Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football 2017-2018 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, GOZER said:

Whew!!! What a game, glad Purdue got out of there with a win!!! Brohms got a good thing going for the Boilers, hope we can hang onto him past next season!

4213C939-5B6D-4A03-A432-AB25512AAD75.jpeg

Me too.  He is quickly becoming a hot commodity. I think he likes it there and even though money talks most of the time, I think Purdue is committed to building a solid program and may have promised Jeff pretty much anything he wants, which should help keep him in place.

I thought the comments were nice last night about him changing his philosophy to better fit the existing players rather than forcing his scheme on them.  It paid off.  Also, if you look at the season they could/ should have been a 10 or 11 win team.... that says a lot!

I was nervous for sure, but I had a feeling we would pull it off.  You could see it in the players.  They never panicked and they did what they needed to do.  Good bunch of kids.  

By the way, one of my buddies works for Thienemen's dad.  He owns a pretty large construction firm that mostly builds or refurbishes municipal waste water treatment plants.  Also a Purdue grad.  Just thought I would throw that in there, lol.

Cant wait to see what Brohm has in store for next season....

Great Win!!!!

1 hour ago, BR-549 said:

Me too.  He is quickly becoming a hot commodity. I think he likes it there and even though money talks most of the time, I think Purdue is committed to building a solid program and may have promised Jeff pretty much anything he wants, which should help keep him in place.

I thought the comments were nice last night about him changing his philosophy to better fit the existing players rather than forcing his scheme on them.  It paid off.  Also, if you look at the season they could/ should have been a 10 or 11 win team.... that says a lot!

I was nervous for sure, but I had a feeling we would pull it off.  You could see it in the players.  They never panicked and they did what they needed to do.  Good bunch of kids.  

By the way, one of my buddies works for Thienemen's dad.  He owns a pretty large construction firm that mostly builds or refurbishes municipal waste water treatment plants.  Also a Purdue grad.  Just thought I would throw that in there, lol.

Cant wait to see what Brohm has in store for next season....

Great Win!!!!

After the game they mentioned Blough battling for the starting job next year.....If last nights game didn’t cement Sindelar as the starting QB then I don’t know what will.....I preferred him over Blough Anyway.

Just now, GOZER said:

After the game they mentioned Blough battling for the starting job next year.....If last nights game didn’t cement Sindelar as the starting QB then I don’t know what will.....I preferred him over Blough Anyway.

Agree.  

He looked pretty solid last night.  A little rusty to start but was accurate for the most part and made good decisions.

7 hours ago, GOZER said:

I was impressed with Sindelar. You guys have a good thing going there. All the best in the coming years. I used to follow Purdue in the Brees and Orton years. I liked both a lot. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@NFLfan I seen Stanford lost, sorry about that. I fell asleep during the 4th Qtr last night. They still had a Very Good season. TCU is pretty good.

Yeah, that's too bad. I think Love has one more year of eligibility but I am not certain. Selfishly I would love for him to come back to Stanford but I can understand if he wants to go pro.

Love is a good student too; he is an aspiring physician. What's not to like about Love! 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Yeah, that's too bad. I think Love has one more year of eligibility but I am not certain. Selfishly I would love him to come back to Stanford but I can understand if he wants to go pro.

Love is a good student too; he is an aspiring physician. What's not to like about Love! 

I watched until late in the 4th and fell asleep. Sucks that Stanford lost.

And yeah I think Love will be gone. Cant blame him. 

5 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I watched until late in the 4th and fell asleep. Sucks that Stanford lost.

And yeah I think Love will be gone. Cant blame him. 

Have you watched many games? Have any players stood out to you?

I have not followed much college football outside of Stanford games. 

Which of the QBs do you like best?

What is not to like about Mayfield? I love his competitiveness and "never say die" type of attitude on the field.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

What is not to like about Mayfield? I love his competitiveness and "never say die" type of attitude on the field.

I have watched a decent amount of games. Mostly prime time game lol. But I think Mayfield is my favorite. I thought the people comparing him to Johnny Manziel were over the top ridiculous. He definitely does show emotion but so what? That makes his behavior like a druggie? Lol, ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I have watched a decent amount of games. Mostly prime time game lol. But I think Mayfield is my favorite. I thought the people comparing him to Johnny Manziel were over the top ridiculous. He definitely does show emotion but so what? That makes his behavior like a druggie? Lol, ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

During the Texas-Oklahoma WBB last night and the Sooner announcers said Mayfield is not feeling well

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

During the Texas-Oklahoma WBB last night and the Sooner announcers said Mayfield is not feeling well

Yeah hes missed a few Oklahoma off the field activities I think I heard. I think hes practicing though. But if hes not better by Monday it will be interesting to see if it affects his game.

16 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I was impressed with Sindelar. You guys have a good thing going there. All the best in the coming years. I used to follow Purdue in the Brees and Orton years. I liked both a lot. 

Thanks, I’m pretty optimistic after the turnaround this season.....although news came out yesterday that Sindelar played the last 3 games with a torn ACL! He’s going to have it surgically repaired next month. Pretty amazing that he was able to grind it out and play as well as he did. Hopefully he’s healed up and ready to go at least by the beginning of next season. Blough is coming back for another year as well, not sure I like that idea, lol.

Sorry about the Stanford loss, good game though.

8 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Terrible cal

What makes it worse was Snell was literally bodyslammed after the play was over and they didn't call it, yet it was called on UK earlier in the game. If I were Snell I wouldn't want that ref anywhere near me. What a load of garbage that was.

Win or lose, I hope Stoops rips that ref after the game, and pay the fine.

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

What makes it worse was Snell was literally bodyslammed after the play was over and they didn't call it, yet it was called on UK earlier in the game. If I were Snell I wouldn't want that ref anywhere near me. What a load of garbage that was.

I hated reds like that when I was playing and coaching 

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

So absurd that Snell was ejected for that. He didn't want the refs help in getting up, so he pulled away from the refs hands and he gets ejected for it?

Refs and their egos.

Are you serious? The officiating is turning me away from sports. 

What game was this?