Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2006Coltsbestever

• NFLfan

• Jay Kirk

• PrincetonTiger

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

As most of you know, I'm a Cardinals fan.  But you don't know that at one time I was a Cubs fan.  This was in the early 1980's while I was in college and got cable TV.  Our TV provider had WGN and sin

Posted Images

Even when we were down 7-0 I still thought we could win even without MVP lmao . We didn't but that is how good we are right now. I have been spoiled with this team since 2015. Reds won't be easy starting tomorrow but we should win. Reds are much better this season than last.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@NFLfan, Mets won again. They have now won 4 in a row and are 24-25 and still only 4 games out of 1st place in the NL East.

Thanks but it's nothing to brag about. That was preceded by a sweep by the Marlins. haha

How is our friend @Jay Kirk doing? He is missed around here. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Me too. I am worried about him because he normally chimes in at least once a week.

There are times that he gets busy for a while. I'm hopeful we will see him soon. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Even when we were down 7-0 I still thought we could win even without MVP lmao . We didn't but that is how good we are right now. I have been spoiled with this team since 2015. Reds won't be easy starting tomorrow but we should win. Reds are much better this season than last.

We really missed Bryant in the infield yesterday, as well as his bat. No more breaks for MVP!!!!

And yes, was wondering where Jay is, hope everything’s ok.

• Like 1
On 5/19/2019 at 7:32 AM, NFLfan said:

Congratulations! Time flies. It seems that you had just told us 2 years ago that you were a senior in high school. I can't believe 4 years have already passed. All the best in your professional (and personal) life.

200.gif

weber state dance GIF

Haha thanks, I actually did undergrad in 3 years now started my Master's program for this next year

So finally back after having layovers and delayed flights to misconnections. Rogers Centre is interesting. When you walk in you end up on the 3rd level and we sat in 130 for one game and 123 for the other game.The stadium did not have a real baseball stadium feeling though. Idk if cuz the roof was closed or what but it did not feel the same as a normal game. I did like the stadium though. It was nice that it was inside as weather was bad all week. I did like the fact the turf was so bouncy that they would just start to bounce the balls between innings. I also like there was no dirt flying to get into my eyes. The best thing was the unlimited souvenir cups for drinks and a bargain type  stand of general baseball food. 

I will rank this one once I reach 20. 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tough loss. Reds have our number lately. We need a closer.

18 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Epstein really needs to do something about this bullpen, and I don’t think Strop returning is the answer. Unreal.

Still lots of baseball left. The Nats are not doing anything this year. They have a good closer that the Cubs can trade for. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Still lots of baseball left. The Nats are not doing anything this year. They have a good closer that the Cubs can trade for. 

Yes a lot of baseball left but this bullpens been a mess since last season.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, HOZER said:

Yes a lot of baseball left but this bullpens been a mess since last season.

I hear you. Is there any pitcher you want. CBE wants Chapman back. I like Doolittle but he and Maddon had a little back and forth; so, Maddon may not want him here. He is the Nats closer. I like him a lot. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I hear you. Is there any pitcher you want. CBE wants Chapman back. I like Doolittle but he and Maddon had a little back and forth; so, Maddon may not want him here. He is the Nats closer. I like him a lot. 

So far this season Chapman has 13 saves and has only 1 blown save, era of 1.83. We should've never let him walk or let Jake walk. We could've re-signed both but didn't. The Cubs are still a very good team but not great because of the bullpen. We have had chances to build on the NL Central lead and failed to do so, so far. Brewers, Pirates, and Cards all lost yesterday. Instead being up 1.5 over the Brewers we should be up 3.5 or 4.5 by now had it not been for the bullpen.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Although he would be expensive, Kimbrel is still out there. I just don’t see Theo spending that kind of money, and he’ll prob be gone after the draft next month to avoid the qualifying offer penalty. Might need to get crafty with some trades, although our top prospect Nico Hoerner is currently hurt so....:dunno:

I still don’t understand why they let Jesse Chavez walk after one season, he was a great closer, and wanted to remain with the team. 

Yeah definitely don't see Doolittle coming after the comments he made about Madden. Don't really know much about him.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Although he would be expensive, Kimbrel is still out there. I just don’t see Theo spending that kind of money, and he’ll prob be gone after the draft next month to avoid the qualifying offer penalty. Might need to get crafty with some trades, although our top prospect Nico Hoerner is currently hurt so....:dunno:

I still don’t understand why they let Jesse Chavez walk after one season, he was a great closer, and wanted to remain with the team. 

Yeah definitely don't see Doolittle coming after the comments he made about Madden. Don't really know much about him.

Thank you, Chavez is who I was thinking of after yesterday's loss. I could not remember his name. Should've never let him go either.

• Like 1
  • NFLfan changed the title to Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?
  • NFLfan unpinned this topic