Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

Thank goodness that Trevor Bauer helped the Mets avoid making another bad free agent signing. Why do we pursue these high-priced free agents who are not really great players? I would have been upset had we signed Bauer for all the money he got. And I hear we offered him more money. SMH. 

I would rather save our money to re-sign/extend our own players. 

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

We should have traded him to you guys haha, he hasn't been able to hit since 18, like he was good at hitting LHP but he stopped being able to at all

I want him for his defense. Isn't he a great outfielder? 

I'm different. Like pitching and defense and timely hitting. I like guys to get on base, no matter how. I don't value home runs the way other fans do. I like National League style baseball. 

23 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I want him for his defense. Isn't he a great outfielder? 

I'm different. Like pitching and defense and timely hitting. I like guys to get on base, no matter how. I don't value home runs the way other fans do. I like National League style baseball. 

He should still be, and he is good baserunner, the issue is he hasn't been getting on base. He doesn't walk and hasn't been getting singles or hits at all. He unless changes, is a defense replacement guy 

On 2/7/2021 at 1:29 PM, NFLfan said:

I saw that earlier. I love it. I have always liked him and I wanted the Mets to trade for him in past years. 

Congratulations, hopefully he can get back to form and be a great player for the Mets, always liked him. Looks like Cubs just signed an ex Met too....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ontapsportsnet.com/2021/02/11/cubs-sign-outfielder-jake-marisnick/amp/

Some changes to ST schedule, Cactus league had start date pushed back, Cubs now start March 1. Grapefruit is getting change to help with travel. 

Also MILB teams formally accepted their spots and signed 10 year deals. If you are near Indy, the Indians will now play the Iowa Cubs and are in the same division so they will play regularly

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Heard on PTI earlier that the Cubs are thinking about trading Kris Bryant (MVP) to the Mets. Wilbon is a huge Cubs fan and not happy. I am not either, if the Cubs do that their FO needs to get their head check. @NFLfan, thoughts on maybe getting MVP? He is healthy now.

I would not mind. However, I don't like all this change. The Mets have too many new players. I would rather bolster the pitching and defense. We signed Almora. Is it just my imagination or is he in fact a great defensive outfielder? 

How is everyone doing? Ready for some baseball? 

I played this at home today. 

13 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I would not mind. However, I don't like all this change. The Mets have too many new players. I would rather bolster the pitching and defense. We signed Almora. Is it just my imagination or is he in fact a great defensive outfielder? 

How is everyone doing? Ready for some baseball? 

I played this at home today. 

Almora is a great defensive player, you will like him.

12 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

@2006Coltsbestever you are getting your wish Arrieta close to 1 year 6.5mil deal with Cubs

Jake should retire a Cub, it is only fitting. He was 2-0 in games he pitched in the 2016 WS and won his only CY Young award in 2015 with the Cubs going 22-6 with an era of 1.77. He is my favorite Cubs of all-time and got us a ring in 2016. Jenkins and Maddux may have been better overall all-time but Jake is my guy when it is crunch time. To me Maddux was more of a Brave anyway, that is where he won his ring and dominated the majority of his seasons.

31 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

2006coltsbestever is pumped:

Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons

Celebrate Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

Happy Homer Simpson GIF- On my all-time Cubs starting 9 which I will rehash, if I give 1 guy the ball to pitch a deciding game it is Jake, he is Mr Clutch. Jake (righty) 2015/2016 can give me 5 great Innings, after that for craps and giggles I would have Jenkins (righty) pitch 2 Innings = 6 and 7, Maddux (righty) pitch 1 inning = the 8th, and then Chapman (lefty) pitch 1 inning to close it in the 9th. My overall lineup 1-8, I have changed it a little so I am working on it. Not sure yet.

At the present time:

The Dodgers are the only team with a salary over $200 at $238 million.

The Yankees are the only other team over 
$190 million at $192 million.

3rd is the Mets at $184 million.  

So don't be surprised when these teams are competing for their division.   

Archived