Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win! After starting 2-7, the Cubs are now 19-12 and in 1st place in the NL Central. 7 wins a row and a sweep. Fly that flag Hozer.

robin williams dancing GIF by STARZ

I won’t boast much more after this win out of respect for my good friend Jay.....I am proud of the Cubs for the way they have played, especially winning so convincingly today after 4 errors!!! And Bryant with a grand slam! Hope that was the spark he’s been missing!!! BRING ON THE MARLINS!!!!!

609F037F-4232-4904-8354-53CC41D55F10.jpeg.ba8d5b64b4479d06a9fc34eab97461d1.jpeg

3 minutes ago, HOZER said:

I won’t boast much more after this win out of respect for my good friend Jay.....I am proud of the Cubs for the way they have played, especially winning so convincingly today after 4 errors!!! And Bryant with a grand slam! Hope that was the spark he’s been missing!!! BRING ON THE MARLINS!!!!!

Yeah I can not believe we swept them, @Jay Kirk knows how much I respect the Cards. Cards are loaded but we are red hot right now and just caught them at the right time. Coming into this, a sweep didn't even enter my mind. I was thinking 2 of 3 because of being at Wrigley at best. 

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Seems like I remember some writing off Maddon and the Cubs

Many did early on but it is such a long season that to write a team off after 10 games is plain silly. I still think the Cards have the most talent in the division after picking up Goldschmidt and the Brewers are a very good team as well. As @Jay Kirk would say, Baseball doesn't really start until June. April and May are a feeling out process more than anything. In a 162 game season anything can happen because it is so long. Teams go on losing streaks and go on hot streaks. That is Baseball. I am still very concerned that Yu Darvish may not pan out and that is a major worry.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Many did early on but it is such a long season that to write a team off after 10 games is plain silly. I still think the Cards have the most talent in the division after picking up Goldschmidt and the Brewers are a very good team as well. As @Jay Kirk would say, Baseball doesn't really start until June. April and May are a feeling out process more than anything. In a 162 game season anything can happen because it is so long. Teams go on losing streaks and go on hot streaks. That is Baseball. I am still very concerned that Yu Darvish may not pan out and that is a major worry.

Ironically June is when baseball ends for me

In the NL before the season started I had the Cards winning the NL Central, Dodgers winning the NL West, and the Braves winning the NL East. My 2 wildcard teams were the Cubs and the Brewers. Braves are only 1.5 back of the Phillies in the East as of now but are right there. All the teams I picked to make the playoffs are above .500 so far so we will see.

6 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Strop gonna Strop.

Games like last night will come back and haunt the Cubs in September and October. You've got to win that game. I know it is still very early in  the season but man we should've won that last night! Very disappointed with that loss. Today is a new day though and a chance to start a new winning streak!

1 hour ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Games like last night will come back and haunt the Cubs in September and October. You've got to win that game. I know it is still very early in  the season but man we should've won that last night! Very disappointed with that loss. Today is a new day though and a chance to start a new winning streak!

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

Strop gonna Strop.

What happened?

54 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What happened?

Cubs went from sweeping the best team in the National, to losing to the last place team....Strop had some control issues again and loaded them up, then our newcomer had a brain fart......

Cubs closer Pedro Strop lost his control, and then Kyle Ryan had a brain cramp on a comebacker.

The Miami Marlins, with the worst record in the majors, found a wild way to win against previously red-hot Chicago.

3 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Today is a new day though and a chance to start a new winning streak!

Amen!

7 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Games like these happen unfortunately. Games you should never lose and we did blow it last night but we were due for a loss. I had us winning this series 3-1 so we still can if we win the next 3. I am glad to see Bryant out of his slump, he hit a huge HR last night in the 9th inning. We will rebound and win tonight.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Phillies up 10-1 over the Cards, @NFLfan, Mets lead 1-0 already in the 1st inning. Cubs still tied at 2-2 to the bottom of the 7th.

2-0 now. Cano with his 2500th hit. It was a ground rule double and a fan got a valuable souvenir.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

MVP with a 9th inning HR, Cubs win baby! He's back, that was against the wind haha . Back in 1st place. MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP! Fly the flag Hozer.  

HOLY COW!!!!!! CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN!!!  MVP with game winning HR!!!  I had a gut feeling he was going to do that! I love it!!!!

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

HOLY COW!!!!!! CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN!!!  MVP with game winning HR!!!  I had a gut feeling he was going to do that! I love it!!!!

He's been on fire lately, I thought he would get a hit to win it but that was awesome! 20-13 now on the season and in 1st place in the NL Central. 

21 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Found out last night that one reason for my fandom died 

Hopefully watching them play will put a smile on your face and bring back some good memories of him.

Still don’t know how we beat the mighty Cardinals then struggle against this team? Are the Marlins not as bad as their record shows? Hendricks with another great game though, that’s a positive! Let’s see if we can finish this out.:bored:

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

Still don’t know how we beat the mighty Cardinals then struggle against this team? Are the Marlins not as bad as their record shows? Hendricks with another great game though, that’s a positive! Let’s see if we can finish this out.:bored:

Baseball is strange like that. Cards lost again tonight by the way. I had us winning this series 3-1 coming in but this game right now looks 50/50.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Baseball is strange like that. Cards lost again tonight by the way. I had us winning this series 3-1 coming in but this game right now looks 50/50.

Maybe MVP will come through again?!

I hope Rizzo is a lifetime Cub, he is an amazing person and player. Very smart player. Saw Russel is back, lots of Boos tonight. Wonder what’s going on with Zobrist, he took a leave of absence.

Just now, HOZER said:

I hope Rizzo is a lifetime Cub, he is an amazing person and player. Very smart player. Saw Russel is back, lots of Boos tonight. Wonder what’s going on with Zobrist, he took a leave of absence.

Not sure about Big Ben. Maybe a family problem, nobody has said anything. 

Archived