Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning Interview

Hoosier

What he said was, everything the doctors have been telling him is on point and he expects to be cleared and ready to go in the next few weeks. He also said he and Irsay have, and will continue to have a great relationship for the rest of there lives. Following the interview Schefter completely fails in the category of comprehension and asserts something he can not possibly know. He said given the way Peyton feels and Mr. Irsay wanting to do everything possible not to put Peyton in a situation where the injury could be compromised means that Peyton will be released, even after Mort made it perfectly clear that the risk of injury is no greater for Peyton than it is his brother this weekend. Quote from Schefter "If you factor in the way Jim Irsay feels and the way Peyton Manning feels you can see where this is all going, it's all going to Peytom Manning being released....". So Adam knows how both men feel about Peyton continuing to play for the Colts, and despite numerous comments by both clearly stating they both want Peyton to always be a Colts. Schefter is doing the kind of reporting that makes him a commentator not a journalist. He's having trouble separating his opinion from verifiable facts. I would suggest that any naysayer that watched that interview and is still absolutely convinced Peyton will be let go is the true denier, not those of us that believe he will remain with the team.

C'mon. Peyton isn't going to be ready in 4 weeks. The Colts will have an unbelievably tough decision regardless.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pray once and for all that lays to rest all this stuff about Manning being cut, or going to retire, and on another team. Jim irsay would be quite the fool to cut the greatest QB of all time. You can see the excitement in Peyton's eyes in that interview. He is ready to hunt! ;0

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7524484/peyton-manning-indianapolis-colts-expects-play-again-no-timing-decision

Every answer he gave was confident, assured, but also genuine. It didn't sound scripted. Broad and safe? Sure, at times, but he seemed in legitimately high spirits, he said the doctors project he's on path to a full recovery in the near future, and when he knows anything about the March 8 deadline, we will know.

So I think we can all stop saying that some guy, who knows another guy, who tweeted one day that [X] is happening is credible.

What he said was, everything the doctors have been telling him is on point and he expects to be cleared and ready to go in the next few weeks. He also said he and Irsay have, and will continue to have a great relationship for the rest of there lives. Following the interview Schefter completely fails in the category of comprehension and asserts something he can not possibly know. He said given the way Peyton feels and Mr. Irsay wanting to do everything possible not to put Peyton in a situation where the injury could be compromised means that Peyton will be released, even after Mort made it perfectly clear that the risk of injury is no greater for Peyton than it is his brother this weekend. Quote from Schefter "If you factor in the way Jim Irsay feels and the way Peyton Manning feels you can see where this is all going, it's all going to Peytom Manning being released....". So Adam knows how both men feel about Peyton continuing to play for the Colts, and despite numerous comments by both clearly stating they both want Peyton to always be a Colts. Schefter is doing the kind of reporting that makes him a commentator not a journalist. He's having trouble separating his opinion from verifiable facts. I would suggest that any naysayer that watched that interview and is still absolutely convinced Peyton will be let go is the true denier, not those of us that believe he will remain with the team.

This. The media, and even many of the new fans here (who only joined after they knew we'd be drafting Luck halfway through the season), wanted him gone so badly, but it looks like it's not going to happen.

Irsay and Manning have both stated that Manning will always be a Colt. If he's healthy soon, I'm guessing that stays true.

After the Superbowl every fan will get their answer... one thing I know for sure is that if peyton stays a colt all you luck fans can say bye bye cause they will draft griffin, cause luck will not wanna sit down for over a year neither will irsay pay so much for two QBs on his roster.

If that's their method, they're doing themself a disservice.

Which QB they draft should have nothing to do with Peyton. If they determine Luck is better than RG3, then they had darn sure better draft Luck.

C'mon. Peyton isn't going to be ready in 4 weeks. The Colts will have an unbelievably tough decision regardless.

How do you know that? The only information we've received was today, and Manning relayed to us that his doctors say he'll be ready to go soon. He's at no greater risk of injury, he's progressing as expected (in the result of a successful surgery), and was as positive and energetic as we've seen him in a long time.

If that's their method, they're doing themself a disservice.

Which QB they draft should have nothing to do with Peyton. If they determine Luck is better than RG3, then they had darn sure better draft Luck.

While I've always been a fan of the "trade the pick" motto, I agree with you. If they are looking to have a QB plan in place, they will draft Luck, not RGIII. RGIII will be a decent player in the NFL, maybe even great, but I think Luck is still the prize here. That said, Luck may not want to sit here. What say you then?

And they will.

The only thought process on that decision should be "who is the better QB." Assuming of course Irsay was right in that they plan to go the QB route in the draft.

But anyway, this thread isn't about Luck. It's about what appears to be good news regarding Manning.

While I've always been a fan of the "trade the pick" motto, I agree with you. If they are looking to have a QB plan in place, they will draft Luck, not RGIII. RGIII will be a decent player in the NFL, maybe even great, but I think Luck is still the prize here. That said, Luck may not want to sit here. What say you then?

I say it's a very complicated situation and I'm glad I don't have to make the final call. No wonder the media wants to talk about it all the time. I don't think I've ever seen a team faced with such a decision as this.

TS? (hope that doesn't break forum rules)

He's a rookie. I don't care what he thinks. His job isn't to think, it's learn how to play football in the NFL. Once he proves he can do that to a reasonable level, then he can start thinking.

With the new CBA, he has no leverage. His only option is to sit on his couch which results in him still not playing, and also not getting paid.

"I really feel good. I continue to make progress every day," he said. "Everything that the doctors have told me has been on point, which is encouraging to me. I just had a great day today with rehab, just got back from the facility, and that's what we continue to do. Just keep trying to get better. So far I have. That's the plan from here on out."

Unfortunately we don't know what the doctors told Peyton that he considered "on point".

I don't doubt Peyton is continuing to try to get better. I don't doubt that it is Peyton's plan from here on out to try to get better.

What I want to know is......is he getting better?

TS? (hope that doesn't break forum rules)

He's a rookie. I don't care what he thinks. His job isn't to think, it's learn how to play football in the NFL. Once he proves he can do that to a reasonable level, then he can start thinking.

With the new CBA, he has no leverage. His only option is to sit on his couch which results in him still not playing, and also not getting paid.

Or he then waits until he can go somewhere else. Or he asks for a trade, which I'm sure Irsay would have to consider rather than holding hostage a guy who doesn't want to be there.

Also, seeing as how thinking is required to learn to play football, I hope he does plenty of it. Would you hold him against his will? Is that the kind of player you want on your team? I'm not saying he feels that way, and it may all go smooth as butter. I'm just trying to dig further into the minds of the people who will die if he doesn't end up here.

And that dope with the Luck jersey.. come on over here and wave that jersey in my face.. id more than happy to stick that up and around your corner..

Yeah but regardless of Manning's health, he's the frontrunner to be drafted. Maybe he wants Luck to feel welcomed to the team.

After the Superbowl every fan will get their answer... one thing I know for sure is that if peyton stays a colt all you luck fans can say bye bye cause they will draft griffin, cause luck will not wanna sit down for over a year neither will irsay pay so much for two QBs on his roster.

As far as salary for Luck at #1 and Griffin at #2 or vice versa.....they would be about the same. Even moving them down to the impossible - bottom of the top 10 picks - their pay would not have an appreciable difference. We saw that last April under the new CBA. So, it's not gonna be about the money when it comes to a new pick.

"I really feel good. I continue to make progress every day," he said. "Everything that the doctors have told me has been on point, which is encouraging to me. I just had a great day today with rehab, just got back from the facility, and that's what we continue to do. Just keep trying to get better. So far I have. That's the plan from here on out."

Unfortunately we don't know what the doctors told Peyton that he considered "on point".

I don't doubt Peyton is continuing to try to get better. I don't doubt that it is Peyton's plan from here on out to try to get better.

What I want to know is......is he getting better?

Your are emphasizing the "try" too much. For one, that's a word a lot of people use. Brady frequently says he tries to get better every week. Only last night he said he was going to try not to throw 2 or more interceptions. Furthermore, he answered your question when he said, "so far I have."

You need not quote me on anything. Your to busy bowing down at lucks feet its rediculous.

I said luck/rg3 and big deal that I think the colts shouldn't put all that money in one position and have a #1 overall pick ride the bench. We r starting over and Irsay will draft luck/rg3 it's really that simple.

As far as salary for Luck at #1 and Griffin at #2 or vice versa.....they would be about the same. Even moving them down to the impossible - bottom of the top 10 picks - their pay would not have an appreciable difference. We saw that last April under the new CBA. So, it's not gonna be about the money when it comes to a new pick.

Right, but someone was quoted as suggesting the signing bonsues are tremendously different for each player in the top 10. Luck could get a bonus upwards of $15 million.

Your are emphasizing the "try" too much. For one, that's a word a lot of people use. Brady frequently says he tries to get better every week. Only last night he said he was going to try not to throw 2 or more interceptions. Furthermore, he answered your question when he said, "so far I have."

Sorry, I tend to read and think critically.

I interpret "so far I have" to mean...so far I have tried to get better.

I am very familiar with how "politicians" use words and sentence structure.

I said luck/rg3 and big deal that I think the colts shouldn't put all that money in one position and have a #1 overall pick ride the bench. We r starting over and Irsay will draft luck/rg3 it's really that simple.

Just because we cleaned house doesn't mean we are getting rid of Peyton. What will you if Peyton plays out his contract? Cry? Pout? Stop posting in here?

You know what I think is ironic is that we are pretty much back to where we were original. Peyton will be the QB and Andrew Luck will be his understudy. Through all this talk and rumors, that is what it comes back to.

I can understand Irsays frustration. He has come out and said that Peyton will be the QB here next year if he is healty, that he will draft a QB, and that you can have a young QB riding the pine for a couple of years. The media doesn't want to hear that. That want it to be more explosive.

Posted · Hidden by Peytongirl, February 1, 2012 - personal
Hidden by Peytongirl, February 1, 2012 - personal
I can't believe some people are still trying to push him out the door. He looks great, he sounds positive. He has had nothing but positive feedback about his neck. What else do you want?

He was bobbing up and down. Lol His neck looks great. Now come on nerves.

It's no his neck that is the problem it's the tricep from what I understand.

Doogan have a bad day again? And no I'm not hurt just annoyed when people say we aren't drafting luck/rg3, and simply said dm march 8th.

Sorry, I tend to read and think critically.

I interpret "so far I have" to mean...so far I have tried to get better.

That's not critical thinking; that's reading too much into it, and drawing a conclusion based on a personal bias. He would have said he has tried to get better, but he didn't. He said "I have" when speaking of getting better. His entire interview was positive, and delivered with confidence. The doctors said he's on pace to make the recovery. He's at no greater risk of injury now than someone playing this week. Why try to stretch what was said to make it appear gloomy when the tone of the interview was dramatically opposite of that?

Posted · Hidden by Peytongirl, February 1, 2012 - insult
Hidden by Peytongirl, February 1, 2012 - insult

Irsay won't pay for two QBs... so we'll draft Griffin? Shut it.

Doesn't sound like retirement to me.

I think it's either Indy or somewhere else.

Who knows, yesterday at this time I thought he was retiring. This is crazy, I just want the announcement to finally come "Peyton Manning has decided to sign a new contract with the Indianapolis Colts!" Tear the old one up, so it's not killing the franchise and able to keep him home. :)

Right, but the peripheral nervous system has a far better track record of healing than the CNS, so be glad it's his triceps.

Doogan have a bad day again? And no I'm not hurt just annoyed when people say we aren't drafting luck/rg3, and simply said dm march 8th.

I don't have bad days. Other people just sometimes have much better days.

Why are you annoyed by that? Can they be annoyed at those who only joined this site when Luck became the front-runner? Why does it matter if they express their opinion in opposition to yours? You shouldn't feel the need to rush to Luck's defense every time someone does NOT worship him on here.

Or he then waits until he can go somewhere else. Or he asks for a trade, which I'm sure Irsay would have to consider rather than holding hostage a guy who doesn't want to be there.

Also, seeing as how thinking is required to learn to play football, I hope he does plenty of it. Would you hold him against his will? Is that the kind of player you want on your team? I'm not saying he feels that way, and it may all go smooth as butter. I'm just trying to dig further into the minds of the people who will die if he doesn't end up here.

If our scouting department determines he is the best player in the draft, then we draft him. It's as simple as that. All this other stuff about not wanting to sit and what not is fluff. That can get worked out once he gets here. Again, he has no leverage aside from sitting out.

But answer this, if the whole reason he doesn't want to come here is because he doesn't want to risk losing years of his career, how much sense does it make to trade sitting the bench and learning from a guy like Manning while earning a nice paycheck, to instead sitting on your couch, learning nothing while getting paid nothing? I'll answer for you, it makes no sense.

I'm sure he'd rather play. I wouldn't want a guy here who didn't want to play. So I don't consider this a bad thing.

Didn't mean to only include his neck. Just meant positive overall.

How do you know that? The only information we've received was today, and Manning relayed to us that his doctors say he'll be ready to go soon. He's at no greater risk of injury, he's progressing as expected (in the result of a successful surgery), and was as positive and energetic as we've seen him in a long time.

What's even better is the bone in his neck could actually be STRONGER than it was before. The #18 Terminator.

Posted · Hidden by Peytongirl, February 1, 2012 - personal
Hidden by Peytongirl, February 1, 2012 - personal

Just because we cleaned house doesn't mean we are getting rid of Peyton. What will you if Peyton plays out his contract? Cry? Pout? Stop posting in here?

I've never met a person on a forum who is as depressed and lives such a horrible life that they have to take their frustrations out on strangers over the Internet. You lack the ability to have a conversation without personal shots which says a lot about the person you really are. If you didn't have such a selective memory and didn't twist words to your liking you would know I'm all for manning coming back or going. I love pm he is a great player,one of the best ever. So to answer your immature,childish question no I won't cry because its a win win situation to me.

Right, but someone was quoted as suggesting the signing bonsues are tremendously different for each player in the top 10. Luck could get a bonus upwards of $15 million.

Cam Newton got 4 for 22, all of it guaranteed and his deal works like this:

He gets an immediate signing bonus ot $14,518,5444. He’ll then make base salaries of $375,000 in 2011, $1,376,159 in 2012, $2,377,318 in 2013 and $3,378,477 in 2014.

Same situation for Von Miller with 4 for 21.

Andrew Luck will be paid on about the same scale.

Cam Newton got 4 for 22, all of it guaranteed and his deal works like this:

He gets an immediate signing bonus ot $14,518,5444. He’ll then make base salaries of $375,000 in 2011, $1,376,159 in 2012, $2,377,318 in 2013 and $3,378,477 in 2014.

Same situation for Von Miller with 4 for 21.

Andrew Luck will be paid on about the same scale.

Isn't it like 5/6 mil a year towards the cap or something to that effect? Not a whole lot (relatively speaking)