Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

GNets 2nd Fanspeak Mock...not sure I can do better

Foster is not even the unrealistic part of it. Love the prospect would like the pick but the dude is not perfect like everyone thinks. Hell struggle in the pass game early on. What I dont see happening is TJ Watt falling to the 2nd. Even if he does it'd be crazy if he fell to the 14th. Also smoot is a 2nd round prospect at least.

14 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I wish I had what you're smoking. 

I wish you would offer your expert scouting opinion. We are all dying to hear what you have to say instead of always telling people they're wrong. 

Foster is a stretch but ILBs don't typically go that high. 

TJ Watt is raw and has serious durability issues. He'll go 2nd round. 

King is right where he should be. 

Smoot isn't as good as you "experts" think. I think he could definitely end up in the 4th. 

2 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

I wish you would offer your expert scouting opinion. We are all dying to hear what you have to say instead of always telling people they're wrong. 

Smoot isn't as good as you "experts" think. I think he could definitely end up in the 4th. 

I was really hoping you'd tell me where you got your stuff..:argh:

But, never anywhere have I said I'm an expert. All I've claimed is to have common sense. Foster will not be available at #15, king can easily go in the 2nd, and Smoot won't be there in the 4th. We just disagree, it's cool lol. 

35 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I was really hoping you'd tell me where you got your stuff..:argh:

But, never anywhere have I said I'm an expert. All I've claimed is to have common sense. Foster will not be available at #15, king can easily go in the 2nd, and Smoot won't be there in the 4th. We just disagree, it's cool lol. 

The so called experts have been wrong before on where they mock guys too....I agree to disagree, but I don't think the draft is straight out of the "looney bin" considering I used FanSpeak's rankings.  This just seems like an ultra best case scenario for the draft, but you never know.  And Foster could very well be there at 15...Look at Patrick Willis, arguably one of the best ILB during his time, was a physical freak and had an astonishing performance at the underwear Olympics...he was draft #11..I doubt Foster will put up the same combine numbers, so there is a chance.

11 hours ago, SP_21 said:

You pay attention to the Senior Bowl week? 

11 hours ago, akcolt said:

You pay attention to the Senior Bowl week? 

Not that much. I believe Smoot has been doing well and that's what you're commenting on right?

I trust what I've seen on game film more than the Senior Bowl. He doesn't impress me as much as you guys. 

On 1/26/2017 at 9:47 AM, SP_21 said:

TJ not falling to 2nd, ruben foster is not a god, have we seen him cover like the linebackers he's being compared too? I rarely even see o-linemen touch the guy behind his All-Pro d-line at Bama. 3rds a good spot for corner king probably not but corners is good. Smoot might not go super high but 4th is not realistic.  

2 hours ago, Tmoney said:

TJ not falling to 2nd, ruben foster is not a god, have we seen him cover like the linebackers he's being compared too? I rarely even see o-linemen touch the guy behind his All-Pro d-line at Bama. 3rds a good spot for corner king probably not but corners is good. Smoot might not go super high but 4th is not realistic.  

Reuben Foster can cover very well and he has great range and instincts. On a loaded Alabama defense he stands out. That's why he's widely considered a top 5 player in this draft. Watch the Natty for a great example of what he brings to a defense. 

TJ Watt has had two serious knee injuries. Even without the injury/durability issues he's not a 1st round player. And would you really want the Colts,who are one of the most injury plagued teams, to draft a oft injured project player?

Tell me what you see in Smoot? I think the 4th round is where he belongs. 

2 hours ago, Tmoney said:

Reuben Foster can cover very well and he has great range and instincts. On a loaded Alabama defense he stands out. That's why he's widely considered a top 5 player in this draft. Watch the Natty for a great example of what he brings to a defense. 

TJ Watt has had two serious knee injuries. Even without the injury/durability issues he's not a 1st round player. And would you really want the Colts,who are one of the most injury plagued teams, to draft a oft injured project player?

12 hours ago, SP_21 said:

He's a great prospect but he wasn't asked to cover as much space as he will in the NFL. He's instinctive and a great athlete, but I'm not ready to just assume he can do it. Thats why I think he could be there at 15, no guarntee, but I'd love the pick. I get the injuries with TJ but he had a great year on those knees that you question. Would i love to get TJ in the 2nd Yea but I don't think he will. Smoot is explosive he didn't have much production but he has burst and a natural athlete who needs NFL coaching and polishing. Latest is a high 3rd

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/27/2017 at 11:52 AM, SP_21 said:

Not that much. I believe Smoot has been doing well and that's what you're commenting on right?

I trust what I've seen on game film more than the Senior Bowl. He doesn't impress me as much as you guys. 

It's not us that they (drafted players) have to impress, it's the teams scouts, and the HC / GM

College game film is consumed by teams scouts.  East-West game and Senior bowl are where coaches / GM's go see players in person.  It means a lot to them.  They'll compare what they see there in person to the scouts notes, and the game film they do get to chew on for certain players.

Most all of us do not get those opportunities, nor the volume of tape to break down players.  So it is  opinion here vs. other opinion, and none really matter in the end as it doesn't affect teams choices.  It does give one some bragging rights though.  But not until it ll plays out.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 11:34 AM, SP_21 said:

Smoot looks like a 3rd or 4th rounder to me when I watch too. He doesnt even get to the QB all that much. His team mate Carol Phillips gets there more.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:21 AM, DaColts85 said:

If a guy is projected late 1 or early 2 and is there in the 4th round then obviously something is wrong or you realize it is a simulation and highly unrealistic.

Whos doing the projecting? Walter Football?

I try not to be too harsh in either direction with this stuff. Every year there's people who we say "oh this guy is not falling out of xyz round" and they often do. People said the same stuff about Eddie Goldman and a couple other prospects in a previous draft and they all fell into the second round.

People were talking about Ridgeway in the first and second rounds last year and he was still sitting there in the 4th round.  So was Andrew Billings which is funny because almost everybody on this board thought he was an elite can't miss NT prospect that we just couldn't pass up on.  This guy was just destined for the 1st round and the Colts must have passed over this guy 100 times. It's almost as if they thought he was trash or something.       I try not to get too extreme about these mocks to be honest.  Many times these draft experts can be way off of what the teams are actually thinking.  And please lets not act like we haven't seen someone have a good Senior Bowl and still get drafted in the 3rd, 4th, or 5th round.

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

People were talking about Ridgeway in the first and second rounds last year and he was still sitting there in the 4th round.  So was Andrew Billings which is funny because almost everybody on this board thought he was an elite can't miss NT prospect that we just couldn't pass up on.      I try not to get to extreme about these mocks to be honest.

Especially before the combine and pro days.   Billings will probably be a decent player if he recovers well.  

And let's not forget the Scooby Wright deal from last year.  People were listing this dude anywhere from the low 1st round all the way down to the 3rd round and the dude goes totally undrafted.  Walter Football amongst others as well had him listed as a 2nd to 3rd round prospect.  LOL

1 hour ago, krunk said:

And let's not forget the Scooby Wright deal from last year.  People were listing this dude anywhere from the low 1st round all the way down to the 3rd round and the dude goes totally undrafted.  Walter Football amongst others as well had him listed as a 2nd to 3rd round prospect.  LOL

Well, almost.  The Browns took a flyer on Wright in the 7th but he didn't make the team.  

It it does show the vast discrepancy between fan drafts and the real ones.  Heck, Kiper and the crew rarely get half of the first round right.  

14 hours ago, krunk said:

Smoot looks like a 3rd or 4th rounder to me when I watch too. He doesnt even get to the QB all that much. His team mate Carol Phillips gets there more.

Smoot didn't have the year that was expected. He's raw for sure but he's still a day 2 guy when it's all said and done. 

Did you watch any tape from 2015? He had 1st round buzz coming into this year. The change in scheme this year hurt him I believe. 

Smoot has the size 6'3 255lbs. He's slippery quick and has all the tools you look for in an edge. He has a great first step, the ability to dip around the edge, good strength and size to hold up vs the run the ability to convert speed into power. He has strong hands and uses them well. 

You really think Phillips has the better future He looks day 3 to me lacks size We will see 

9 hours ago, akcolt said:

Smoot didn't have the year that was expected. He's raw for sure but he's still a day 2 guy when it's all said and done. 

Did you watch any tape from 2015? He had 1st round buzz coming into this year. The change in scheme this year hurt him I believe. 

Smoot has the size 6'3 255lbs. He's slippery quick and has all the tools you look for in an edge. He has a great first step, the ability to dip around the edge, good strength and size to hold up vs the run the ability to convert speed into power. He has strong hands and uses them well. 

You really think Phillips has the better future He looks day 3 to me lacks size We will see 

I think they are both day 3 prospects to day 4.    I think either one of them could be there.    Zierleins write up on Smoot gives the same impression.  Zierlein calls Smoot "Duck Footed".    

10 hours ago, akcolt said:

Phillips is more like 4th round.   I see Smoot more in the third round range.   This is my personal opinion for whatever that is worth.  We'll see what happens.

On 2/21/2017 at 6:49 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

It's not us that they (drafted players) have to impress, it's the teams scouts, and the HC / GM

College game film is consumed by teams scouts.  East-West game and Senior bowl are where coaches / GM's go see players in person.  It means a lot to them.  They'll compare what they see there in person to the scouts notes, and the game film they do get to chew on for certain players.

Most all of us do not get those opportunities, nor the volume of tape to break down players.  So it is  opinion here vs. other opinion, and none really matter in the end as it doesn't affect teams choices.  It does give one some bragging rights though.  But not until it ll plays out.

Isn't the point of the of this forum to discuss players and to give our thoughts and opinions on them?

Not sure why people still bother to write things like "you're not a scout" or "the experts say blah".