Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football 2017-2018 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Auburn vs Georgia got a whole lot interesting now.

I think Georgia wins and makes it to the playoffs as a 1 loss team because I still feel Georgia glossed over Auburn casually with too many mistakes made in that game. Georgia making it as a 1 loss team opens the door for Alabama. Auburn would have 3 losses if it loses in the SEC title game. Contrary to what Buckeye fans want to say, they do not deserve a berth even if they beat Wisconsin in the Big Ten title game. The same treatment doled out to Penn State last year should be doled out to Ohio State this year as a 2 loss team, IMO, especially if there are several quality 1 loss teams to evaluate.

In the end, I think Georgia, Oklahoma, Clemson and Alabama will make it to the playoffs. That does assume Georgia, Oklahoma and Clemson win their conference championship games.  Clemson's win over Auburn looks better now, IMO.

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

Now I think its over

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Game over! Auburn wins. I am 1-1 so far on my upset picks. Was wrong with Michigan. Stanford over ND is my tiebreaker. I picked Auburn and nailed it.

Yay! Glad to hear that Bama lost. :D

Stanford and ND coming up. Go Stanford!

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks, you just made me feel better lmao You are right though but Nebraska has a better tradition than Florida does. We spanked them in 1995 62-20 in the Title Game. My 95 team was the best of all-time.

I did not realize that Scott Frost played QB for Nebraska on one of their championship teams. Was he the QB of that '95 team? No wonder you want him to coach your team.

I don't recall Scott Frost from the Nebraska teams at all. I remember Tommie Frazier and Eric Crouch. 

9 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I did not realize that Scott Frost played QB for Nebraska on one of their championship teams. Was he the QB of that '95 team? No wonder you want him to coach your team.

I don't recall Scott Frost from the Nebraska teams at all. I remember Tommie Frazier and Eric Crouch. 

Frost was the QB on the 1997 team that won it all.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Stanford won! I was 2-1 on my upset picks.

:rock:Despite having a down year, Stanford will play in the PAC-12 Championship Game against USC. They lost big to USC earlier in the year. Their other two losses were by 3 points each, to Washington St and San Diego St.

It won't be easy but hopefully they can beat USC in the rematch. I believe the winner will go to the Rose Bowl.

18 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

:rock:Despite having a down year, Stanford will play in the PAC-12 Championship Game against USC. They lost big to USC earlier in the year. Their other two losses were by 3 points each, to Washington St and San Diego St.

It won't be easy but hopefully they can beat USC in the rematch. I believe the winner will go to the Rose Bowl.

Stanford had a pretty good year, 9-3 is Good. They could've easily been 11-1. Getting back to Scott Frost, yeah he was the QB on the 1997 National Title team. I would love if he took over at Nebraska. Nebraska's other signature teams were 1983 - Turner Gill was QB, 1987 - Steve Taylor was QB, 1994 - Tommie Frazier/Brook Berringer both played at QB, that was the season Frazier had a blood clot in his leg, 1995 - Tommie Frazier was QB, 2001Eric Crouch was QB.

26 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Good luck :) hope they win. After my cats took 2 beatdowns in a row I'm pretty down about college football. I like Mark Stoops but every year the defense is just so terrible. Needs to make changes on that side of the ball IMO.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Stanford had a pretty good year, 9-3 is Good. They could've easily been 11-1. Getting back to Scott Frost, yeah he was the QB on the 1997 National Title team. I would love if he took over at Nebraska. Nebraska's other signature teams were 1983 - Turner Gill was QB, 1987 - Steve Taylor was QB, 1994 - Tommie Frazier/Brook Berringer both played at QB, that was the season Frazier had a blood clot in his leg, 1995 - Tommie Frazier was QB, 2001Eric Crouch was QB.

For Frost it sounds like it'll come down to Florida or Nebraska. 

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

Good luck :) hope they win. After my cats took 2 beatdowns in a row I'm pretty down about college football. I like Mark Stoops but every year the defense is just so terrible. Needs to make changes on that side of the ball IMO.

I am sorry to hear that. You have to stick with Stoops to get some continuity. Starting all over does not lead to more success. 

I think recruiting is the most important factor in winning in college football. How has Kentucky done in recruiting football players? Maybe around National Signing Day (I think that is what it is called), we can have a thread on recruiting. That is usually around Feb. 6th.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I am sorry to hear that. You have to stick with Stoops to get some continuity. Starting all over does not lead to more success. 

I think recruiting is the most important factor in winning in college football. How has Kentucky done in recruiting football players? Maybe around National Signing Day (I think that is what it is called), we can have a thread on recruiting. That is usually around Feb. 6th.

I almost ran the table on my underdog picks, Auburn and Stanford came through for me. Harbaugh was up 14-0 but couldn't hold it. Michigan's QB stinks.

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

He recruits surprisingly well by Kentucky standards. Usually rated somewhere between 20-30 and even had one that was rated 15. Hes probably the best recruiter in our history. I don't feel like his staff does a very good job developing talent though. I think we need a new defensive coordinator and secondary coach because I see very little development on that side of the ball. We actually have several 4 stars and even high 3 stars on defense and yet after year 5 they are still so bad. 

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

He recruits surprisingly well by Kentucky standards. Usually rated somewhere between 20-30 and even had one that was rated 15. Hes probably the best recruiter in our history. I don't feel like his staff does a very good job developing talent though. I think we need a new defensive coordinator and secondary coach because I see very little development on that side of the ball. We actually have several 4 stars and even high 3 stars on defense and yet after year 5 they are still so bad. 

Hey 7-5 is Above Average. Huskers went 4-8 :facepalm:

Here is a good article about Scott Frost. It is long but it is a good read, especially for a Nebraska fan. 

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/the-story-of-scott-frost-s-love-hate-relationship-with/article_d23a0bb0-ba7f-11e7-85a1-07e004b8e998.html

Did you know???

Nebraska native Scott Frost originally turned down a scholarship to Nebraska to go to Stanford.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Here is a good article about Scott Frost. It is long but it is a good Read, especially for a Nebraska fan. 

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/the-story-of-scott-frost-s-love-hate-relationship-with/article_d23a0bb0-ba7f-11e7-85a1-07e004b8e998.html

Did you know???

Scott Frost originally turned down a scholarship to Nebraska to go to Stanford.

Yeah he was a Cardinal and a Husker. Great stuff!

5 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yeah, recruiting is just the first step. Developing the players is also important. Perhaps they can replace some position coaches, but I think UK should retain Stoops. 

Who is everyone's Final 4? Here's mine:

#1 Oklahoma - They are the best team in the Nation IMO

#2 Auburn -  I think they can beat anyone, they just beat Georgia and Bama!

#3 Clemson - They were at 3 last week, I think they belong here.

#4 Wisconsin - Has to be for now, they are undefeated and were 5th last week.

-Bama would be 5th if anyone is wondering, all it takes is a Wisconsin loss and that opens the door for Bama IMO.

44 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Yeah, recruiting is just the first step. Developing the players is also important. Perhaps they can replace some position coaches, but I think UK should retain Stoops. 

Yeah I'm not ready to see Stoops go yet. Hes done a mostly good job of taking us out of the sewer which Joker Phillips put us in. But I think he needs to shake up the D side of the ball, and hopefully he does 

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Who is everyone's Final 4? Here's mine:

#1 Oklahoma - They are the best team in the Nation IMO

#2 Auburn -  I think they can beat anyone, they just beat Georgia and Bama!

#3 Clemson - They were at 3 last week, I think they belong here.

#4 Wisconsin - Has to be for now, they are undefeated and were 5th last week.

-Bama would be 5th if anyone is wondering, all it takes is a Wisconsin loss and that opens the door for Bama IMO.

Its tough. You could argue for 3 or 4 different top 4s. Some people would argue for Alabama to still be in, Ohio State (which I think would be ridiculous but I know that talk is coming)  probably Georgia too etc...

Edit: Miami is another team too who you could make a case for.

14 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Its tough. You could argue for 3 or 4 different top 4s. Some people would argue for Alabama to still be in, Ohio State (which I think would be ridiculous but I know that talk is coming)  probably Georgia too etc...

Edit: Miami is another team too who you could make a case for.

I think because Wisconsin is undefeated and were 5th last week, the deserve 1 week of respect. Do I think they will beat Ohio St - No, nor do I think they are better than Bama but they are undefeated. If they beat Ohio St then they deserve #4.

26 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Schiano helped keep Sandusky out of jail. Yikes. Would not like that hire if I were a UT fan.

Did he? I did not know that. I too would not want him coaching my team. Sandusky took advantage of vulnerable boys/young men who he knew would not say anything because of their situation. I hope he is never paroled.   

How did Schiano try to keep Sandusky out of jail? (You can reply later. You have Colts football to focus on today.)

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Did he? I did not know that. I too would not want him coaching my team. Sandusky took advantage of vulnerable boys/young men who he knew would not say anything because of their situation. I hope he is never paroled.   

How did Schiano try to keep Sandusky out of jail? (You can reply later. You have Colts football to focus on today.)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/early-lead/wp/2016/07/12/greg-schiano-tom-bradley-knew-of-jerry-sandusky-abuse-at-penn-state-documents-show/

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Tennessee killed the deal. Whats crazy Schiano signed the contract. He will need bought out. What a mess.