coaches wanna go to UT they are a great school and should be an SEC powerhouse it's sad 

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

He isnt that good either idk why no good coaches wanna go to UT they are a great school and should be an SEC powerhouse it's sad 

It is a good school and a nice campus.

It is too bad how the events have unfolded recently.  They really haven't made much noise since Peyton Manning left as far as I know.  Back when I was younger they were always competitive.  Speaking of Fulmer mostly.

I don't and have never really followed them even though my brother lives in Tenn and is a fan.  But it seems like they have been pretty crappy since Phil Fulmer was gone and Lane Kiffen took over.  

8 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

It is too bad how the events have unfolded recently.  They really haven't made much noise since Peyton Manning left as far as I know.  Back when I was younger they were always competitive.  Speaking of Fulmer mostly.

I don't and have never really followed them even though my brother lives in Tenn and is a fan.  But it seems like they have been pretty crappy since Phil Fulmer was gone and Lane Kiffen took over.  

Yeah they haven't done crap 

50 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

I think they'll have to go after Tee Martin. He may be the only one who will take that job.

48 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I honestly thought Butch Jones would work out for them. He coached at some lower level school but he was pretty highly regarded at the time IIRC.

I think the best coaching hire by far this year is Dan Mullen to Florida. I think he's going to kill it there. Their offenses have been pretty much terrible since Urban Meyer left, but Mullen is going to change that. 

30 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Phil Fulmer was a great coach. They definitely haven't been the same since.

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I honestly thought Butch Jones would work out for them. He coached at some lower level school but he was pretty highly regarded at the time IIRC.

I think the best coaching hire by far this year is Dan Mullen to Florida. I think he's going to kill it there. Their offenses have been pretty much terrible since Urban Meyer left, but Mullen is going to change that. 

I did too... I though Butch would catalyst them into something we haven't seen from them in a long long time.  Not sure what happened there.

Oh, and I like Dan Mullen a lot too.  It will be interesting to see some of the recruiting battles in the region and how they turn out over the next few years.  I will go out on a limb and say Mullen will have them back on top within 2-5 years.

2 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

I did too... I though Butch would catalyst them into something we haven't seen from them in a long long time.  Not sure what happened there.

Oh, and I like Dan Mullen a lot too.  It will be interesting to see some of the recruiting battles in the region and how they turn out over the next few years.  I will go out on a limb and say Mullen will have them back on top within 2-5 years.

Oh I agree 100%. One thing Florida has lacked is an offense and a good QB and Mullen is one of the best in the business in both of those areas. Once he finds his Dak Prescott for Florida they'll be back to prominence.

20 hours ago, BR-549 said:

There was the problem.  This guy has never shown any reason to be a coach.  His daddy's name helped his career but his lack of everything has shown he is a disaster no matter where he is.  Tenneesee, USC, Oakland Raiders, Bama OC, and now FAU.  Never been a fan of his.  

16 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

There was the problem.  This guy has never shown any reason to be a coach.  His daddy's name helped his career but his lack of everything has shown he is a disaster no matter where he is.  Tenneesee, USC, Oakland Raiders, Bama OC, and now FAU.  Never been a fan of his.  

Me either... don't like him

People in Nebraska take their Football serious. I have been a fan since 1983. They have a shop there with Scott Frost stuff! May the Frost be with you is on a shirt being sold lmao They have signs saying come home Scott Frost! It's winning time again baby, come back to Lincoln Scott! I approve these messages. He was the starting QB on the 1997 team that won it all and has done a Great job at UCF.