Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Doyel

WoolMagnet

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I have a friend who I played pokemon with. I won 2 City Championships, a State Championship, and a regional championship while I was there. He ended up going undefeated at nationals out of 2048 people before the playoffs started and lost in the first round. He never won any big tourneys. He would of traded that for a City or state championship in a heartbeat, despite the fact he beat 3 world champions in that tournament. Sometimes 1 big win defines your career. I went 5-3 at Nationals that year and missed the playoffs, yet everyone knows I've won big tourneys and that's how I'll be remembered. It matters to a lot of people, especially over time.

I understand your point but it's a little different in this context. I'm more suggesting that being a Hall of Famer (something people will definitely remember) should worth more than just having won a Super Bowl. I'm not sure whether there is a Poke hall of fame to compare this to but being in Canton is huge. People are going to remember a great player more than a role player on a championship team. Just because Andrew Luck hasn't won a Super Bowl in five years, doesn't mean he is wasting his career.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I have a friend who I played pokemon with. I won 2 City Championships, a State Championship, and a regional championship while I was there. He ended up going undefeated at nationals out of 2048 people before the playoffs started and lost in the first round. He never won any big tourneys. He would of traded that for a City or state championship in a heartbeat, despite the fact he beat 3 world champions in that tournament. Sometimes 1 big win defines your career. I went 5-3 at Nationals that year and missed the playoffs, yet everyone knows I've won big tourneys and that's how I'll be remembered. It matters to a lot of people, especially over time.

ONTHEWATERFRONT2.png

1 minute ago, VocableLoki said:

I understand your point but it's a little different in this context. I'm more suggesting that being a Hall of Famer (something people will definitely remember) should worth more than just having won a Super Bowl. I'm not sure whether there is a Poke hall of fame to compare this to but being in Canton is huge. People are going to remember a great player more than a role player on a championship team. Just because Andrew Luck hasn't won a Super Bowl in five years, doesn't mean he is wasting his career.

I'd say the millions of dollars that players who by the discussed criteria have "wasted" their careers also makes a large difference. 

Just now, VocableLoki said:

I get what you're saying. Marino and Tomlinson aren't role players though, they were the leaders and they were, unfortunately, on the side of bad luck. Yes, they will be hall-of-famers, Luck may not be a hall-of-famer though. He's far from a shoe in. He just doesn't have the team around him or any realistic chance as of now to win one. It's almost like he's just going through the motions until there's some change at the coaching level or talent level.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I get what you're saying. Marino and Tomlinson aren't role players though, they were the leaders and they were, unfortunately, on the side of bad luck. Yes, they will be hall-of-famers, Luck may not be a hall-of-famer though. He's far from a shoe in. He just doesn't have the team around him or any realistic chance as of now to win one. It's almost like he's just going through the motions until there's some change at the coaching level or talent level.

Should have been clearer: "people will remember a great player who does not win a championship more than a role player on a championship team."

Agreed, we need a better team to reach the Super Bowl.

2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

ONTHEWATERFRONT2.png

Don't know if you're calling me a liar, but I'm not hiding my name. I have nothing to hide about pokemon, not claiming I was a world champion and won a million dollars. Poor response from a moderator as I was comparing my situation to a football situation. Care to say what you've won a state championship in?

Doyel is becoming the Brad Wells of the Indy Star. 

If you do not acknowledge enough things that are positive with the team but operate with a "yeah but..." attitude all the time, we know you are filled with negativity. It is not hard to see through you that page clicks matter more than speculating both sides of an issue, even if it is subjectively done.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Doyel is becoming the Brad Wells of the Indy Star. 

If you do not acknowledge enough things that are positive with the team but operate with a "yeah but..." attitude all the time, we know you are filled with negativity. It is not hard to see through you that page clicks matter more than speculating both sides of an issue, even if it is subjectively done.

I read the piece, and even though Doyel has a snarky attitude, he's basically just reviewing what happened and is stating the facts. There's nothing off about the article that's that's bad.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Don't know if you're calling me a liar, but I'm not hiding my name. I have nothing to hide about pokemon, not claiming I was a world champion and won a million dollars. Poor response from a moderator as I was comparing my situation to a football situation. Care to say what you've won a state championship in?

To quote the oft uttered utterance on here.... Dear lord. If you think this is in anyway calling you a liar then you clearly don't get the reference. You're then complaining I'm belittling your achievement while at the same time trying to start a urine production contest about accomplishments. Somewhat of a mixed message there. 

Besides, it was technically impossible for me to have won a "State" championship during my formative years. 

23 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Everyone knows you won big tourneys? Jared Cisneros never heard of her lmao

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

To quote the oft uttered utterance on here.... Dear lord. If you think this is in anyway calling you a liar then you clearly don't get the reference. You're then complaining I'm belittling your achievement while at the same time trying to start a urine production contest about accomplishments. Somewhat of a mixed message there. 

Besides, it was technically impossible for me to have won a "State" championship during my formative years. 

I don't get the reference, it looks like a random guy with a "whatever" look on his face. I was only trying to compare a real life situation a friend of mine and i had with how Luck and other hall-of-famers would feel about a SB win.

4 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Just wasted part of my life reading this fool's drivel.

hate Irsay much buddy? He's doing more to make this a "circus" as he calls it.

i'd say mr. Doyel was stuffed in lockers by the football team when he was young. Maybe he's being stuffed in lockers to this day.

he's certainly not doing this organization any favors.

I didn't read the article in question. But noticed once again that "a writer" wrote something negative about Irsay, the colts, because of hate and had nothing to do with reality and of course the messenger is a failure and a hack.

Both local and national media have a agenda against Irsay ccording to many on this board.

Just now, coltsleafs said:

There's a pokemon community lmao 

You do realize people do this and win money, tuition, and free trips right? Also get tons of cards that they never have to buy new ones. This isn't football where people leech off a team's success, they have their own success. Sorry to offend anyone there, but it's funny how people treat football so seriously when they have no affiliation with the team, and something like pokemon as a joke, when it's something I'm playing and winning at as an individual.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You do realize people do this and win money, tuition, and free trips right? Also get tons of cards that they never have to buy new ones. This isn't football where people leech off a team's success, they have their own success. Sorry to offend anyone there, but it's funny how people treat football so seriously when they have no affiliation with the team, and something like pokemon as a joke, when it's something I'm playing and winning at as an individual.

I honestly can't tell if your joking or not right now lol. Hey what you do with your spare time is up to you man if you enjoy it then good for you everyone got a thing. I just think bragging about your Pokemon Championships on a football forum is gonna get you laughed at man. 

1 minute ago, coltsleafs said:

I honestly can't tell if your joking or not right now lol. Hey what you do with your spare time is up to you man if you enjoy it then good for you everyone got a thing. I just think bragging about your Pokemon Championships on a football forum is gonna get you laughed at man. 

He wasn't bragging, simply making an example. 

I'm pretty smart at football, not trying to be a nerd here. I was just comparing a situation to Luck's situation of never winning a SB and how it would be a waste if he doesn't win one. It got out of control, that's all.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm pretty smart at football, not trying to be a nerd here. I was just comparing a situation to Luck's situation of never winning a SB and how it would be a waste if he doesn't win one. It got out of control, that's all.

Ah okay no worries. This is an actual serious question can you actually get tuition paid for by playing Pokemon. I'm honestly just curious I know very little on the subject obviously.

Ah okay no worries. This is an actual serious question can you actually get tuition paid for by playing Pokemon. I'm honestly just curious I know very little on the subject obviously.

Yes you can, though it's only in bigger tourneys from last time I checked. State wins, and top 3 in regionals and nats and worlds. Though with the increased popularity since i stopped playing, it may of went up in amount and top finishes.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Yes you can, though it's only in bigger tourneys from last time I checked. State wins, and top 3 in regionals and nats and worlds. Though with the increased popularity since i stopped playing, it may of went up in amount and top finishes.

Wow I never knew you could play it at that kind of level. Why did you stop?

3 minutes ago, coltsleafs said:

Wow I never knew you could play it at that kind of level. Why did you stop?

It got to a point where the game is based almost completely on Luck now. Most people are building decks around winning the opening coin flip to go first. When that happens and you face them, there's a very good chance you can lose early. There's also no real counter to those decks at the time if they do go first, so I didn't want to travel to a different state based on Luck.

It got to a point where the game is based almost completely on Luck now. Most people are building decks around winning the opening coin flip to go first. When that happens and you face them, there's a very good chance you can lose early. There's also no real counter to those decks at the time if they do go first, so I didn't want to travel to a different state based on Luck.

You mean they haven't adjusted yet so that if the team that wins the coin toss only gets a fg you got a shot ;0

Just now, coltsleafs said:

To be honest I think the NFL needs to go one step further and be more like College and both teams regardless if the first team scores a TD should get the ball take the coin toss deciding games right out of it. 

I agree, if both teams score a td, then have the game decided on the next score. Just let both teams have a shot.

47 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

i am calling you a liar.  you tied for 3rd

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?6099-Colorado-State-Championship

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That was 2004, I finished 1st in 2007

Well I am glad you rebounded years later because it sounds like a crushing loss in the '04 semi-finals

Jared is up by 2 prizes drawn to 1. Jared's active MewtwoEX has 3 damage and appears to be safe against a Blaziken with 2 Fire and Amphy and Skitty on the bench (neither with any energy). Adrian has nothing in his hand but a Prof Elm Training Method and Lightning. Adrian used the PF Training Method to get Delcatty. Jared cuts his deck. Now, Adrian needs to top deck both Rayquaza AND Multi. BAM! He Energy Draws Rayquaza and TWO Multi Energies for the win. It was devastating for Jared, but exciting for both Adrian and the crowd watching.

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Well I am glad you rebounded years later because it sounds like a crushing loss in the '04 semi-finals

Jared is up by 2 prizes drawn to 1. Jared's active MewtwoEX has 3 damage and appears to be safe against a Blaziken with 2 Fire and Amphy and Skitty on the bench (neither with any energy). Adrian has nothing in his hand but a Prof Elm Training Method and Lightning. Adrian used the PF Training Method to get Delcatty. Jared cuts his deck. Now, Adrian needs to top deck both Rayquaza AND Multi. BAM! He Energy Draws Rayquaza and TWO Multi Energies for the win. It was devastating for Jared, but exciting for both Adrian and the crowd watching.

Yeah that was a bad loss. Unfortunately got really unlucky, but it can happen. It'll average out over time if you play well.

Yeah that was a bad loss. Unfortunately got really unlucky, but it can happen. It'll average out over time if you play well.

I am 1/2 of the 2005 University of Indianapolis Euchre Champions....  *drops the mic*

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

What he's done is said the words.....   "at this time"....   

And then he's said nothing since.      Not to the fan base....   not to the media....    and, as far as anyone can tell, since there's been no official announcement as there was last year,   he hasn't officially told Grigson or Pagano that they will be back.

And, he's interviewed Gruden for Pagano's job.

That's what he's done.

I promise I'm not looking for a fight here....    I hope you know I respect you.    I'm just trying to explain what this looks like to the journalism world....

I'm not sure all this attention is bad for the Colts. They had a very up and down 8-8 season, in some respects boring. The NFL playoffs are full tilt, and the Colts org is making news by doing nothing. To be able to generate this much hype from very little cash input is interesting marketing. The recent news has been more directed to a will he, won't he story. It's shifted from the should he fire Grigs and Pags story that has been running. Irsay may wish to give the impression he's working on things to appeal to a disenchanted fan base, but really he's got his guys for a least one more year.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I don't get the reference, it looks like a random guy with a "whatever" look on his face. I was only trying to compare a real life situation a friend of mine and i had with how Luck and other hall-of-famers would feel about a SB win.

Wait... Marlon Brando is now a random guy?