Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gore needs 36 yards for 1000

Reboot

I think we all wish Gore's time with the Colts resulted in more success, for the team, for him statistically, all of it.  But he's had one heck of a career, and I hope he gets those 36 yards.  The little piece of history Sunday won't be remotely like contending for a championship, but it would confirm what most know, and that is he's been amongst the best backs in the NFL, and his longevity puts him exclusive company. 

" Frank Gore, in his 12th NFL season, could accomplish something Sunday against the Jaguars that hasn't been done in 32 years. The Colts running back needs just 36 yards to rush for 1,000 on the season. While 1,000-yard seasons are nothing new, the last time someone at least 33 years old managed the feat was 1984, when Redskins running back John Riggins (34 at the time) finished with 1,239 rushing yards and 14 touchdowns."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/frank-gore-needs-36-yards-to-do-something-that-hasnt-happened-in-32-years/

5 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

Good post. I like Frank Gore a lot. I would bet he gets the 36 yards come Sunday. I'm going to go and say he actually has the best game of the season. I think he will do 120+ and 1 TD. He knows this may be his last game, and will give a little extra. 

This won't be Gore's last game. I would be VERY surprised if it was. 

But I agree, I think he'll have a good game. They'll probably roll with him often too.

5 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

This won't be Gore's last game. I would be VERY surprised if it was. 

But I agree, I think he'll have a good game. They'll probably roll with him often too.

I think if the Colts keep him no doubt. But if he gets cut, and no contending team picks him up with plans for him to start... I don't think it would be as surprising as you think. That said, he probably has 2 more years left if he wants. 

6 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

I want Frank to get his 1k more than I want to win this game.

For me it goes

1 Robert Mathis gets his last strip sack

2 Frank Gore get 1,000 yards

3 t.y hilton gets atleast 120 or so yards and finishes the year as leader in reception yards for 2016 (something not talked about)

4 colts win

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 3:57 PM, twfish said:

For me it goes

1 Robert Mathis gets his last strip sack

2 Frank Gore get 1,000 yards

3 t.y hilton gets atleast 120 or so yards and finishes the year as leader in reception yards for 2016 (something not talked about)

4 colts win

TY Hilton (85 catches, 1,353 yards)

Odell Beckman (96 catches, 1,323 yards)

Julio Jones (76 catches, 1.313 yards)

Antonio Brown (106 catches, 1,284 yards)

Mike Evans (91 catches, 1,256 yards)

...many are not playing today