Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What will Chris Ballard's approach be in Free Agency? (Merge)

ColtsStrong86

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Role players wont help is what I'm telling you this team lacks pro bowl caliber talent on the defensive side of the ball and its a glaring weakness that shows every game.

What the hell do you think Eric Berry and Melvin Ingram are?? Idk what fairytale land you live in but you can't get 4 or 5 all pros in FA 

20 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Put all that height and 40 time away bro. Sean Davis was simply the better of the 2, and both were very comparable coming into the draft. Both were 2 raw, high upside DB's who experts thought were drafted early.

But with that said I mean Green could come in net year and become a top 5 safety and end up being the better of the 2 in the long run, but I'm just highly doubting that personally. It just goes to show how poor our scouting is man. There were plenty of better players on the board from the 2nd round on who could have came in and contributed day 1. Bradberry, Ngakoue, Whitehair, and a handful more. Cody Whitehair after Ryan Kelly would have literally fixed our OL over night.

You said Sean Davis's ceiling was higher then Tj Greens. I'm not arguing who is a better player right now or who WILL be better. Tj's measurable make his ceiling higher

The wise thing to do is to only add someone of Quality that will be able to produce at a high level
  for 3-5 years Minimum. We are likely 3 years away from being able to do a SB caliber build.
   I think he will cut all the old folks and save the $$ for future contracts for our FA.
  Evaluate the coming added draftees, udfa, and the current players at the end of the 2017 season.
    Then you can better access what you need for the 2018 FA and draft.
 So he will be a minimalist this FA off season. 

On 1/31/2017 at 7:37 AM, Zach Boyd said:

I'm a big believer in building through the draft and resigning your own However if you want to be competitive this year he will have to sign two or three players just way to many holes

I agree. Way to many holes. And our division should be tougher in 2017.
  We need to sign some really good FA so we can at least go 8-8.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now