Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

2 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Well it is at least not ending today. We will have a game tomorrow and then Saturday if necessary due to the weather issues. They need the bats to light a fire and do what they did over the weekends. Give Yu some breathing room. We really needs the bats. Maybe give Jobu some rum. 

Also Reds eliminated in a sweep. They scored no runs in the series. In 22 innings. At least we scored a run. 

We just need to score more so that we dont need a shutout to win

Yeah I am off work tomorrow and we play at 2pm so I will have my wings and beer ready. I will be at work Saturday if we do play but can follow it at work if we play early again. 

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I am off work tomorrow and we play at 2pm so I will have my wings and beer ready. I will be at work Saturday if we do play but can follow it at work if we play early again. 

I got an appointment in the morning so I will actually be up already. The game may be move to 7pm EST if it is the only game tomorrow just FYI. I am assuming Saturday would be late if there is one, even more depending on CFB games

33 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I got an appointment in the morning so I will actually be up already. The game may be move to 7pm EST if it is the only game tomorrow just FYI. I am assuming Saturday would be late if there is one, even more depending on CFB games

Yeah if the Padres win tonight I think the game will still be at 2pm. I hope it's at 2pm, that would work better for me.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

With the Padres win over the Cards, Cubs are officially on at 2pm Friday (ABC). Padres play the Cards at 7pm. Works for me :thmup:

I’ll be building a deck, but will definitely be listening on radio!!! My help already knows to watch for flying hammers, lol!!!!

4e3269f8.gif?crop=0.75,0.99,x0.01,y0.00,

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

I’ll be building a deck, but will definitely be listening on radio!!! My help already knows to watch for flying hammers, lol!!!!

4e3269f8.gif?crop=0.75,0.99,x0.01,y0.00,

So glad this game is on at 2pm my time. I can watch the whole thing and at least go to bed knowing whether we won or lost. I have some wings I can heat up and my beer so I am ready. I have to work tomorrow morning and be up by 330am. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So far the Bats = baby eating GIF, Darvish pitched well but we can't score for some reason?? 2-0 Marlins in the 7th.

Trying to stay optimistic, anything can happen, but boy am I getting sick of this boring baseball by the Cubs. I had a bad feeling about post season if they made it, and looks like it was valid so far. :facepalm:

:ranton:

Welp there it is folks, Cubs choke, not surprised after the uninspired baseball they’ve been playing. Not a bad season for first time manager Ross, has a lot to learn yet, evident by some of his decisions recently. Season probably would have played out differently if it would have been a regular season, can’t keep playing this way and expect to make it far. Wriggled field is a magical place, but without the fans there it is just not the same. Could that have been a factor?

Some changes have to be made. Schwarber might be a goner. Lester, Bryant maybe? It’s been a fun run, but I think Epstein will be shaking things up after another choke job by this group. Oh well, it’s been fun being in here talking to you folks, hope our Colts can fill this void, that and NCAA football is starting up soon!

:rantoff:

Sorry if I’ve been a downer guys, 2020 has been a tough year and watching the Cubs was an escape for me from everything, and this team just let me down. It happens. They made it this far. GoCubsGo! My other escape has been my son. He plays 10U baseball, and has had a spectacular season! Last game of the season tonight, they have only lost 1 game by 1 run. They start tournament play next week and are the number one seed! It has been a blast watching him play, he started at LC and did great, and was moved to pitcher and has been killing it, so proud of him and the boys! Can’t wait to watch them play! GoWildcatsGo!!!

Maybe this core teams run is over?? It's been a hell of a 6 season run:

2015 = 97-65 made playoffs, lost in NLCS - nice run

2016 = 103-58 won Division, won NL, won WS

2017 = 92-70 won Division, lost in NLCS - nice run

2018 = 95-68 made playoffs, lost in WC round

2019 = 84-78 missed playoffs but still had a winning record

2020 = 34-26 won Division, lost in WC round

-Theo needs to make some changes, not sure what they are but our offense has actually looked putrid the last 2 post seasons = 2018 and now in 2020.

Overall this season deserves a B-, we did win the Division during a pandemic but the postseason ended poorly. David Ross gets a solid B from me, I thought he managed good but not great. I like him moving forward though. 

3 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Sorry if I’ve been a downer guys, 2020 has been a tough year and watching the Cubs was an escape for me from everything, and this team just let me down. It happens. They made it this far. GoCubsGo! My other escape has been my son. He plays 10U baseball, and has had a spectacular season! Last game of the season tonight, they have only lost 1 game by 1 run. They start tournament play next week and are the number one seed! It has been a blast watching him play, he started at LC and did great, and was moved to pitcher and has been killing it, so proud of him and the boys! Can’t wait to watch them play! GoWildcatsGo!!!

All the best to you and your son's team. Hopefully the year ends on a happy note.

2020 started on a bad foot for me. I broke my right ankle the day before the year started. I have recovered from that and thankfully, those close to me and I have been well.

My two sports teams have been a trainwreck. :( But, it could be worse. 

It was just a bad batting series for everyone but Happ and maybe Heyward. 

In other news, WTH with the umps! twice in 2 weeks they have negated a HBP for us, cuz they said we leaned in. You never see that call! I have never seen that. And then he hit him on what look like purpose but gets to stay in. I really hate these crap umps, MLBUA needs to be disbanded and reformed. Electric Strike zones will also be good

1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

It was just a bad batting series for everyone but Happ and maybe Heyward. 

In other news, WTH with the umps! twice in 2 weeks they have negated a HBP for us, cuz they said we leaned in. You never see that call! I have never seen that. And then he hit him on what look like purpose but gets to stay in. I really hate these crap umps, MLBUA needs to be disbanded and reformed. Electric Strike zones will also be good

Yeah IDK wth that was all about, what a bunch of crap! The ball hit him, he didn’t purposely lean in! He HATES being hit! Then he gets plunked after the exchange? Ugh...my blood of pressures going up again, lol!

Obituary:

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cardinals-hall-of-famer-bob-gibson-dies-at-84-after-bout-with-cancer/article_90a0dff7-bee3-5a81-9eb0-91663f29fb4d.html

He was great. I think he was one of @Jay Kirk's favorite players. 

It seems unbelievable that someone with the career of Bob Gibson received only 84% of the votes for election into the Hall of Fame. What were the other 16% thinking? 

18 hours ago, HOZER said:

Yeah IDK wth that was all about, what a bunch of crap! The ball hit him, he didn’t purposely lean in! He HATES being hit! Then he gets plunked after the exchange? Ugh...my blood of pressures going up again, lol!

Ya the way umps were showing up this year has been a pain! They always tried to do it all

8 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Ya the way umps were showing up this year has been a pain! They always tried to do it all

I don't really want to use the Umps as an excuse why we lost but the difference being down 1-2 in a count and up 2-1 is a huge difference batting avg wise. There were at least 4 or 5 bad calls that went against the Cubs in those situations yesterday. Still no excuse to score 0 runs. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't really want to use the Umps as an excuse why we lost but the difference being down 1-2 in a count and up 2-1 is a huge difference batting avg wise. There were at least 4 or 5 bad calls that went against the Cubs in those situations yesterday. Still no excuse to score 0 runs. 

Oh I am not even just saying yesterday. They have been so bad overall. Just all year in many games, the umps have been inconsistent and showing up players. It is just more frustrating too when you have players press even more cuz they getting bad calls. And the ejection

3 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Oh I am not even just saying yesterday. They have been so bad overall. Just all year in many games, the umps have been inconsistent and showing up players. It is just more frustrating too when you have players press even more cuz they getting bad calls. And the ejection

When Contreras 1st got hit and the ump said he leaned in, I lmao . That worked out though at least.

8 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

@NFLfan Did you see what Cohen is doing, he is reinstating the pay for those employees who salary was cut. They will start paying full salary starting in November

Thank you. I did not see that. Do you have an article that you could share about this? 

Edit:

I found it. It is good to hear.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2020/10/steve-cohen-buying-the-mets-means-the-end-of-pay-cuts-for-team-employees.html

On 10/3/2020 at 3:19 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure what is more of a shocker, Cards losing the series to the Padres or Cubs losing to the Marlins. I guess probably the Cubs losing but the Marlins are a lot better than people think. Cards had 1-0 lead in their series and was up 6-2 in Game 2 but still lost the series. Both series are bad.

Also dont forget, the Marlins have never lost a playoff series in 27 years. They are now 7-0 for playoff series in the franchise's history. It was unfortunate we played them

22 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you. I did not see that. Do you have an article that you could share about this? 

Edit:

I found it. It is good to hear.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2020/10/steve-cohen-buying-the-mets-means-the-end-of-pay-cuts-for-team-employees.html

Ya sorry, I only am on once a day normally, and on Sunday's I dont return until late in night to computer. I also had seen it in a tweet. 

And I agree very good to hear. I wish Cubs had done it. It is gonna be nice for you guys to have the wealthiest MLB owner now after the Wilpon years

Well, that didn't go well for the Cubs or the Cardinals.  Surprised the Marlins swept that series and the Cardinals, I can't explain.  I knew the Padres bats would wake up, and boy did they ever!  They are an exciting team to watch and I hope they can get back at least one of their 2 starters that missed the Cardinals series.  Here's hoping they can knock off the Dodgers!!!

Meanwhile, since my Cardinals are out of it...GO RAYS!!!!!!

Sadly, as mentioned already, Cardinal Nation lost one of its all time greats.  Rest In Peace Bob Gibson...no doubt on the Mt. Rushmore of St. Louis Cardinals baseball.  Even tougher after losing Lou Brock recently, too.

6 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Well, that didn't go well for the Cubs or the Cardinals.  Surprised the Marlins swept that series and the Cardinals, I can't explain.  I knew the Padres bats would wake up, and boy did they ever!  They are an exciting team to watch and I hope they can get back at least one of their 2 starters that missed the Cardinals series.  Here's hoping they can knock off the Dodgers!!!

I seen where the Padres left 2 of their better starters off the post season roster.   Can they reset the roster after each series?   

Go Padres!   

Go Rays and go A's!

The NL Central sure didn't show up.  Cards, Cubs, Brewers and Reds all lose with a combined record of 1-8.   Cardinals the only team to win a game.   

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I seen where the Padres left 2 of their better starters off the post season roster.   Can they reset the roster after each series?   

Go Padres!   

Go Rays and go A's!

The NL Central sure didn't show up.  Cards, Cubs, Brewers and Reds all lose with a combined record of 1-8.   Cardinals the only team to win a game.   

Yeah the Cubs putrid offense was a surprise. Very disappointing. I am now rooting for underdogs, like the Padres and even Marlins.

17 hours ago, Myles said:

Go Padres!   

Go Rays and go A's!

Those 2 pitchers were injured and each team can reset their rosters for each series.  Clevinger may be back, not sure about Lamet.

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah the Cubs putrid offense was a surprise. Very disappointing. I am now rooting for underdogs, like the Padres and even Marlins.

After all the low scoring games they had this shortened season, I wasn’t surprised, pretty much picked up where the left of the previous season. Somethings broke.....hope they get it fixed next season. Already seeing talks of Epstein finishing his contract next season then moving on, hope he hasn’t already checked out!!!

Archived