Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Blueprint To Beating The Pats

21isSuperman

Same blueprint as beating Peyton, win time of possession and keep Brady on the sidelines like keeping Peyton on the sidelines.

Giants 37 minutes to Patriots 23 minutes - that says it all.

Giants did that in 2007, Saints did that (though with an onside kick) in 2009, Giants did it again in 2011.

That is how you beat Brady and Peyton, especially if you have to have a QB carry the game and not be able to have playmakers on D which the Pats are facing like the Colts did with Peyton.

So 3 out of NE's past 4 season shortcomings trace back to Bernard Pollard.

08, Pollard injures Brady, no playoffs

09, Pollard injures Welker, one and done

11, Pollard injures Gronk enough that he's not 100%, lose Super Bowl

Giants should give this guy an honorary ring or something.

Sign Bernard Pollard

Though Gronk is special, the Giants lost 2 of their 3 TE's during this game. As an NFL purist, even when dealing with my Colts, I hate it when key players are out or hobbled. I want to see both teams as close to 100% as possible so that there are no ready made excuses.

Though Gronk is special, the Giants lost 2 of their 3 TE's during this game. As an NFL purist, even when dealing with my Colts, I hate it when key players are out or hobbled. I want to see both teams as close to 100% as possible so that there are no ready made excuses.

That's why I absolutely hate the idea of extending the season. If anything I wish it were shortened so that players are in better shape for the playoffs.

Ya I as a Pats fan will always wonder WHAT IF Gronk had been 100% the Giants couldn't contain Hernandez for most of the game so my GUTT says the Pats O rolls over the Giants D if Gronk was 100% (heck if Welker holds onto the ball the Pats probably win ugg)