Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another Colts Mock

Not sure what number this is but let's get to it:

R1: Haason Reddick ILB/OLB Alternate: Solomon Thomas DE (likely gone before this pick)

Can play 2 of our biggest needs

R2: Tarell Basham DE Ohio

A stud defensive end to help with the pass rush

R3: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa

Can eat up some blockers in the middle of the line

R4: Sidney Jones CB Washington

Round 1 corner dropping due to Achilles

R4: Marlon Mack RB South Florida

RB that can do it all

R4: Jake Butt TE Michigan

Better player than Allen and we can get our 2 TE sets going again

R5: Jourdan Lewis CB Michigan

Falls here due to off the field issues, a steal at this round.

2 hours ago, Tmoney said:

I think thats really high for Basham. I'm curious to see where Sydney Jones and Jordan Lewis end up going. I think they both go way higher then this but who knows.

Agree with this. Personally, I would avoid him at this point unless I traded down or the defensive picks were just barren at this point. There are guys that will be better that will be there IMO like DeMarcus Walker and Carl Lawson IMO. Even Charles Harris could be there potentially. Other than that, I love the OP's draft.

With our addition of Sean Spence DE...I'm wondering the direction of our draft...OLBs and DEs (Check) DT (Check)...  Sheard, Simon, Mingo, Spence, Wood, Hunt, etc...

Thinking RD1: ILB (Foster, Reddick)  S  (Adams, Hooker, Peppers) OL (Lamp, Ramcyzk, Bolles) CB (Wilson, Humphrey)

In a draft this deep, it only makes sense to trade back. Even if it means trading back ONE spot in the 1st round for an additional 5th or 6th rounder, especially if we know that the player the trade partner is targeting is NOT the same player that we are targeting.

Here's my mock with no trades.

YOUR PICKS
1: R1P15
CB MARSHON LATTIMORE
OHIO STATE
2: R2P14
EDGE JORDAN WILLIS
KANSAS STATE
3: R3P15
DL JALEEL JOHNSON
IOWA
4: R4P14
EDGE TARELL BASHAM
OHIO
5: R4P30
RB BRIAN HILL
WYOMING
6: R4P37
LB ANTHONY WALKER
NORTHWESTERN
7: R5P15
DL NAZAIR JONES
NORTH CAROLINA

39 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

In a draft this deep, it only makes sense to trade back. Even if it means trading back ONE spot in the 1st round for an additional 5th or 6th rounder, especially if we know that the player the trade partner is targeting is NOT the same player that we are targeting.

YOUR PICKS
CB MARSHON LATTIMORE
OHIO STATE
EDGE JORDAN WILLIS
KANSAS STATE
DL JALEEL JOHNSON
IOWA
EDGE TARELL BASHAM
OHIO
RB BRIAN HILL
WYOMING
LB ANTHONY WALKER
NORTHWESTERN
DL NAZAIR JONES
NORTH CAROLINA

Not bad.  Obviously, the thing you need to trade back is a willing partner.  Someone behind us who has a need that we don't.  QB comes to mind.

In that scenario, the only team I see is the Texans.  Can't see them trading with us, but it's possible. Although, they may fix that before the draft.  

Of course, there are many other scenarios, this is just an example.  Someone had us trading with the Giants, but I'm not sure what they want that we don't need too.

2 hours ago, rock8591 said:

YOUR PICKS
CB MARSHON LATTIMORE
OHIO STATE
EDGE JORDAN WILLIS
KANSAS STATE
DL JALEEL JOHNSON
IOWA
EDGE TARELL BASHAM
OHIO
RB BRIAN HILL
WYOMING
LB ANTHONY WALKER
NORTHWESTERN
DL NAZAIR JONES
NORTH CAROLINA

I don't blame anyone for playing these games.     They're fun,  even addictive.

But they're not close to reality.

Lattimore should not be there at pick 15,  he's the top corner in the class.    Should be gone by 10.

Willis and Johnson MIGHT be there in the 2nd and 3rd rounds respectively.    But maybe not.

Basham I think goes by the end of the 3rd round, so I don't see him in the 4th.     The website still hasn't added the compensatory picks, so there are no other 4th round picks listed.

Hill MIGHT be there in the 5th round,  but I wouldn't bet on it.

Walker should be gone by the 3-D of the 4th round and so should Jones.    I don't see either lasting until the 6th or 7th rounds.  

These games are fun to play,   but they have no basis in reality.     They're not done by people who have a good grasp of the draft.     The only time they even begin to look realistic is one or two weeks before the draft.   Then they get a little bit better....    but not a lot.

Enjoy them.     Just don't take them too seriously.....

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't blame anyone for playing these games.     They're fun,  even addictive.

But they're not close to reality.

Lattimore should not be there at pick 15,  he's the top corner in the class.    Should be gone by 10.

Willis and Johnson MIGHT be there in the 2nd and 3rd rounds respectively.    But maybe not.

Basham I think goes by the end of the 3rd round, so I don't see him in the 4th.     The website still hasn't added the compensatory picks, so there are no other 4th round picks listed.

Hill MIGHT be there in the 5th round,  but I wouldn't bet on it.

Walker should be gone by the 3-D of the 4th round and so should Jones.    I don't see either lasting until the 6th or 7th rounds.  

These games are fun to play,   but they have no basis in reality.     They're not done by people who have a good grasp of the draft.     The only time they even begin to look realistic is one or two weeks before the draft.   Then they get a little bit better....    but not a lot.

Enjoy them.     Just don't take them too seriously.....

I neglected to mention...the website "lists" our draft picks by order once the draft is over...not round...

e.g. so draft picks above are for rounds 1 2 3 4 4 4 5, not 1-7...7 being our 7th selection, not 7th round. So pick 5 and 6 are both 4th rounders. 7 is 5th round.

Strange the website has the draft order fixed but uses a bad listing method post-draft.

8 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

I neglected to mention...the website "lists" our draft picks by order once the draft is over...not round...

e.g. so draft picks above are for rounds 1 2 3 4 4 4 5, not 1-7...7 being our 7th selection, not 7th round. So pick 5 and 6 are both 4th rounders. 7 is 5th round.

Strange the website has the draft order fixed but uses a bad listing method post-draft.

Thanks....    good info....

I'm a bit surprised that I didn't figure that out....      my head must be somewhere else....  

Appreciate you clearing-up some of that.....      thanks again.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thanks....    good info....

I'm a bit surprised that I didn't figure that out....      my head must be somewhere else....  

Appreciate you clearing-up some of that.....      thanks again.

What about this one? I think this is probably the most REALISTIC one. I would not be surprised if this was 100% our draft. Very Chris Ballard-like, given what he wants to build.

P.S. Appears that the formatting of the page was fixed slightly on Fanspeak, now this version shows the rounds, not just pick orders.

15: R1P15
LB HAASON REDDICK
TEMPLE
46: R2P14
EDGE DEREK RIVERS
YOUNGSTOWN STATE
79: R3P15
CB RASUL DOUGLAS
WEST VIRGINIA
121: R4P14
RB BRIAN HILL
WYOMING
137: R4P30
DL NAZAIR JONES
NORTH CAROLINA
144: R4P37
G ISAAC ASIATA
UTAH
159: R5P15
TE GEORGE KITTLE
IOWA

29 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

What about this one? I think this is probably the most REALISTIC one. I would not be surprised if this was 100% our draft. Very Chris Ballard-like, given what he wants to build.

P.S. Appears that the formatting of the page was fixed slightly on Fanspeak, now this version shows the rounds, not just pick orders.

15: R1P15
LB HAASON REDDICK
TEMPLE
46: R2P14
EDGE DEREK RIVERS
YOUNGSTOWN STATE
79: R3P15
CB RASUL DOUGLAS
WEST VIRGINIA
121: R4P14
RB BRIAN HILL
WYOMING
137: R4P30
DL NAZAIR JONES
NORTH CAROLINA
144: R4P37
G ISAAC ASIATA
UTAH
159: R5P15
TE GEORGE KITTLE
IOWA

Very nicely done.        Far more realistic!       This is what our draft may look like on the Sunday after the draft is over....     And I'm just not sure how our fan base,  our community here,  will react?

It may not be sexy enough?     But of the simulated mocks I've seen,  this one is easily closer to being realistic....

Thanks for posting this one...!            :thmup:

Anything happens, we need our 1st and 2nd rounder to be borderline pro-bowlers, especially after Dorsett, Richardson, and Werner by Grigson.

If it means Ballard hiring a team of psychics, astrologists, and scientologists to predict the future, do it.

Will Haason Reddick be another Jamie Collins or a Jon Bostic?

Derek Rivers be another DeMarcus Ware or Jarvis Jones?

TJ Watt be a Ryan Kerrigan or a Bjoern Werner?

Forest Lamp a Zach Martin or a Mike McGlynn?

Rasul Douglas be a Malcolm Butler or a D'Joun Smith?

Jake Butt be Beevis or Butthead? :D

You get the idea.