MPStack Final Mock

1. Gareon Conley CB Ohio State

2. Derek Rivers DE/OLB Youngstown St.

3. Nico Siragusa OG San Diego St.

4. Xavier Woods SS Lousiana Tech

4. Wayne Gallman RB Clemson

4. Vince Biegel OLB Wisconsin

5. Connor Harris ILB Lindenwood

Would LOVE to have Derek Rivers. Concern about small school program he was from, but has all the combine measurables, character, and desire. I can see him being a DeMarcus Ware while another more heralded pass rusher becomes a Shawne Merriman in years 1-3 before busting.

The Magnificent Seven, is what we are seeking to draft. :)

If we are using more ZBS, is Siragusa the guy we want? He seems like he is more suited for the power blocking schemes, IMO. Maybe a guy like Dion Dawkins who, if moved to guard, can provide the athleticism and power???

Other than that, this mock draft is very good, IMO.

49 minutes ago, MPStack said:

He one of the best blocking RB`s in the draft. Compares somewhat to Matt Forte. 

Cant agree.  You're right about his blocking, but he's not exactly a power back nor does he have the speed to be a slasher in the pros.  Just MHO.

May be a bit early for Nico, but I think if you really like a guy it's better to go early.   TBH, I only know what I read about him and there's some good and bad.   Pumphrey must have liked him.

Love Rivers, YSU is one of my alma's so I'm prejudiced.   Woods - great pick.

45 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Cant agree.  You're right about his blocking, but he's not exactly a power back nor does he have the speed to be a slasher in the pros.  Just MHO.

So he's a balanced back / a one cut back? There's more than power back and scat back running backs. A balanced back is kinda what we need for a zbs

17 minutes ago, twfish said:

So he's a balanced back / a one cut back? There's more than power back and scat back running backs. A balanced back is kinda what we need for a zbs

Could be.  Just my observation.   

You know how some RBs just jump off the screen when you're watching them?  Guys like Cook, MaCaffrey, Mixon, etc.?  You know they're going to be good at the next level.   

Then there's guys like Perine and Gallman who I look at and think they're really good college RBs, but I just don't see them being anything more than serviceable in the pros.  The Josh Robinson types.

Again, just my opinion.   

3 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Could be.  Just my observation.   

You know how some RBs just jump off the screen when you're watching them?  Guys like Cook, MaCaffrey, Mixon, etc.?  You know they're going to be good at the next level.   

Then there's guys like Perine and Gallman who I look at and think they're really good college RBs, but I just don't see them being anything more than serviceable in the pros.  The Josh Robinson types.

Again, just my opinion.   

Rereading my quote to you It was very snide looking but I didn't mean it that way so I'm sorry on that.

Here's the thing about the guys that jump off the screen, they are usually the ones that will be taken higher and were looking at the 4th round. Looking at gallman he's had good steady production playing in a higher cin France and he may not flash every time he touches the ball but he has definetly shown enough for me to be comfortable taking him later and having him sir behind gore. My problem with the small school backs is they really have to jump out. I can't remember who said it, but if you show somebody tape of a smaller school kid without them knowing who too look at and they don't jump out within the first couple plays there not worth looking to much into. The 2 late round running backs *not including mixon because who knows what round he will go* that have shown me flashes so far are James Conner and Wayne Gallman. I have come nowhere near watching as much tape on running backs as I'd like to so if you have more suggestions outside of guys like Marlon Mack, Jamaal Williams, Perrine, Kareem hunt, Brian Hill and other forum favorite and early RB. But here's the reason gallman nudges out Conner for Me, we already have a short yardage back in Turbin and IMO a short yardage back is probably the easiest RB to get there almost a dime a dozen. Gallman is a balanced 3 down back that is missing on this roster and a back the colts have been missing for a long time. I'm not big on RBBC. I think it can show your hand way to easily. If he spent the year behind turbin and gore getting snaps here and there I think he could be our bell cow for 2018 but this is just my opinion.

6 hours ago, twfish said:

Rereading my quote to you It was very snide looking but I didn't mean it that way so I'm sorry on that.

Here's the thing about the guys that jump off the screen, they are usually the ones that will be taken higher and were looking at the 4th round. Looking at gallman he's had good steady production playing in a higher cin France and he may not flash every time he touches the ball but he has definetly shown enough for me to be comfortable taking him later and having him sir behind gore. My problem with the small school backs is they really have to jump out. I can't remember who said it, but if you show somebody tape of a smaller school kid without them knowing who too look at and they don't jump out within the first couple plays there not worth looking to much into. The 2 late round running backs *not including mixon because who knows what round he will go* that have shown me flashes so far are James Conner and Wayne Gallman. I have come nowhere near watching as much tape on running backs as I'd like to so if you have more suggestions outside of guys like Marlon Mack, Jamaal Williams, Perrine, Kareem hunt, Brian Hill and other forum favorite and early RB. But here's the reason gallman nudges out Conner for Me, we already have a short yardage back in Turbin and IMO a short yardage back is probably the easiest RB to get there almost a dime a dozen. Gallman is a balanced 3 down back that is missing on this roster and a back the colts have been missing for a long time. I'm not big on RBBC. I think it can show your hand way to easily. If he spent the year behind turbin and gore getting snaps here and there I think he could be our bell cow for 2018 but this is just my opinion.

No problem, I always enjoy your posts.  I think our first disagreement is that you said we're looking for a 4th round RB.  IMO, the guys left after the big 4 (Fournette, Cook, Mac, Mixon) are 'dime a dozen' type of guys.

You mention Turbin as our short yardage RB.  Let's pretend they're both in the draft this year.  Turbin is bigger, faster, stronger, and had a better college career than Gallman (albeit against lesser competition).  Most people would probably want him as our 4th round pick.  We already have him.  As you can tell, I'm hoping we get Mac or Mixon.

Also, isn't it funny how your 'conference' was auto corrected to 'cin France'? 

11 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

No problem, I always enjoy your posts.  I think our first disagreement is that you said we're looking for a 4th round RB.  IMO, the guys left after the big 4 (Fournette, Cook, Mac, Mixon) are 'dime a dozen' type of guys.

You mention Turbin as our short yardage RB.  Let's pretend they're both in the draft this year.  Turbin is bigger, faster, stronger, and had a better college career than Gallman (albeit against lesser competition).  Most people would probably want him as our 4th round pick.  We already have him.  As you can tell, I'm hoping we get Mac or Mixon.

Also, isn't it funny how your 'conference' was auto corrected to 'cin France'? 

I appreciate that. I guess I'm talking about this specific mock draft at taking a RB in the 4th. I have absolutely no idea when the colts will take one and wouldn't even be mad at cmac at 15 since I think he's going to be such an impactful player. 

2 different style backs between Turbin and Gallman. The hard thing comparing the 2 in asking who would we want is we know what Turbin can do we have no idea about gallman can do but I agree to your point. If we didn't have Turbin I would want Conner instead.

This new update for Samsung messed my auto correct up bad and corrected it like 10 times and missed that one but when I saw the correction I decided it was worth keeping it like that hahahahahaha